Love the smiles!
I’ve been meaning to come back sooner, although I guess four days is a lot better then two weeks already.
It’s just that I’ve been really upset the last few days. I had a “getting-to-know-you” interview sort of thing for the SBB program I want to start in February. (For those of you who don’t know or don’t remember; it stands for Science Based Business. It’s a specialisation for my master’s degree.) It turned out to be more of a job interview! And the lady there basically told me that I would never find a job in business. I can take the course, they can’t technically refuse students. But according to them it would be completely useless. All because I’m more of an observer than a person domination the discussion. It got me really upset. Telling me I can’t do something just because I’m a little shier than most people… That really ticks me off. Who the hell are you to tell me I can’t do something based on one conversation!? And being shy doesn’t mean I have nothing to say. I make myself heard when I need to! I just like to think and take my time forming an opinion instead of jumping headlong into the heat of a discussion. Ugh! I could make this into a three-page rant, but I won’t. I’ve calmed down since the conversation and I know I can do this. It’s what I want to be doing and I’ve never been this sure about it. I’m not about to waste away doing some job I’m not happy with just because she says I can’t do what I want. There. I’ve been battling my shyness since I was about 12. I’ve come a long way since then and I’m still improving every day. It may not always seem that way in my personal life, but when it comes to school and work; I do pretty alright for myself. Just yesterday, I was demonstrating a practicum on the “Open Day” for high school kids who are considering doing my study. I’ve never talked so much to so many strangers in one day in my life and I actually had a blast! It was so much fun answering all of their questions about the study and the university. I was pretty proud of myself at the end of the day for doing so well! Anyways… I’ve talked about myself enough. On to the posts!Lynne
– There’s actually a movie coming out about zombies? Haha, that’s so funny! Have to go look for it later. Thanks!Sean
– Referring to the LAX situation: Maybe the airport has no control over what people do outside the doors of the building. That’s a public area (I’m assuming), they can’t forbid people to take pictures there. As far as I’ve seen the pictures are always of celebrities walking from the airport to the car or vice versa or pictures taken through the windows of the building. Granted, I don’t go looking for that kind of stuff, so I don’t know that much about it. But that’s what it seems like to me. As long as they’re inside the airport security can help them, but as soon as they step outside, they’re on their own. It’s definitely a sad and completely nuts situation though. Susie
– Seems like your book is really coming along. Can’t wait to read it. Keep up the good work! Your HumpDay gif… About did me in!
Have you been to the concert already? How is your daughter doing in Argentina? Marielle
and me actually talked about possibly getting together in Februari or after. No definite plans or anything. But it would be fantastic if you and Jaclyn
and Ann Marie
) could come for a little HHHcon!Lynne
– Ugh, I hate blood tests. One time I had to go in for an allergy test and they took eight vials. Eight! It was horrible having the needle in that long. I’m glad your dog is alright again.Marielle
– What a funny dream! If only that could happen in real life… I actually had a HH dream last week, but that one wouldn’t be helpful in real life at all. I dreamed that Caryn
had her own little shoe store and she was showing me around. One wall had all her official school class photos and Tonise
was in all of them. They were best friend all throughout their school years. And then she showed me a really cool seat that could elevate you to the top shelves…
Totally random. LOL
I wish I was almost done! No, my internship is over in January. Then in February I will start SBB. Starting next week until May I will be doing a course every Thursday evening. And after that I still need at least one more course and a six-month internship. I’ll be done hopefully somewhere between January and July 2014.
That certainly is quite a huge situation to have to deal with. I hope you figure everything out soon and can have some peace of mind again. Moving into a new home should be a fun experience!Susan
– I hope your husband is feeling better. Is it one of your kids’ birthday? Hope it’s a fun party.Tracy
– Did you finish the painting? It sounds like you’re really satisfied with the results of all your hard labour. Oh, the iPad one is brilliant! Those are exactly all the reasons why I don’t need an IPad, haha. I always tell people those exact things when they ask why I don’t want one. My answers to your questions:~What type of car did Edward and Bella drive in BD Part 2?
It’s the same one as in part 1, the new type Volvo S60 I believe. Finally the right model, but now the color is wrong. *eyeroll*~Is Nessie able to jump high because of her hybrid strength and speed?
Yep, although admittedly it looks a lot like a flying superman, haha.~During Charlie and Bella's reunion scene, when Charlie initially but briefly breaks away from Bella during their hug, was he responding to the unusually cold temperature of her skin?
Never even noticed that! I remembered being peeved that he didn’t have any reaction to being that close to a vampire, even if it is his daughter. Must. Go. See. It. Again!~What song is the human in New Orleans singing just before Garrett attacks him? I'm guessing it's a Beatles song in light of Emmett's and Garrett's jokes about the Second British invasion.
Dunno. But then The Beatles were a little before my time…~Do Renesmee's (or Mackenzie Foy's) hands look disproportionately large when she touches someone's face to convey her thoughts, or is it just me?
I agree with the others here that it only was really noticeable with the baby.~Who are the two other nomads (male and female) shown standing near Peter and Charlotte?
Ow, I knew this… I thought they were Mary and Randall. I totally cheated and looked them up on The Lex blog page.~What small item/statue did Alistair pick up when he was talking with Bella while she packed Ness's backpack?
No idea! Must. Go. See. It. Again!~I've always assumed that Sue knows "everything" because of her history with the wolves....she had to know about the impending confrontation with the Volturi to understand the importance of why she must get Charlie to leave town. True, or not true?
Yep, she became an elder after Harry died.~What was the inscription in the locket Bella gave to Renesmee? Was it "more than my own life," or something similar? “Plus que ma proper vie.”
It’s French. You translated it exactly right.~Does Tanya have a special gift, or was she simply dramatically ripping Caius' face apart with her bare hands while Kate shocked him?
No, she doesn’t have a special power. That was all vampire strength and one of the most gruesome parts of the battle. On my first viewing I couldn’t even look when I realized what she was about to do… Can’t believe that got a PG13 rating. *shudders*Tonise
– I’m so sorry you’re sick. Hope you feel better soon. Lots of rest!Brenda
– Oh, WfE Rob! My favourite! Well, actually it’s kinda hard to pick a favourite, but WfE Rob is definitely somewhere at the top of the list. I think I have to go watch the Fallon video again… I didn’t even notice the moment you’re referring to. Too mesmerized by Rob giving himself a shower and his fascinating wet hair… *stares off in distance*Caryn
– Very interesting theory about the fire. I thought he wasn’t actually touching the fire. There was still a small space visible between his fingers and the flames. That was my theory. But yours sounds much more plausible. I like Amanda
’s explanation too.Have to go to bed now. It’s getting quite late… Sorry to everyone I missed. See you next time! Bye!