May I please get an excused absence for yesterday, please??
I was gone because I went to a Twilight mini-marathon viewing party at my friends house. We watched the first three and will watch BD1 as part of the double feature with BD2 on Thursday at the theatre. It was just three of us since the other lady had an out of town funeral to attend. Anyway - we had a fabulous time. -popcorn, theatre candy, pizza, libations. My friend has a large house (cause she's as old as I am, except with more money) and her basement has a large flat screen and theatre chairs, a bar, a fireplace, a table for board games - hey! We played the Twilight board game! I didn't get home until 2am! So anyway, since my absence was Twilight related, am I excused? I do want to think I'm still keeping my promise.
- I think we should remain spoiler free - but for not too long. How about until opening weekend is over? Thanks for asking. It's nice to see you on the thread!Sarah
- You know, it's fun reading your posts because it reminds me of when I was first married, before kids. I remember having time on my hands and my husband not having time on his hands because he was working full time - I was part time. I usually used the extra time for cooking. I recommend this. The way to a man's heart is..... and also YOUKNOWWHAT. Brenda
- Since I deal with students similar to your mom, I know just how much of a success story she is! I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? Desiree
- Welcome back! It's so good to see you. Yes, Twilight holds a special place in my heart too. I want to be here at the Lex for the next few weeks as we experience the last movie together. Are you going to the opening show?Tracy
- Looks like it wasn't your fault at all - the multiple posts. I loved all your various emoticons, though. I really did giggle a little! I'm starting to get excited for Thursday now. I really hope people come back to the Lex. As I was watching Eclipse last night, I thought fondly of all our Lexing during that movie and felt sad that facebook as diminished our involvement on the Lex.
- I missed the storm because it was while I was watching Eclipse in my friend's basement. Now it's literally freezing out. You'll be getting that next. I figure you're one day away from us on weather.
- Oh No! You must feel terrible about what Harry did. Oh, the challenges of being a dog owner. Dogs will be dogs.Songbird
- Thanks for writing about your political evolution. The more you learn about the world, the more progressive your views become, don't you think? I mean, Anthropology, Sociology, etc. I love that Obama's mom was an Anthropologist - that was initially a big selling point for me. Regarding gay rights - if only people in non-urban areas actually knew openly gay people as individuals, as real friends, they'd understand better. If we could think of a way to make that happen, that would do wonders to change the hearts and minds. My son's best friend has two moms and they are very family oriented - one mom is a teacher the other is an architect. I know them well and think there's nothing strange. So much of it is exposure and comfort level. Yes. The Christian Left movement is growing - tolerance and acceptance of all God's children, as well as helping those less fortunate.
I hope you all had a great weekend!
See you tomorrow!