Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm still waiting for the HQ pics from Audi Sport to be posted at an Audi fan site. It's cold and pretty dark here right now.

Also, we're supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow tonight, so I don't know how that'll impact my going to work tomorrow. Then it's supposed to be ultra cold for my outing on Tuesday.

As for tonight, I'll probably be taking a nap soon, getting my electric blanket ready, and finish looking up some stuff later tonight.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

It's raining! I'm supposed to be taking the dog for a walk, but we need the rain badly, so I can't complain. Yesterday was much cooler than Sunday, thank goodness, and today I only have grocery shopping to do. And my parents now have a functioning phone! The internet isn't working yet, but that should be done by this evening ... hopefully.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm still depressed and not feeling well. I think that once again my medication is wearing off and it's not doing enough to keep me from feeling like crap. All I've done since I went to sleep last night was get up for about an hour, go back to bed, cry myself to sleep, and I only got back up about an hour ago.

I do have an outing tomorrow, and I do have a doctors appointment tomorrow, and I'm going to ask for help with my issue. I'm starting to really think that I have SAD, which probably explains why I'm not feeling well at all this winter, and about every other winter before it. But I'm tired of feeling like crap and feeling like how I feel is poisoning a lot of the stuff that I usually enjoy.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hi there!

My parents' internet is on and working. Yippee! They should have their cable TV working today too, so everything should be back to normal.

I'm doing some editing for Rochelle today. It's the third book in a series and I've enjoyed to other two so hopefully this one will be good as well.

Sean - :hug: Hope you're feeling better soon.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had my appointment today, and my dosage of Paxil got upped. This does tend to happen every time when it gets really cold and dark. I generally hate winter. Only really good thing about it is that the race season is over, which for sportscar racing runs from November to April, and the Holiday feasts. But outside of that, winter tends to be pretty dreary for me.

I started to get really depressed when I got sick last week. From then on, it just got worse until Sunday night/Monday. And I'm only slowly getting better, though I hope that my medication change helps.

I don't really plan on doing much tonight aside from looking up some stuff and going to bed later on.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm going to see Mockingjay Pt 1 in a few hours. It will be interesting to see how much they add and where they cut it. I hope it's good.

We had a quite a storm here yesterday. There was flash flooding throughout most of the city. Our flood-proofing helped up to a point, although the water still came up to the house. At least it didn't come in it.

That's all for now!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a much better day today. Only issue was nagging heartburn--something I ate obviously. Got a lot done, though it was only one file--it was huge and the person who prepped it made some mistakes, but it was mostly just a huge file that had to be scanned and checked.

Only big news from today is that 9-time Le Mans winner and current Audi Sport WEC driver Tom Kristensen announced that he'll be retiring from full time racing at the end of the month after the WEC season finale in Brazil. He'll remain active in the team as an Audi brand ambassador and team adviser.

https://www.audi-motorsport.info/v2/pub ... le/id/9570

http://www.tomkristensen.com/en/news/20 ... or-racing/

Other than that, not too much has happened. I'll be looking up some stuff and probably making some chicken bacon ranch pasta salad.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I saw Mockingjay yesterday. Here is my brief review, with no spoilers: I thought it was a bit slow in places (not surprising when they're trying to stretch a reasonably short book into two movies) but still enjoyable. They almost ended it where I thought they were going to end it. From what I remember of the book, it was also quite accurate, although it's been a while since I've read it.

Here is my review with spoilers: I've just returned from seeing Mockingjay Pt 1. I thought it was a bit slow in places (not surprising when they're trying to stretch a reasonably short book into two movies) but still enjoyable. They almost ended it where I thought they were going to end it. I thought they'd end it with Peeta's hands around Katniss' neck, but they resolved that, at least, and stepped a scene beyond it to a new one with President Coin.
From what I remember of the book, it was also quite accurate, although it's been a while since I've read it. They moved a few things around, though. I'm pretty sure Finnick's recounting of his story happened earlier in the book?? (When they were visiting District 12, if I remember correctly). If that's the case, I thought their decision to use it to cover up their rescue of Peeta and the others was a good one but it made the ending seem a trifle anti-climactic for me. And it did feel stretched out. When they had her singing The Hanging Tree song I remember thinking it was getting a little slow. And as is often the problem with splitting a book into two, it felt largely unresolved throughout, as there was no real resolution to anything.

I'm working for our business today then I will be trying to work out what I'm going to do for a seminar I'm doing in a school in a couple of weeks.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a pretty good day today, and I'm planning on just having a night now of looking up some Audi gallery stuff after I wake back up from a nap.

I've been feeling better over the past couple of days and though I'm unsure of what I'll be having for dinner tonight, I'm edging towards tempura chicken with french fries after I wake up.

I have work tomorrow and I get my pay from work tomorrow, too, so that means some shopping tomorrow after I get home.

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I'm looking forward to this weekend as we're going to see Mockingjay! I'm excited but hoping they won't show too much of Peeta being tortured, it'll be so sad!

This work week has been good, with our new person starting and doing extremely well! It's such a relief to have help as we're coming into the busy season. I've had more time to hang out with my parents and take care of their rambunctious puppy while they're busy.

Lynne-thanks for hiding your opinions ;)