Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

Marielle - I love it when you come bearing gifts! I'm not sure what the weather is like in Adelaide at the moment, but we're getting rain from Cyclone Oswald at the moment. It's supposed to rain all weekend. And it's Australia Day tomorrow, too! That's when we celebrate the founding of this country.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hey folks,

Thought I would swing by & say hi :)

We are off work tomorrow, as we are going away for a weekend with my parents & their friends for my dad's birthday. Will be nice to get away. It is also the birthday of Robert Burns (the Scottish poet tomorrow), so we would normally have "haggis, neeps & tatties" (a Burns Supper) for tea, but not this year, as we will be eating out. I had haggis for lunch today though! Yum! ;)

Anyway, just a couple of comments:

Sarah - Cool! We are only on the first season just now, but so far, it's pretty funny. What season are they on just now?

GINNIE! Not sure if you will see this, but hello there! We miss you! Hope everything is going ok :)

Desiree - The UK normally just gets 2 options: the regular DVD, or the special features one. We don't normally get as many choices of special ones that you get in the US.

Lynne - Glad LittleMan enjoyed Star Wars!
Sorry that something is up with your boss. I hope everything is ok soon.

Marielle - I am off tomorrow too! Will be nice to have a long weekend.
My bf likes the Big Bang Theory too, but I guess he doesn't get some of the jokes that way I do LOL. So I think you may be right ;)

Well, I'm gonna head now. Enjoy your weekend everyone :)
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Not a great day for my be any stretch of the imagination. 9:00, I had to thaw the pipes in the kitchen, then at 11:30, I found out our car wouldn't start, and about a half hour later, I had to call off work because of that. On top of that, it turns out that our car has either a blown head gasket or a cracked/split cylinder head. So we have to use an old Jeep to get around--and there's things on it that are in questionable health, too.

So I slept in until about 15 minutes ago. I'm tired of the cold, of stuff not working, and if it wasn't for me sleeping, I'd have been pretty annoyed all day, too. I just wish that this godforsaken week would end and I can just throw it away in favor of a good one, or even a decent one.

After the non-day that I had, I think that I'm gonna try and at least make a night of it. Yesterday after work, I got some mashed potato things that have their own gravy mix. Only negative point is that I don't really have any meat to go with them, but hopefully things will settle down and I can get some chicken breasts. And yes, I still have that tiny turkey, but I'm not gonna fight with thawing that thing out tonight. Weekend project maybe?

I just hope that Friday is better than today became.

Oh, and I should mention that if you've seen some stuff called Fresh 4 or something like that, I don't recommend it, unless you're a fan of how cough syrup tastes--that stuff is loaded with menthol because it's supposed to be a breath freshener and a flavored water drink. Only when I mix Gatorade in does it become tolerable.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Well, I've pretty much finished my last day alone with Little Man for the holidays! We have a long weekend for Australia Day this weekend, but Hubby will be with us now up until when school starts on Tuesday. I'm really pleased that I've managed the holidays pretty well, with no day where I just didn't know what to do with him.

By the way, my publisher is taking pre-orders for my book and will mail it anywhere in the world for free, but only for pre-orders. I've put the link here in case you want to check it out.

Jaclyn - hope you enjoy your weekend. Hm, not sure haggis would be to my taste, but to each her own!

Sean - thawing pipes is a really alien concept to someone who lives in a subtropical climate. The weather can really cause trouble sometimes, can't it?
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone :)

Hope everyone is doing well. Today was abusy day- worked both jobs and did a bit of house work as well so I'm tired :) glad I have the weekend off to study with nothing but a dr appt tomorrow..I really want to work on getting the house organized and get some major studying done.

Jaclyn-Season six is currently airing so you have a lot to watch and keep enjoying! Enjoy your weekend away!

Lynne-cool! I will check that out :) glad LM enjoyed Star Wars :) hope all is okay with your boss!

Hi Ginnie and Desiree!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey everybody!!!

Not up for a long post today...
so what did I do with my free day... not much...
I helped my mom book a holiday for the four of us... so in May I'll be enjoying the sun...and I booked a holiday for Garfield so that he can stay in a cat hotel with a good friend of mine....

anyway, just dropping big to send you all over to Robsessed... there are some splendid new Rob pics there

:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Happy Friday, Everyone!

Sorry I've been gone this week - I changed my email on my Lexicon profile and since then I'm not getting notifications even though I have notifications checked. Hmm. Anyway - I've also been distracted by the return of Sonny Boy from his choir tour in the UK. He had a fabulous time and even pocket dialed Jaclyn and Suzan!! :lol:

I'm still writing away - trying to do a little every day except that I missed 3 days this week. So again, even when I'm not here posting, I'm thinking of you! Sorry I can't respond to you all right now since I've only skimmed through your posts.
I did, however, see many positive responses to my idea of having an HH Valentine's e-party. HOORAY! :clap: I'll organize it and make sure to let everyone over on facebook know that it will be happening. We need to invite Alphie too!

Just one response - Jaclyn - Let it be known that I would love to join you for a Burns Supper, anytime of the year. I LOVE Haggis, neeps and tatties!

Have a great weekend!

I love you all!
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Did I hear someone mention Valentine's Day?? Here's my early contribution. ;-)

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

This morning we're going to see some friends who have just had a new baby. I'm hoping they can help me out with a venue for my book launch, too. The husband is the pastor of a church, and they have a hall they hire out. I'm hoping they don't charge too much. This is one of the problems with going to a house church - no buildings to hire!

Anyway, it's Australia Day here today, and not many people will be having barbecues (Australia Day's traditional activity). This is mainly because ex-Cyclone Oswald is dropping about i0 inches of rain this weekend. It's pretty wet, but we needed the rain.

marielle - I'm glad you enjoyed your free day, even if it was a quiet one.

Susie - keep writing! I'm glad Sonny Boy enjoyed his trip.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

OK, I had a much, much better day today aside from godawful weather that made me 5-6 minutes late for work. I couldn't believe how bad the roads were.

Anyways, I had a great day at work aside from that, and I feel like I accomplished something.

And I can't not just forget to tell you guys this, as it's a Twilight item and I've been neglecting looking for that stuff recently. I hope that this sort of makes up for it: At Walmart, they're already starting to stock Valentine's Day stuff, and guess what I found: A BD2 theme candy tin featuring Bella, Edward, and Jacob (eww, I know) on it, and it comes with a Cullen family crest necklace. I don't know who makes it or how much it cost. But if I had a GF who liked Twilight, I'd get it for her if I had the money (which won't be until next Friday, when I get my SS check and a paycheck). Just something that I'd let you all know about and be on the look out for if any of you like stuff like that.

As for me, I'll try and work on fan fic tonight and tomorrow. I know where I want to go for Chapter 5. And I don't know how much I'll watch of it, but the Daytona 24 Hour race is on this weekend. I'll doubtlessly watch some of it, but Grand Am/NASCAR doesn't hold my interest, unless NASCAR does some road racing of their own, as it's a bit of a novelty.

But I'll mostly be working on fan fic and maybe playing some WWII and motorsports related video games this weekend. I doubt that I'll get chapter 5 done this weekend, but I should at least get a good start on it.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/