Sorry for the double post, but I wasn’t done decorating my black and white room…We definitely need a toothpick, a watch and an iPhone in here.
What for, you ask? No apparent reason…
Some other things we need:A water bottle
…A taxi cab and a weird haircut
…An impregnating stare
…And an elephant
... Wait, what? An elephant?
I better stop before this gets any weirder…I think I need a Nespresso...
Phew! I was getting a little delirious there.
Sorry I haven’t posted in forever. I’ve been busy studying, catching up on ComicCon goodies and devouring Sempre. I still have part of Cosmopolis to finish, but I just could not wait
to read Sempre. I finished it in no time at all and even though the book was bigger than I expected, it left me wanting so much more. It really is an a.ma.zing story! It took me a while to get over the Bella and Edward association, but as I got deeper into the story I clearly only saw Haven and Carmine. They weren’t anything like their Twilight characters in EP anyway imo. I don’t know if any of you care, but the next part is a bit spoilerish, so - inv font: One of the biggest changes was the fact that Emmett and Jasper were now condensed into one person. I’m still on the fence about that. I don’t mind as much, but when you have a character that’s a complete goofball one minute and gives heartfelt, deep and great advise the next, it’s kind of hard to keep up. Another big change is the lack of lemons. There’s only one left and it’s very “tame”. I do have to say I missed some of them. Not that I need the graphic detail, but they were so sweet and character building in EP. It really showed how different Edward/Carmine treats Bella/Haven and how patient he is with her. But still I think it was the right decision to leave them out. The ending of the book is somewhere halfway into EP, so there’s still a significant part of the story left which I would have loved to see in the book as well. The ending in the book is a bit too open for me. I liked the epilogues to EP so much, I really missed them.
I have seen rumors about a sequel. Anyone know something about that? Also, as I was reading this I thought: How cool would it be to see a movie of this story!? Right!? (Careful Suzan. You’re starting to sound like Jessica… LOL)Anyway onto more important things:Tonise
– You know, I have actually been thinking about what would happen if something happens to one of us. It’s such a weird thing to think we wouldn’t even know. We’d just never hear anything anymore… I don’t really have a solution either besides fb. Wow, congratulations on the success of the fundraiser! I think it’s fantastic that you get involved in all these types of things! I’m happy to hear your mom and uncle are doing well. All those medical problems must be really stressful, especially with you in the hospital as well! That’s no good! I hope you feel better soon and that you get to go on your beach trip. Sounds like you need and deserved it!Lynne
– I’ll have to schedule in some time soon to start reading your fanfic. It sounds great! Could you maybe post the link again or put it in your siggy? O, nevermind. Found the link and put you on author’s alert.
Happy 6th birthday to Little Man!! And I wholeheartedly agree about Summit’s handling of the ComicCon clips! They can’t honestly expect the whole world to fly out to San Diego for them… Caryn
– Thanks for posting all the ComicCon goodies! There was so much, I could barely keep up. LOL at the kissyface edit!
Thanks for posting the links to the sneak peak videos on fb by the way. The download links on muchshare worked for me. I’ll go over to fb later to see what you all think of them. I do have to say that I sincerely hope there is more to the first scene than they showed. It feels so rushed. While there are parts I absolutely LOVED (Robwards face as Bella squeezes him too tight?! Priceless!), I missed soooo much compared to the book. I simply refuse to believe this is all. And if it is… Let’s just say the rest of the movie must be pretty damn perfect to make up for it. I’d walk out of the theater if I wasn’t such a sucker for this series and I wouldn’t want to miss one minute of it. You did a wonderful job decorating the new home despite of the migraine. Hope you’re feeling better by now.Sean
– Your work actually sounds like a lot of fun; just reading and playing games all day long.
But I can see how that can become frustrating. I hope you’ll get a bit more to do soon. Thanks for posting the link to Kristen’s new photoshoot! She looks gorgeous as always! Too bad they’re tagged though. I borrowed one for Stewart Sunday. I love close-ups of her. Kristen does close-ups like no-one else! Tracy
– Yes! The EW interview is so frustrating. I’ve been agonizing over that last part ever since I read it. It’s like: Kristen, you can not
say stuff like that and expect us to wait until November!! I want to know what they’re talking about!
Nope, I saw Meet Joe Black, though the Benjamin Button movie is really good as well. It’s funny how I don’t see myself as a huge fan of Brad - at least nowhere near my level of Robsession - but I love his movies.
Shrinking pictures: You can do it in all sorts of picture editing programs, but right now I just use photobucket. Upload and save your picture there. Move over it in your album so the little menu pops up. Click edit
. It might take a while to load, but once you’re there click adjustment
below the picture. Make sure Keep proportions
is on or your picture will get distorted. Enter the desired width or height (the other should change automatically if you adjust one). I use 630x470 as a maximum to make sure it gets accepted on the Lex. Once you’re done, click apply
, save (left above picture) and enjoy!Marielle
– I hope you’re feeling a little better right now than last week. At least the upcoming weather should cheer you up a little. I’m so glad the rain seems to be gone for a while. My internship is going well, thanks for asking. I feel like the project isn’t going fast enough though. Every time I think we’re ready to move on to the next experiment, my supervisor comes up with something else I need to test first. It’s becoming a bit frustrating, but I know I’ll move on to the really interesting stuff very soon, so it’s okay.
Yep, you guessed the movie right.
You’re right that Rob is unique and you can’t compare him to a lot of actors. I just think he has the potential to be as big as Brad or Leonardo DiCaprio or people like that, you know. They both started out as huge heartthrobs, but still choose the interesting roles and scripts instead of the obvious, cliché parts. And I feel like Rob is doing the same, although maybe a bit more in the indie circuit. I don’t really know Gary Oldman aside from his role in HP, so I can’t really say too much about that comparison. I don’t find him all that sexy though… But you can’t argue about taste. Have fun at the festival! What kind of festival is it? (What kind of music?)Susie
– Of course we understand that you want to spent as much time with your family as possible right now. Hope you’re having a wonderful time! I haven’t seen anything about the cast being on Ellen. Did I miss that? I love her! Right now no, I don’t see my grandfather anymore. We haven’t really had big family gatherings in a long, long time. On birthdays for example, we always had to arrange for one part of the family to come in the morning, the other in the afternoon and another in the evening. All because of divorces and arguments etc. I do hope they figure things out soon though, because it’s all just really awkward and frustrating. But anyways… I hope you had fun on your trip this weekend!Susan
– We had to reschedule the dinner with the new roommate again. It’s apparently a very busy time for all three of us. She seems to be doing really well lately with the smoking. I’ve only noticed the smell that one time so far. I can deal with it as long as she doesn’t go across the street to get something stronger to smoke. We live across from a coffeeshop. I’m sorry to say this, but that’s really disrespectful of your mom to smoke in your house even though you asked her not to. I’m sorry the kids are getting on your nerves. At least the weather should be better this week so you can send them outside to play. I hope you get the dishwasher fixed soon! That doesn’t sound good at all.Ann Marie
– I’m so sorry you’re feeling that bad! Just remember you got the chance to meet all these lovely ladies! Not every one of us was lucky enough to have that chance. And we’re all here for you whenever you need us. Can you talk to your boyfriend and best friend about how you feel and ask them to maybe spend some more time with you? I’m sure they’d understand if you have an honest conversation with them. :hugs:
I don’t know how much I will be online this week. I have a going-away party for a friend on Tuesday. She’s going to Denmark for a year. I’m so jealous of all these people around me traveling the world while I’m stuck here. At least it makes me even more determined to go abroad too. Then I’m having dinner and going swimming with my roommate on Wednesday. And Thursday will be another cocktail party with the department I’m doing the internship at. Some of the coworkers were really bummed they couldn’t be there last time, so we’re doing it again. We’re not doing the workshop though; it’s just going to be at Uni, making your own drinks. Anyways, it’s going to be a busy week, but I hope I can stop by once or twice. That’s about all. Going to clean my room now. Bye!