Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Little Man's fair went really well yesterday. He had a great time and the weather was fantastic. There are photos on Facebook if you want to see. I got to hold a beautiful Wedged Tailed Eagle, but I couldn't hold it for long. It was very heavy!

Today we've got some around the house stuff to do and a special church event this afternoon.

Sarah - packing is such a pain, isn't it? It's when you find out how much stuff you've accumulated over the years.

Sean - I've given you the story of my dealings with it on Facebook.

Songbird - I buy 100 copies of the book from Rochelle initially. This helps support her, and gives me stock that I can sell myself when I go around doing my promotions. Of my 100 copies of The Heir, I've sold 43 and given away 5. I'm glad Shasta loved The Heir. I'm not sure how many pre-orders I've got yet for The Crown. I don't think it's as many as The Heir, so far, at least. Some of my friends are having cash flow problems at the moment and can't order it yet.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I feel like I'm obsessed with the movie Pitch Perfect...watching it again for the third time this week :D

Had my last Saturday shift today, I'm switching to cleaning instead of the store, I'm pretty stoked. It'll be sad to leave some people but I'm stoked to have a 'real' job now ;)

The cat and dog are finally getting along..they can be in the same room together now for a small period of time..she's still concerned about his size though.

Lynne-it's crazy because we just moved last summer and I've been getting rid of TONS of stuff over the past few weeks, even before I knew we were moving..and it's just ridiculous. I didn't realize you had to pre-pay for your copies of your books!

Song-thanks! It's a lot of work, but we're excited. A two bedroom duplex with a garage :D
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Yesterday was kinda a slow, humdrum day. Didn't really do too much yesterday. I'm still waiting to consult with my brother about the Open Office stuff--he's the computer expert at my house. Or I can try and ask some of my friends at work if they use it, and I know of one who does. I know that Lynne tried to help me out yesterday, but I'm for damn sure no computer expert, and I hardly know a friggin' thing about them aside from how to use the internet, email, and buying things on Amazon or eBay, and I've hardly done any of the latter as far as on line purchasing recently.

As for today, I have some shows to watch later this evening and I have plans for a possible pork chop dinner, too. Aside from that, I don't have much special planned, and I'm hoping to get to sleep early because I have to get up a little earlier this week, because I had my pick up times for work moved up 15 minutes because I was nearly late for work a couple of times last week because of road closures and such (I'm using the taxi service to get me to and often from work to save on gas money--until Friday, I'll be broke!).

And as far as the Twilight DVD box set, I already posted my comments, but I do think that it's a dumbass move by Summit/Lionsgate to continue to gouge the fandom as opposed to trying to move ahead and try and build up their profits with future projects. They can only leech off the fandom for so long before they run out of ideas for tapping into that money vein. However, it wasn't unexpected, because they know that fans will pay for new content and special items. That said, they certainly can't do that forever; they're gonna run out of ideas and implementations for this stuff some time.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm off to work for Rochelle today. I spent a lot of time yesterday working on two new book trailers, one for each book that's still to come. I'll be showing them to her today and I hope they're okay, because a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into them!

Sarah - it's amazing how quickly stuff can accumulate!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a pretty decent day at work today. Decent, aside from the fact that I felt pretty sick most of the time I was there. I'm better now, but not 100%

I did catch Top Gear tonight, and Hugh Jackman was on the "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" segment. And that was pretty entertaining. But then again, the rest of the episode showed two things: one, that an all-electric Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG cost so much you can buy a normal SLS and enough fuel to drive it a quarter of a million miles to the moon. In spite of that, the electric SLS, even with it's short range, is a remarkable performer.

Second thing that was demonstrated, is that you wouldn't want James, Jeremy and Richard to try and make a hovercraft out of a Ford Transit van. That also demonstrated why hovercrafts have gone out of fashion--they're noisy, don't have brakes or any real ability to stop, are a pain to steer, and their's couldn't go far, on account of it's thrust and lift engines making a total of over 600 hp, and a two gallon fuel tank. Hovercraft are def. best left to the professionals.

But as far as my feeling sick earlier, I don't know what it was, whether it was the weather or not getting as much sleep as I wanted, but it's taking me a while to get over it.

I don't have very many plans for the rest of tonight. Mostly watch the re-air or Top Gear and get some stuff looked up. My brother said that he'll look up the Open Office stuff tonight, and hopefully I'll be back to writing fan fic soon. I might get a hole of a copy of the Twilight Saga Guide to brush up on a few things and to give me more influences on my story.

I'll be back later
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey everybody.

I'm sorry I have been gone a few days.
This weekend we had the Zwarte Cross Festival, which was awesome but really tiring... not to mention it took up the whole weekend.
Sunday we went to pick up the kittens...
They are really cute and funny but both suffer from ADHD... the only bad thing is that the female doesn't want to have anything to do with the male...
The Male's name is James and I wanted to name the female Lily but my bf doesn't like that name... however the relationship between the two cats is exactly like Lily and James's. Lily doesn't like his boldness and craziness but slowly it's getting better. James is really patience with her and just ignores her or watch her from a distance.

anyway, that's my busy life right now. not to mention that there is an other festival weekend coming...

I'll stop by when I'm less tired to make a proper post.

See you!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey everyone!

I bit the bullet at the shopping centre yesterday and asked both bookstores if I could do book signings. One said I had to contact head office (I have emailed them), the other said yes, although they also said that I should have a big banner done to advertise my books. So I'm going to do that. I've found one for $80, which isn't too bad. Hopefully I'll be able to get it done fairly quickly.

Rochelle was telling me yesterday that I should also be calling schools to try and get in there to talk to the high school students. Just another thing I have to do! I'm starting to get a little tired of all this stuff. None of it seems to make any difference. The guy in the bookstore asked me how sales were going. The fact is, I have no idea. I'm too afraid to ask.

marielle - your kittens look so cute! I saw them on Facebook. Hopefully, they will start to get along with each other soon.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Everyone!

I'm back from my vacation on the North Shore of Lake Superior. It was great to get away with my girlfriend, but the weather was unseasonably cool, more like October weather! Minus the fall leaves. Oh well. I still had a good time.

Sonny Boy is in Tech/Dress rehearsals for his circus show "Oz" which opens on Friday night. It will run for 3 weekends - 20 shows. This is his 5th summer show, and he says it's his last - he wants to retire. It's really a huge commitment for the entire year, and he's been doing circus for 10 years (he'll be 20 in August).

Sonny is doing the following aerial acts:
Mexican Cloud Swing, Trio Ropes, Spanish Web, and Silks.

Now on to what you all have been up to:

Lynne - Yes, that does sound like a lot of work to market your book. I guess you just have to cover all of your bases. Try to enjoy it. You're building your base right now. Hang in there.

Marielle
- Your kitties are so darned cute! Do they let you sleep through the night?

Sean
- I hope you are feeling better now. Try to get a good night's sleep every night if you can. It's strange that a taxi would be cheaper than gas.

Sarah
- You ARE busy now! Moving is such a hassle. It's great that you'll be by your parents. Quitting Saturdays? But still working weekdays? I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up.

Song - I know just how you feel re Bug missing out because she was sick. That is all so fresh in my mind. Now my kids rarely get sick. So try to think of all of these instances of illness as building up their resistance for later in life. Yeah, you can get a really cheap disposable phone to use while you're in the U.S.Let me know and I'll give you my number. Regarding cold readers, I sent you an email. I assume you meant that I would pick your brain, not the other way around?

I'll try to be back tomorrow for Hump Day.

Bye!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a decent day at work today. But the day as a whole felt off. Hell, this whole month has felt off and odd to me between work schedules, weather, and other things that I've had to adjust to. It's getting to the end of the month and and the weirdness is just lightening up.

At least I get some money Thursday, though I don't know if I'll be getting groceries and stuff like that Thurs or Friday, when I get my paycheck. I know that day I'll be heading to the Library near where I work.

And tonight sometime, my brother will install Open Office after he looks up a few things about it. I asked the person at work who recommended it to me, and she says that MS Word might not be 100% compatible with it, but copying and pasting should work. I hope that the version my brother installs has MS Word file compatibility. This means that if I get bored enough or end up in the mood, I'll be writing tonight or tomorrow night. Finally, I'll be getting a chapter of Bio-Booster Armor Twilight finished soon! :)

I'll be back later :)

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone :) I'm dragging myself in here and I realized I completely forgot about Stewart Sundays..oh well, I will do better :)

Today was my last day the store..now I can stop working two jobs and only work one and be a normal person again! I have been so exhausted lately! I found our we're not moving until mid-August so it gives me some more time to pack!

I just finished re-reading the Hunger Games and hope to move onto Catching Fire soon. I got all excited about the series again after I saw the latest trailer..it's going to be so awesome :D

Still working on BD as well and haven't had time to sit and watch the extended edition yet. Hopefully this weekend!

Susie-I didn't realize your son did circus! How exciting! How'd he get into that? I'd be willing to read more if you need more feedback (I promise I have time now! ;) ). As far as my job goes, I quit Hallmark and am just cleaning houses now. My friend needs help every day now and it was getting too hard to juggle both. So no more weekends or evenings :D

Marielle-your kittens are so cute! How are you liking them so far? I'm realizing that Katniss is definitely a snuggle bug! As I write this she's cuddled next to me and is even getting along better with the dog.

Lynne-yeah, it's crazy how much we have..even after I did a thorough cleaning. My parents want to have a yard sale so I'm hoping to sell some stuff there. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with the Heir...:/ Hang in there!