Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

My meeting went well today, and I'm honestly thinking of going back to work at my old job for a while, even if only a couple of days a week, just to have something to do until my new job opens up, which though the equipment is about to be delivered, it's still not known exactly when my new job will open up.

I think about that a day or two and I'll let those in charge know about it when I come to a decision.

Other than that, I don't have much to comment on yet. Though I do now believe that the "riot" that happened Sunday night while I was watching BD2 probably was overblown--sounds more like a bar room brawl than a full blown riot. Still, sort of glad that I don't live in the city when stuff like that happens.

I have plans on working on fan fic and finishing something up later on, though I don't know when yet.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm taking Little Man to the railway museum today. We'll make a day of it. They have fairly large grounds, so we will have a picnic lunch. I just wish I liked trains ...

Sarah - he has a week and a half left. It's going to be hard the day he goes back. I'm already anticipating tears. I wrote all three of my books in 2010-2011, so it has taken a while to get to this point.

Songbird - I was glad to see on FB that your BIL is doing a little better. The edits for The Reign are going okay. It is with its last editor now. It will be interesting to see what she says, as she hasn't edited one of my books before.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I haven't been up to too much so far today. I'm hoping to be working on fan fic soon and I finished off my PC game this morning, and I'm waiting to see what the issue is with an un-lockable item on it.

I'll also probably be making a couple of phone calls today. One to a co-worked asking about a meeting Friday, and one to my boss asking about coming back into work soon--I'll probably be working only 2 days a week, but it's better than nothing and will hopefully hold me over until I start my new job.

Other than that, I don't have a lot more to say for right now.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

So happy I'm going to get to see one of my friends here that I haven't seen in more than a year. She has had a REALLY tough year and wasn't able to make it to any of the birthday parties in our group of friends, but this Sunday there's another birthday party and she's coming, so I will finally get to see her.

Lynne, do you not have the same editors for each book? Is that done purposely to see if someone who hasn't read the first two can follow the 3rd anyway?
How was the railway museum?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Little Man really enjoyed the train museum yesterday. I had a pretty good time too. He didn't get bored or make a fuss, which was good. Today I am taking him to one of those indoor play centres with a couple of his friends from school. I like this idea, because they serve coffee/tea and treats to the adults. :) It will be a good chance to catch up with the mothers of his friends.

Songbird - I'm glad you have the opportunity to see your friend. Hopefully that means things are improving for her. Yes, the other two editors for The Reign are the same as people who edited the first two, but the third is someone else who Rochelle really wanted to try. She had a lot of experience in this area and Rochelle wants to see if she suggests anything different from the other two.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Issues with my PC game have been resolved and now I'm about ready to start working on my fan fiction for a while. I don't know how much I'll get done, but I hope to get at least something more done than I've been able to for a while now.

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hey everyone! I am super proud of Bug. They are doing testing, which is a national thing and they get compared to all the kids in the nation, which I can't say I'm really a fan of because some kids don't test well and it only measures certain abilities and not everyone is good at those abilities. But Bug did her math test and got the highest score in her class...she is trying SO hard and doing so well. 2 years ago she was the lowest scorer and now she's the highest. Last year she scored in the top 10% nationally, so she's just doing so well. I just worry that she puts too much pressure on herself because she really gets upset if she makes mistakes and even though we tell her we'll be proud of her even if she makes a mistake, she insists that she isn't good enough if she makes a mistake. I love that she's motivated to work hard, but I don't want her to be such a perfectionist like I am that she can't handle failure.
I feel bad and frustrated. I took the umbrella's to school yesterday when I went to pick the kids up because it looked like it was going to rain. I came home and MM's was missing. I didn't feel or hear it fall, but it wasn't in the umbrella bucket and I know I had it when I went to the school. It was a brand new one that he got for Christmas and he LOVES it. I went right back to go get it and it was already gone. Which really upsets me. How could someone, within 5 minutes, claim it for themselves? I checked the lost and found at school...not there, which means someone must have seen it wherever it fell and took it home, and since the older kids hadn't gotten out yet, it had to be someone in one of the younger grades, who are almost always accompanied by a parent. Which means that someone's mom let them take something home that didn't belong to them. As a mom, I wouldn't let my kids do that...that's practically stealing. Guess we'll be buying a new umbrella tomorrow when we go into town.

Lynne, I find the whole book editing process fascinating. Is that weird? I hope the new editor doesn't give you TOO much to redo!
How was the play center? That's what we're doing this weekend for the birthday party so all the kids can play together and we can have a chance to catch up without constantly having to be busy with the kids.
Yeah, my friend had some family problems this year, but the drama is over and I'm so glad she's rejoining our group. She said she hadn't been joining us for get togethers because she was ashamed and didn't want to tell us what was going on. I feel so bad because if I'd known earlier, I would have been there for her. But I can be here for her now and I'm glad she's back because I've really missed her. She's the friend from our group that I feel the closest to, and her husband is the only one of the husbands I actually LIKE. One of them I don't mind, but he's not someone I can have a conversation with, and the other 2 are just strange. So this is the friend I just feel I have the most in common with and I can be more myself with.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

The play centre yesterday was great. They had (amongst other things) little cars that the kids could drive around a track. We bought our kids unlimited tokens and then had to make sure we dragged them off every once in a while so that other kids could have a go.
This place was new and they are a bit understaffed at the moment, so service was slow, but at least the staff kept in a good humour throughout. I would have been pulling my hair out if I had been them, considering how busy it was.
Today Little Man is spending the morning with his grandfather so that I can work for our business and catch up on a few things there.

Susan (I figured I may as well start calling you that here now, since all the other Susans don't come anymore) - I hope you have fun at your play centre. They do have varying degrees of quality so try another one if the first doesn't live up to your expectations. I'm glad Bug has show so much improvement in class. Sorry you lost MM's umbrella. Yes, it amazes me too, how quickly people will snatch up something without a thought for the person who lost it.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all :)

I've been extra tired this week, I'm not sure why, but really need to get up and straighten up the house a bit since we're having Jason's cousins over tomorrow night. He and his cousins used to hang out every Friday night and with all the life changes-moves, marriages, babies-they don't hang out nearly as much and once I realized their kids (five in total) can entertain themselves at our house while the adults get to socialize, I wanted to bring back the tradition since I love hanging out with the cousins' wives. It's always nice to hang out with other married friends! Sometimes when I'm with my single girlfriends, they don't understand about issues I face being married :)

Other than that, not much going on, we had dinner with my parents last night which is always fun, and we watched Despicable Me 2 :)

Lynne-a week and a half isn't too bad left, it sounds like you're doing well finding things to entertain him! I loved play centres growing up :)

Song-Yay about Bug but sorry about your umbrella. How rude is that :( Sounds super frustrating!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

It's Saturday here, and Little Man has a birthday party to go to this afternoon. It's for one of Rochelle's children. She's having a mermaid and pirate party and Little Man and I had fun putting a custume together. i'm looking forward to it too! Other than that, it's going to be a quiet weekend.

Sarah - yes, it's good when the kids get to that age, isn't it? Hubby and I are hoping to have more people around for dinner this year now that just about everyone we know has kids of that age where they can play while we talk.