Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone,

Today was one of those rare days where we only had one client due to a cancellation so it practically felt like a day off :) I got to spend time with a friend and look for Valentine's Day ideas for Jason..it's sneaking up on us fast :)

Found out from the vet today that if the special diet the kitty has doesn't work, she needs surgery and it's a lot more than I care to pay..but she's my sweet kitty girl so I know Jason won't object if we have to, it just worries me.

Lynne-glad that MM is doing well with school so far! I hope you get compensation from the electricity company, how crazy that it killed one of your computers!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi siblings!
Tomorrow is a day off of school! I really need the break! And it's nice because Bug has her musical theater class on Thursdays, which I never get to go along because she only has half an hour between getting out of school and the class starting, so she has to run to her friend's house and they bike together. MM's teacher is almost always at LEAST 5 or 10 minutes late letting them out, so there's no way I can wait for him AND get Bug to the musical theater class on time. And since MM can't ride a bike yet, we'd have to go by bus, which we'd never make on time because his teacher lets them out so late, and even if we DID make it, we'd still not make it to the class on time. So Bug goes with her friend while I stay at the school and wait for MM. So tomorrow I'll get to go and see what she does. I won't get to spend the whole time there, but I will hopefully get to see a couple of things at the end when I pick her up.
MM's swimming is going really well, too. 2 months in and he's in the middle level group. His teacher told me today that he's really doing well, his form is good. His only problem is that sometimes he has problems concentrating. But he showed me today how he could "dive" in and swim "under water" (they use flotation devices on their arms and around their waists, so they can't really go UNDER the water, but they keep their faces in the water so they aren't breathing...they have to be able to make it 3 meters for the first diploma and 7 meters for the second) and he made it far enough that he shouldn't have any trouble with at least the 3 meter mark that Bug had problems with when she got to that stage. And they didn't start diving until she already had her first diploma. This pool has already started them on the diving on their very first day and they are working on the underwater endurance so much sooner. I am really really so happy we made the choice to switch his lessons over. After 11 months of him not learning anything beyond floating, and that not even being proficient, this seems almost too good to be true for him to have made so much progress in 2 months. Hallelujah! With any luck, he'll be swimming for his first diploma before the summer...or at least before Christmas. (maybe I should knock on wood?) It took Bug more than 2 years to get her first diploma.
We went to the dentist this week and discovered Bug and I both have mouthfuls of cavities. I'm very nervous about getting them fixed as I have never had a cavity before and don't know what to expect in terms of pain, but have heard so many horror stories.
My BIL is still in the hospital and now they have found bacteria in the fluid that they have been removing. But they have identified the strain and can now give him the correct antibiotic to fight it. The bad news is that it's going to be at LEAST 10 days if not longer before he gets to go home.

Lynne, how did the first day back to school go for Little Man? Was he upset? My best friend's oldest daughter started today and apparently had a terrible day. Well...yesterday for you. She got busted and got demerits for her smock being too short, which is ridiculous since it was the school's tailor that did her measurements and sewed the smock. Then I guess they made her take her earrings out, even the new ones, which are just studs. No earrings at ALL, but they didn't tell her that and it's not in the handbook, so she got written up for that as well. And they didn't have a regular class schedule, it was more of an orientation day, so she didn't make any friends. Are all schools there so strict or is this kind of extreme?
I hadn't seen that about the electricity, but how awful!! I've never heard of that! What was wrong with it?
We used to celebrate Australia Day on the Harry Potter forum I was on because several of our members were from Oz. It was a really small forum...the entire forum was like just the half way house here a year or so ago when people posted every day. So we all knew each other and they taught us all about typical Australian things like Tim Tam Slams, Pavlova, Bangers, etc. and Sheilas?

Sarah, so sorry about your kitty!! I hope she gets better without the surgery. That must be really hard for you. When you are a parent, (of humans or animals) you always feel terrible when they are sick and you can't do anything to make them feel better. My kids have colds right now, and just hearing them coughing in their sleep makes me feel helpless and I just want to go cuddle them.
Yay for a bit of time off of work! That's nice every once in a while.

Sean, how are repairs going on the house? Do you know yet when you'll be able to go back home?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Some news on the house situation. We're hopeful that we'll all be able to go back home sometime next week. Hopefully the electricity will be turned back on tomorrow or soon after, and the actual fire damage can be quickly repaired afterward.

Other than that, I haven't been up to too much today. I have some stuff that I'd like to watch later tonight, and I'm planning on my own grocery shopping on Friday or Saturday, since I get my money from Social Security at around that time.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Really good news today: Our house's rewiring job passed inspection, so electricity should be turned back on soon. Once that happens, all the fire damage and such can be cleaned up and repaired.

Other than that, I haven't been up to much today. I do have to get up pretty early tomorrow so I can go to the bank and get groceries. But other than that, I don't have much planned as far as what I'm doing tonight.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Yesterday was so busy for me I forgot to post. I'm still playing catch up on all the things I put off while school holidays were on. I also had my haircut yesterday, which was nice, but it made everything very busy. I also need more petrol in the car, but finding it at a decent price is appallingly difficult. The price here is ridiculous at the moment.

I'm working for our business again this morning but I hope to get a few more things done this afternoon.

Sarah - yes he seems to be going well in school. I hope your cat doesn't need the surgery. Sometimes it can be difficult to justify, can't it, especially when it costs so much?

Susan - Little Man went okay, thankfully. He seems to be enjoying it, which is a relief. That school your friend's child goes to sounds waaaaaay extreme. I've never heard of anything like that. It must be some kind of really exclusive private school. Some of them might go that far, although I've never heard of anything that bad. And not putting things in the handbook and still demeriting them? That's ridiculous! Try not to worry about the cavities. I've had plenty. Some are worse than others, but some aren't too bad. Hopefully, yours will be okay.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all :)

Katniss (my kitty girl) seems to be doing okay..the vet said we can expect to see signs of the bladder stones while we wait for the special diet that apparently helps break up the stones to do it's work :)

I'm enjoying re-reading Eclipse this week which is relieving to me since you all know I've been struggling with reading!

This weekend is the Super Bowl and our Seattle Seahawks made it which is so exciting for everyone around here and it's been a fun thing to experience with Jason. He's so excited! Thankfully we're not going to a party, just going to watch it here with his Dad which we've done for almost every game this season.

Lynne-well, if she truly needs it, we'll do it and just put it on a credit card that we can get rewards from. It's a fixable situation and she's such a sweet cat that I don't think I could live with myself if we put her down over the cost of a minor surgery..it just surprised me with how much it would be to remove 3 bladder stones..from about $800-$1500!!! That's easily a huge chunk of our vacation budget :/

Glad MM is doing well at school :) How much is petrol at the moment?

Song-aww thanks so much for your sympathy with the kitty! She really doesn't seem to be in too much pain, just bugged she's not allowed to have any human food anymore. She learned how to beg from the dog ;) I just wish she'd stop peeing blood occasionally! It worries me.

Your friend's school sounds crazy :( So sorry!!

Cavities are annoying but I use a special sensitive tooth paste to help offset mine...they're not too bad though!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Though we had to wait for the bank to open (and had some breakfast at McDonalds while we waited), my mission to get groceries was a success.

I for sure have enough food to last me a week, and I do have some stuff on TV to watch tonight.

Other than that, its been as normal a day as it could be around here.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Little Man's first swimming lesson of the term is this morning. It will be interesting to see how he goes after a break of six weeks. Hopefully he'll be okay as the teacher does tend to push them a bit.

Other than that it's a quiet day today without much going on, except cooking some yummy treats for next week!

Sarah - yeah, it's a lot of money when a pet gets sick. When my last dog died, I was looking at a bill of about $750 if what she had was fixable. The best case scenario, money-wise, was if she was incurable, which turned out to be the case, as we discovered she had cancer. That meant I also had to pay about $350 for all the tests before they put her down. That was a very sad day for me.
At the moment petrol is 163.9 a litre. We don't do it by the gallon here. It's by the litre. A litre is a lot smaller than a gallon.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I got nothing. No news that I can think of off the top of my head...

Sean, that's great that the electricity stuff passed inspection! Fantastic news!

Lynne, yes, I think it is a pretty exclusive school. I know it's a private school...the way I understand it is that this school offers a curriculum that will be easier to transfer. My friend's husband is there working for 2-3 years and then he will be transferred to London. Also, this is a last ditch effort on my friend's part to make her marriage work. So if it doesn't, she will take the girls back to the states. Either way, they will need to transfer to a different country and this school will help them do it easily. But apparently the 2nd day was much better and she made some friends who invited her to the beach and then a sleepover. It fell through because the one girl hadn't asked her mom first, but at least J made some friends.
That's great that LM did ok at school. It must be a relief, especially to have that first day over with. Now he knows what to expect a bit more, too, and I expect that helps the nerves.
Gas prices are insane aren't they? We are paying 1.63 Euros per litre. I googled it and it says 2.51 Australian dollars per litre.

Sarah, which toothpaste do you use? I use sensodyne, which is also specially formulated for sensitive teeth and gums. My dentist recommended it to me a few years ago because I had problems with the area between 2 molars in particular. I wondered then if I had a cavity, but I didn't and he said it could be an exposed root or something...I would get a shooting pain when I would eat something sweet...mostly chocolate. But since I started using the sensodyne I haven't had as many problems, so I know it works.
Poor kitty! Do you give Rolph human food? It must be frustrating to see her fur sibling getting it and not be given any.
My home state (Wyoming) are all excited that the Broncos are in the super bowl. It's been DECADES since they had a decent team. People used to make fun of them all the time and call them the Denver Donkeys. Since we don't have our own team, Denver is the closest one, so everyone is super excited. Even my dad mentioned going to a game at the neighbor's a couple miles away from him, which is insane..I CAN NOT picture my father watching football. The image is hilarious!! I doubt he has ever seen a football game in his life. But he will probably not actually watch the game. IF he goes, which is a big if with my dad, (he'll wake up and decide he just really needs to go get the oil changed in the pick-up, or he'll sleep right through, or decide he needs to make some phone calls instead) he'll probably just sit on the couch and fall asleep.
Gas is insanely expensive...I know people in the US complain a lot about prices but everyone else pays WAY more. We pay $8.50 per gallon right now. I did the Math and Lynne's comes out to $5.27 per gallon. It's pretty crazy. That's why people over here are so crazy with bikes. It's sooooo much more expensive to drive over here...between the taxes you pay for OWNING a car (based on the weight of the car), the amount of money it costs to get a license (a few thousand with lessons, the test, etc...the test alone is a few hundred Euros.), and then the cost of gas, it's kind of a luxury. And because there isn't much space over here, parking spaces and roads are really narrow. I really took the wide open spaces of Wyoming for granted until I came over here. My car would not fit over here. I would never find a parking space big enough for it anywhere. When my in-laws came for our wedding, they had rented a compact and the dealer upgraded them for free when they found out why they were in the states. My FIL freaked out because it was SOOOO huge to him. He had never driven a car that large. And by our standards it was a rather normal sized car. SOOOOO funny.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Our little church is starting to meet again today after a bit of a hiatus, and what are we doing? Playing cricket. :roll: Never mind. We're also going to be discussing the things we are doing this year, so hopefully we'll have a plan for that by the end of the day.

Songbird - I'm glad your friend's daugther made some friends and I hope she can save her marriage. It's sad when it comes to that. So your petrol prices are worse than hours? I was starting to think we were the worst in the world, although I remember hearing that New Zealand was worse than us. I will be delighted the day a car that runs on a different form of fuel becomes widely used. I can't wait to get away from the fuel companies and the hold they have.