Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm working for Rochelle today, so I'm hoping that goes really well. I've been feeling very worn out lately. Don't know why. Maybe I need a holiday. If so, I've got just over a month to wait. We're going to Melbourne for five days a week before Christmas. I'm really looking forward to it!

Songbird - I'm so glad that the show was such a success. I get nervous at a book signing because there's always pressure to sell the copies and I have to try and engage in conversation with customers to try and convince them to buy, something I am definitely not good at! This isn't like a book signing when you're famous. People don't line up to get you to sign the books. You have to convince them to even look in your direction and begging is not unheard of. It's really hard. No, they haven't changed the meeting. It's still going ahead. *sigh*
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

<drags self in and collapses>

The wedding was a success!! The bride and groom where still dancing the night away when we left at 11 :) I gave a toast that wasn't exactly planned but the bride, my BFF Holly, said it was beautiful because she knows how shy I am! I've known her since I was 12, so I just wanted to say a few words..rarely do you get to watch a love story happen over ten years (they were high school sweethearts that broke up for a while and got back together for real two years ago) :)

My dress fit, barely, but my wedding corset did wonders! I have small marks on my ribs for being shoved in it so long, but it was worth it. I've spent today sleeping and watching football with Jason. Tomorrow, I get to go see Ender's Game with my Dad after work :) I read the book in high school and loved it, so I'm really curious to see how this is going to be! I'm a bit bugged that people are slamming the author on his conservative views (he said that there is no gay character in the movie because he didn't feel there needed to be..and people got angry...may I remind them that this book was written nearly 30 years ago!?)..anyway...

Song-I'm so glad it went so well!!! I can relate on the feet issue-I wore wedges all day yesterday :D

Lynne-good luck, don't be nervous :) I bet that your book signings are a lot different than the ones I'm used to going to...but remember, they all started where you did! Do you have family in Melbourne or do you go just to get away?
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a decent day today. I didn't do too much, but I didn't get to sleep until about 3:00 in the afternoon. I'll be staying up most of the night now tending the fire.

Hopefully I can get some plans for some stuff settled this week. This is also my last week at work until I start my new job; my leave will start on Friday.

Other than that, I don't have too much to report on.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a pretty good day so far today. I'll probably try and work on fan fic later on, and talk with one of my friends about an outing that we hope to do later this week.

And guess what? It's supposed to snow tonight. They're predicting 1-2 inches of snow, provided that it sticks to the ground. Yeah, winter's coming. I wish that we only had two seasons: spring and fall. Summer is way to hot and stormy, and winter is way to cold and dark. But that's just my opinion.

I have a doctor's appointment after work tomorrow. And this is my last week before I take my temporary leave from work. Hopefully tomorrow I'll find out some more about when my new job is supposed to be opening up.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

This morning when I was out shopping I went into the bookstore where I am supposed to be doing the signing on Saturday. They said, 'Were we supposed to be ordering copies or were you bringing them?'
'You were supposed to be ordering them.'
'Oh. Well, we'd better get on to that!'
So now they're supposed to be ringing me to let me know whether or not they are able to get the copies in time for Saturday. While I do have some copies I can take with me, they like a very high rate of discount and if I give them that, then I will make nothing. So I'd rather they got the copies through the distributor, if they can get them by Saturday. *sigh*. I'd sent two emails giving them all these details, but I hadn't received a reply. Last time I went there my emails were answered and everything was fine. This does not help with the overall stress of a book signing!

Sarah - I'm so glad that the wedding went well! You'll have to let me know how Ender's Game is. Are people really slamming him because there's no gay character? I don't have a gay character in mine ... although Letz comes close! We do have some family in Melbourne, and my hubby used to live there, so we are also going to catch up with some of his old friends.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a good day at work, though I felt like crap physically and I'm now on a new prescription for my diabetes stuff. I'll try and pick that up tomorrow and get some other stuff, too. I also might have an outing tomorrow or Thursday.

Other than that, I haven't been up to too much today. I still kinda feel like crap, but I have to try and stick it out until about 3-4 this morning so my brother can get some sleep.

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi all. I am kind of lonely. Hubs is in Germany for work until tomorrow evening. But at least I have some bonding time with the kids.

Lynne, I see. I can understand that. I don't think I would like having to push my art on people either...books, music, paintings...I wouldn't feel comfortable.
It sounds like the book store is maybe a bit disorganized?

Sarah, I'm glad the wedding went well! And it's nice that you gave a little toast.
How was Ender's Game? I don't understand why people get so upset over what someone else wrote in their story or didn't write. Deaths, ok, because you get attached to characters. But to get upset because there isn't a certain kind of person in a storyline...that makes no sense! I'm all for gay rights, and I'm glad that it's beginning to be an accepted part of pop culture, but not EVERY story has to have a gay character, any more than it HAS to have a love triangle, or it HAS to have teenagers or it HAS to have whatever. It's the story the author writes. If it doesn't speak to you, don't read it. But it might speak to someone else, and there's no need get angry because the author didn't write what YOU wanted them to write.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Well, the bookstore's supposed to have copies of my books now, so the signing will be going ahead on Saturday. Whew! Today I'm doing lots of runaround stuff. Hopefully I'll get everything done. I've actually got a couple of private editing jobs too, and then I'm trying to do nanowrimo as well. I'm busy!

Songbird - I hope Hubs comes back quickly for you. Yeah, I think the bookstore lost track. They were on the ball last time, but not this time, it seems. Never mind.

Sarah - I've seen the latest trailer of Divergent and now I'm wondering if I should see it. It looks good, as does Theo James! ;) Maybe I could just forget about the ending of Allegiant for a few hours ... I really enjoyed Divergent.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Not a heck of a lot going on in my world, just busy with work and now attempting to get the house in order (again...) it's never in order since I clean all day, I never want to come home and do it :)

I'm working on re-reading Mockingjay, still easing myself back into fiction land after the murderous event known as Allegiant..

Ender's Game was wonderful :D I read the book in high school (it was strangely a required read in AP English) and thought the movie followed it well. It was well done, had a cohesive storyline so that people who hadn't read the book could understand it and handled the sci-fi aspects well. It's really a coming of age story, I think. Sort of. If you liked Divergent then you'll like Ender's Game. The sequels continue to get weirder though, more sci-fi than I'm used to but they were still entertaining.

Song-yeah, it bugs me he's slammed for what he wrote/didn't write..and his personal views on the subjects. Just because they're not like the majority doesn't mean it's not a well written series. Again, he wrote the book in the early 1980s, before being gay was such a common thing and socially acceptable. But they shouldn't punish him because he's different politically...but I totally agree that deaths are completely different! I can't imagine if Stephanie had ended the series with Bella dying or something drastic like that.

Lynne-glad that the bookstore got their copies!!

I know, right?! The trailer absolutely KILLED me..I loved it with Theo James but then remembered the ending of Allegiant and all the various happenings (I can't remember, are we talking about the details here?) and got so sad again. I agree, it looks wonderful but..but..but..she ended it all wrong :D
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I feel kinda pretty much like crap right now. I might have food poisoning or the stomach flu. I don't feel like eating anything really, and I feel like throwing up even though I don't have really anything in my stomach at all.

I have to work for four hours tomorrow. Not long, I know, but between being sick and probably helping to train my replacement, I don't know how tomorrow will turn out. I just hope to end this week on sort of a high note, since the next two days will be my last days at work for a while. Aside from a couple of days (11/27 and 12/2), I have nothing scheduled as far as work related stuff until I start my new job--though I might ask to help out on the 25th because the main receptionist is off that day.

Other than that, I don't have much planned tonight, but over the past 24 hours I've felt pretty horrible. Hopefully I'll at least be feeling better tomorrow after work so I can run some errands, go to breakfast with a friend on Friday, and have my last day at work for a while. If it weren't for trying to give my brothers some time to sleep--one of which also isn't feeling well--I'd probably still be in bed.

I'll be back later.