Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I've had a decent couple of days. I get paid today and that means errands. But other than that, I haven't been up to too much.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

It's the fair today and I'm already psyching myself up for it. It's never easy to stand at a stall all day. At least this time I have a couple of helpers who are going to be with me at various times. It will make it easier to have company.

We've got loads of books. There were more at the school yesterday but I told them to donate them to charity. I don't need any more. It would be nice to sell some of my own but I'm not counting on it. I'm going to put one of my bookmarks in every bag of books we sell so hopefully that will generate some flow-on sales.

Sarah - you're having a hot summer while we're having a cool winter. It's strange, isn't it? Yes, I love secondhand books too. It was a shame I couldn't find any I liked for me in this bunch.
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hello everyone!

(There is still uncertainty in the political and economical scenery here, but things seem to have calmed down a little bit.)

Yesterday I attended a book presentation – I’ve never been to one before! – and I must admit I felt a little bit “jealous” of the author. She said it was a dream of hers to publish her book (it’s her first) and that she was writing it for many years, depending on her moods. She would write pages after pages when she felt like it, and other times she would write only a paragraph. She seemed so happy! I tend to believe that writing a book is like giving birth to a child in a way– what do you think on that Lynne?

Oh, and I voted for the Twilight Stories after all! I believe I must be the last person to do so, because I realised 5 minutes before the procedure ended that we could also vote on tongal site. As I told you before my favourites were The Mary Alice Brandon File and Sunrise (yes Lynne, Sunrise is the one with Benjamin and Tia) but you could rate them all in a scale of 1 to 5.

Lynne, wow exciting news! I had no idea that you could write a screenplay! Is it an easy thing to do as compared to writing a book? And what a mess with your website. I can’t believe that there are people who wait for the domain names to expire and then buy them in order to sell them again! Dah! Who would think of that?

Sarah, I think I have seen this shop you mention while searching about Twilight – I think it was on trip advisor, maybe? The outside of the shop looked so beautiful (I remember Edward’s, Bella’s and Jacob’s shadows on the outer walls – if we are talking about the same shop).
I am glad you’re having fun with your sister and niece! I can imagine it's difficult to live away from the ones you love…

Sean, aren’t those two cars exactly the same???
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Happy weekend!

Today I was supposed to go to the Renaissance Faire with my friend and her boyfriend, as well as Jason would tag along, but she's been battling a cold all week so we opted to go a different weekend, as it lasts three weekends. I ended up yard sale-ing today with my Mom but didn't see any awesome Twilight finds today.

Lynne-how'd the book fair go? How weird they would try and send you out with more books, could they donate those to the school library instead? I like your idea of adding in the freebie bookmarks to try and get some sales! Glad you have some help, as it gets a little lonely by yourself!

Michelle-I'm so glad to hear things are settling down there, how scary. I forgot to vote for the Stories, did you find it weird with other people playing our beloved characters?

The shop you're thinking of was called Dazzled by Twilight and it was there in my trips to Forks in 2010 and 2011. I heard that the shop had either moved and/or closed down when the store front caught on fire a few years ago, I was so sad. Now it's been turned into a beautiful art center that I didn't tour the last time.

I did see a few of the 'Dazzled by Twilight' stuff in the Native to Twilight shop, so I wonder if the owners just moved the merchandise in there and expanded to carrying Native American stuff as well as Forks merch. It had a pretty big selection of cool stuff beyond the Saga.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there, everyone!

The school fair went pretty well yesterday, although it was exhausting. I didn't get a chance to walk around and see everything because my stall was so busy, but fortunately, we were next to the cupcake stall, so that wasn't so bad. :D I made over $400 for the school, so hopefully that will be a help. I also sold one copy of The Heir. I wasn't anticipating selling any, so that was good. I also talked to quite a few people about my books and everyone who bought a novel got one of my bookmarks to use in it, so hopefully that will lead to follow-on sales.

Today is a lot quieter, which is good, as I'm really tired!

Michelle - I'm glad things have calmed down a bit. I've been thinking about you and the situation over there. Hopefully things will be back to normal completely soon ... or maybe I should say better than they were! Yes, most writers feel like their books are their babies. It's one of the reasons being a professional editor is so tricky. People don't take kindly to the fact that you're poking holes in their babies, but if I don't do it, the public will when they read the book.
Writing the screenplay was actually quite tricky, as there's a VERY specific style you have to use. Fortunately, I found a book that laid it all out for me and I was able to follow that. I don't know if it will come to anything, but I hope so.

Sarah - glad you at least got to yard sale today. There were two full sets of Twilight books on my book stall yesterday, one with the Bree Tanner book, too! In fact, I had a lot of vampire books of all sorts. And one copy of Fifty Shades Darker.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Michelle: Nope, one was a sprint race spec car that Audi only ran at Silverstone in April. The other is the Le Mans spec car that Audi started racing in May, and in a slightly modified version, for the rest of the WEC season.

Hi everyone.

I ran some errands today and slept in for a while. I have a new curtain that will be going up in the kitchen and I also ordered a new anti-glare screen protector for my laptop. I'm hoping that both will solve some glare issues that I've been having while using my laptop.

Other than that, I haven't really been up to too much.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Today it's back to normal. We're trying to find a way to advertise my editing business on Facebook but Hubby is finally starting to realise how difficult it is to target something like that. We'll try and find a way. I really need some work!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I feel that I need to disclose something that's been happening over the past few days that at first freaked me out quite a bit.

On Tuesday, my grandma wasn't doing too well, and the doctor at one hospital ruled it out as far as being a stroke or dehydration. She wasn't getting any better during the day, so we took her to a different hospital. Long story short, she was having hallucinations and such, and it was finally determined that the main cause wasn't dehydration (though she had a touch of that), nor a stroke, but a urinary tract infection. In older people, UTIs can cause temporary hallucinations and metal instability/bizarre behavior until the infection clears up.

Of course, we had no idea of this until about Friday when my grandma's regular doctor became her primary care physician for her hospital stay. Grandma never complained of issues when she went to the bathroom so we didn't know exactly what was going on until then.

Thankfully, she's a lot better now and she'll be home fairly soon after she receives some physical therapy.

Also, there's this video of Liana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt5m9B7illU

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Just a quiet day today, although I do have to work out what to do with our leftover books from the weekend. I meant to do it yesterday but I forgot.

Sean - yes urinary problems can do that. My mother gets bladder infections every so often and my father can always tell when she has one as she become confused and can't think straight. It's nice to know it's not something more serious.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a great day at work yesterday aside from the fact that we're still having trouble getting our new scanning program to work right. At least I had the old program available so I could get work done.

I had pizza from this little place outside of town that was great, and if I was made of money, I'd have no problem cleaning out a farmer's market and a butcher shop that I also visited.

Today, I go on a hiking trip with a friend so I'm pretty happy right now.