Hey siblings! Is it Friday yet? Seeing BD 2 three times this weekend has honestly left me a little stressed. It's still not easy watching that scene and even Edward's "thank you" to Carlisle makes the look on his face during the final almost more excruciating to see. The shock!
Still leaves me breathless.
I wasn’t completely sure I would get to go to my 3rd viewing until after work yesterday. Tried all day long to figure out how I could work it out. The youngest came up with his mother and stayed the night with us, so I met him and the husband at a restaurant to eat and then he and I rode to the theater. I’m sure the husband appreciated a few hours to himself at home. I’m used to being there before anyone gets home so it was probably a nice change of pace. Although I got home about 15 min before my usual bedtime and that means no rest for the weary. That's why I stayed up and posted on here. I have trouble sleeping normally and take Rx every night, but normally I take it at 9 so by 11 or so, I'm ready to sleep.
Both boys will be at their mother’s for the rest of the week so the husband and I will get some time alone. First time in since summer, but I’m not going to complain. This time next year we could have one in the Navy and the other may still be at his mom’s…he’s still struggling with it. He hates it down there and said that he realizes now he only moved so she wouldn’t feel alone. We originally told him that he has to finish out the school year but as many times as he's called crying, we told him yesterday that if he wanted to move back during Christmas break, like before New Years, he'd have to convince his mother. I'm not sure at all he'll be able to convince her or even talk to her about it. I was hoping by now, he'd be alright but he seems to be getting worse.
I didn’t see “The Host” trailer at either theater. I was sort of surprised at that, but I saw it on YouTube. I’ll admit that after reading Twilight Saga it was difficult to get into this book. If I’m being honest, it was difficult to read any story after that for a while. I had to read them all four back to back twice through before I could even stand to pick up something else and before I read the first one, I was in the middle of another series that I still haven’t gone back to…The trailer made it look like a movie I would really like, so I may have to read it again too.
There were several other trailers that looked promising, so here’s my upcoming movie reviews:
” absolutely! I loved the original! It had a lot of big names, though the acting seems a bit cheesy now; Patrick Swayze, C. Thomas Howell, Jennifer Grey, Charlie Sheen, Lea Thompson. I think they may have been waiting on a country to use that would not only be believable for the use of technology and warfare, but also where we didn’t have an embassy. It’s unlikely that N. Korea will ever see this movie but then again, I thought the same thing about the Soviet Union.
I remember having a foreign exchange student at our school from Minsk my senior year and this movie was on. It was difficult to explain the entire concept to her, but really opened my eyes to how good we have it here. There was an entire busload of students that all came to NC to attend our schools for two weeks. It was an experience I will never forget. The girl at our school, Nastia, cried when my parents and I took her to the grocery store. And then I cried when she told me it had been 3 years since she had seen a banana. We bought her all kinds of stuff to take home with her, and at that time there were long bread lines in Russia. I’m about to cry right now thinking about it. I’ve never known hunger or cold like that. Of the times that I have “suffered”, the majority was my own stubborn ego, not because of shortages. Sometimes I had to choose whether to put gas in my car or eat lunch and most of the time, I would forgo the food but it was never because there I didn't have any option. I was too proud to ask my parents for help when I moved out at 19 and bound and determined to make it on my own. Boy, was I stupid...
Anyway, I think “Red Dawn
” will be good!
” another absolutely! This looked to be the story of the wizard and his adventures in Oz long before Dorothy set out on the yellow brick road. The CGI and everything looked amazing!
”, I’m in on that too. While I didn’t see Orlando in the trailer, I was glad they had so many returning characters. It makes it seem like coming home.
” probably a yes, but may not go to the theater for it. I can’t believe how old Marisa Tomei looked in this trailer. But then, I guess she is in her late 40’s. You can definitely tell she hasn’t had any work done! Sad thing when those are the ones you notice. Billy Crystal and Bette Midler
Did anyone else in the US see the commercial or whatever with the dolphin and Megan Fox? Wth was that?
Is it a movie, was it really just a computer commercial? Any thoughts? Caryn
it the tent from Eclipse at the bonfire that made you giggle? All the posts are shuffled now and I can’t find your answer. Desiree
– I don’t think Ness can change Jake into a hybrid. Ness isn’t venomous since the book says she bites Jake all the time. Nahuel was the one to change his aunt but says his sisters are not venomous either. It seems like Carlisle mentions that maybe it’s only the male hybrids. Plus, I think they also mentioned that the venom is poison to the wolves and will kill them. Seems redundant though doesn’t it because it kills humans too but, I think it was meant that it wouldn’t transform them into something it would just literally kill them. Jaclyn
– I missed the sparkle too. I mentioned that about the first part as well. I mean, true you don’t want sparkling vampires at a wedding (wouldn’t that have been spectacular to see though!) but on a tropical island? Come on…little sparkle for the fans wouldn’t have hurt.Sean
– I hate for you not to see the movie and here we’re all talking about it. I’d be willing to buy you a gift card to use for two tickets if you could find a way. Hell, if I lived close enough, I’d even swing by and drive you myself. I know what you mean about going to theaters. There’s always someone talking, sitting in front of me (unless I go to the big theater with stadium seating) so I have to lean the whole time to see around them, pulls out their cell phone so the light distracts me or sits right next to me and smells like gym sock. I’m not big on crowds or people in general. I’d much rather be at home with the DVD or Blu-Ray, so I can pause and have a break when necessary. I all but stopped going to the theater for many years because it kills my knees and back to sit for so long. But as I told Susan, when you go to a Twilight movie, you are never without friends and are never alone. Even sitting right next to a complete stranger, I didn’t feel strange at all when she started talking to me and even grabbed my arm once. She apologized when everyone caught their breath later, but I didn’t care. It was a natural reaction to reach out and had I not been holding onto the edge of my seat probably would have done the same thing. Sarah
– I read MS several times simply to get a better feel of Edward in my mind. It does explain that fight though it ends right before the meadow scene. If SM isn’t going to finish it, then I didn’t see any harm in reading what she posted. I didn’t come to the Twi-verse until the first movie was out. I’d heard about it but the oldest told me he hadn’t read it because it was a “chick thing”. I was in the middle of another series at the time and didn’t get to it. I absolutely loved MS though. That is the movie I want to see! There was a video on YouTube, may still be, that someone did a 6 part series using the words from MS and pictures/scenes from Twilight. It was amazing! If you get a chance to read it, please do! And if you’re interested, the YouTube name was darksoulvamp. If you do read it, you'll need to watch Robert's performance in Twilight again. He tries very hard to put all of Edward's emotions and conflictions into the role so much so that I think they had to tell him to lighten up. I think because once he's admitted he's in love with her, he's almost giddy.
The fight he has with Jasper and Rosalie after he saves Bella is because they are trying to convince him it’s necessary to kill her. Rosalie doesn’t want to move again and Alice tells him that she doesn’t think he can leave now. That’s actually when everyone realizes that he’s falling for her, including himself. Read the line that corona (Austin) has under his post. That’s from MS and explains some, what Alice knew before anyone else.
The husband and the boys didn’t think twice about Jacob and Ness…either they didn’t think about it or just assumed that there was some way it would work. Maybe they thought that scene was only about 8 years later and Jacob wouldn’t really have changed all that much but Ness would be full grown by then. Of course, E & B wouldn’t have changed either… Maybe they think the general public and non-readers will just think she'll be full grown in 6 1/2 more years so it wouldn't be that far in the future. Ness asks Bella if they will all be together now and she answers yes, then Alice has a vision of them, just a few years later and they are all together, unchanged and happy. Tracy
- I especially liked that they showed more of him for the love scenes. For the honeymoon, they showed her eyes, her lips…but that was all about Bella having a human honeymoon. I think for the cottage love scenes they were trying to make it more about her focus is on him and her new vision of him.
, it’ll all be okay DearHeart! We're all going through withdrawals. It does feel sort of desolate and like everyone is moving on at times, but I’m still explaining stuff to the husband and boys since they leave all that “research” up to me. I know that when the DVD’s come out I’ll be back on here to check what everyone else can get. We still have the FB page and here, if they leave the Lex up. Rob’s bound to do more spectacular things in the future so Rob’s Halfway House
can’t just disappear. Guess that’s why we aren't Edward’s HH
…and they’ve been discussing all the other projects these actors are involved with throughout the saga so I think it could continue for a while.
How was your test?Austin
– I think the moments that Bella showed Edward were the defining moments of their relationship progression. There is only one moment like that in EC that I can think of that would/should have made the memory list, but it was a much bigger deal for some of us and for Edward than it was for Bella. That’s the proposal. I can understand why SM would leave that out since Bella didn’t think of that as a milestone but more of a formality. Maybe there's another reason...
It sounds like your wife was truly testing you at least on Aro’s name. The youngest overheard someone at his school yesterday talking about the movie so when I asked if he would have time for us to go see it he said, “Someone at school already ruined it for me. I know Carmichael dies.” I’m searching through my mind for who he could possibly be talking about and did I mention to him we were going to see BD part 2. Maybe he’s thinking of another movie altogether. I didn’t want him thinking we’re going to see something else and be disappointed. It finally hit me who he was talking about and then I couldn't even correct him because I couldn't tell him anything!!Marielle
– hope you’re feeling better. It was so late when I got home last night I only had time to post my comment about the hybrid thing. I haven’t seen anything about Rob’s new movie. Where did you find that? Tracy
- I agree with you about the every member of the family having a bigger role. Instead of focusing on one or the other, they were all there with their input. Of course, this is the first addition to the family since Emmett so I can see why they’d all want to be there for the “firsts” of most of that stuff. Garret was one of my favorites in the book and Lee Pace just nailed it. “The red coats are coming…” Everyone cracked up at that…
I especially liked MyAnna’s line when she and Kate are blinded. “Gimme my sight back”. That’s exactly how I pictured her saying it!
Nice to meet you Sandy
All the funny moments are what made them seem more comfortable in their characters to me. OH! I can’t wait to see the extended and/or deleted scenes…*crosses fingers* BC won’t disappoint a second time! I want to see all of it. Deleted scenes, extended scenes, even bloopers or gag reels for both Part 1 & 2. I thought the “journey” and the wedding video was great for the first one, but come on…we want to see when those goofball moments. Especially during the honeymoon!
On Marcus’ comment, maybe I’m over-thinking it but he seemingly said it more quietly directly to Aro rather than directing it towards the group gathered there. He didn’t even seem to be telling Caius but rather pointing it out to Aro. He doesn’t speak often on any subject so this seemed to be a remarkable concept for him to comment on. Especially because no one other than Aro, Edward and Alice knew what we all just witnessed as a possible outcome. Lynn
– That was in the book!?! Uh oh…another read coming up shortly. I haven’t quite finished with the last fanfic I’m reading but it hasn’t gotten to that part yet. I’ll look it up later.
Got to get back to work now. Talk to ya'll later.