Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Yesterday was VERY busy, but i got it all done. Little Man did so well at swimming. He was the only one in his group that was doing the correct technique. I was proud of him. Going to his swimming lesson, unfortunately, puts a big hole in my day. I still have that editing job to finish and I'm feeling so tired. Today I'm also going to try and buy a new barbecue for the school chaplain, who puts on a barbecue breakfast for the kids at Little Man's school once a week. I hope I can get a good one.

Sarah - which series are you reading? I'm sorry if you've already mentioned it. I've probably forgotten ...
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry for the late post, but I was up most of the day helping out with grandma while my father and little brother worked on cutting some wood. At least hopefully this winter stuff won't be lasting too much longer, but though it's supposed to be warm this weekend, just as soon it'll cool down below average again.

Here's a video of the new Audi R18 e-tron quattro and the Porsche 919 hybrid Le Mans cars testing at Sebring in Florida this week. No laser lights this time, but at least you can hear what the cars sound like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyM79Nq9cUA

I do have some plans for tomorrow--grocery and haircut stuff. Other than that, I have plans on taking a break later, making a pizza, and figuring out when to go to sleep, because I also took a nap around 3:00 this afternoon because of still not feeling well. But right now this is the best I've felt since I got back home, and I've caught up on almost everything at home.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I finally have time to sit and be here...we're watching Big Bang Theory and Katniss is asleep on my legs :)

I'm excited for the Catching Fire release tomorrow and for the weekend in general. I might end up working Saturday for my FIL though, depends how tired I am!

Lynne-how awesome of MM :) I'm reading a series called the Katie Weldon series, but it's an extension of the Christy Miller series. Christian YA fiction. I needed something easy and light to read for a while!

Song-I'm sorry about LM, but I'm glad you're getting him the help he needs! That's crazy about the grocery store though! Sales are kinda nuts like that, aren't they?
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Headed off today to get my new residency card so I can stay here and work legally. Then we're going out to eat with the whole family. Should be fun. This week has FLOWN by.

Lynne, I almost left the grocery store, but we had battled the crowds to get the stuff we wanted and I just decided it would be a waste to turn around and leave the cart sitting there, not to mention all the people wanting carts...I didn't want mine to just be sitting there while there were people trying to get ahold of one. So I decided to stick it out.
Good that LM is doing well with swimming! I hear you about it taking a big chunk out of the day. We have to go by bus and it takes over an hour to travel there, and the bus only goes every 30 mins, so we end up being there 30 minutes before the lesson because if we took the next bus, we'd be late. Then we either have to take the bus home or wait for hubs to come pick us up, so we're there for another 45 minutes to an hour AFTER the lesson, too. But it won't be forever. Hope you can get everything done and get some rest.

Sarah, do Jason's siblings not spend time with their dad?
Did you see Jimmy Fallon and some other stars doing "Let it Go" from Frozen on classroom instruments? You should look it up on Youtube if you haven't. Pretty funny.
Yep, it felt like Black Friday at the store...or at least how I imagine Black Friday feels. I've never been to the Black Friday sales. I did go to Walmart the first year they had their 4 hour sale on Black Friday, but it was pretty dead then. You had to get there at 6:00am and most people weren't up yet, so there were like...3 other people Walmart that morning and we had NO problem getting the things we had wanted. If I were in the states now, there's no way I'd battle those crowds on Black Friday unless I REALLY needed something and I would NOT bring my kids. This was pretty ridiculous and I don't think I'd do it again. Those kinds of deals bring out either the best or the worst in people, and I think in most cases it's the worst. Shoving little kids out of the way to get what they want, making small children carry heavy bags full of stuff (I saw one boy Bug's age in tears and struggling under the weight of a bag -I- would have found heavy), cutting in line, running over people's toes with carts or pushing into them. Craziness!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's Saturday, and thankfully, this weekend is quieter than the last one. We're back at swimming this morning, then we have some cooking to do this afternoon and a present to buy for a birthday party next weekend. Then we're going to my in-laws' for dinner on Sunday and we'll wash the cards during the day, and that's about it!

I finished the editing job I was working on, so that's good. I'll send it back to him as soon as he'd paid.

Sarah - yes, I used to sell the Christy series when I worked in a Christian bookstore many years ago. I never read them though. Sometimes I find those novels a bit vaccuous. I tried a few of Janette Oke's but I didn't think much of them. American Christian books often seem a little staid to me. Australian ones tend to be a bit edgier and more involved in the real world.

Susan - I don't have to go very far to swimming, admittedly. It's up at Little Man's school, which is within walking distance. But by the time I get there, get changed, get in the pool with the kids, swim with them, get out, go home, get changed and wash my towel and swimsuit a lot of time is gone that i could have spent working on something book-related, so it's hard.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I got my groceries, and a hair cut and I've done about everything that I wanted to do today.

I also caught the film Pink Floyd: The Wall last night before I went to sleep. Good rock opera, but because of it's dark and disturbing content, it's definitely not for everyone. Wonder if anyone here has seen it?

And tonight will be the first night in a while that we can let the stove burn out overnight to save some wood. And I swear, it was over 60 degrees outside when I ran my errands. I was comfortable being outside in a T-shirt. This weather won't last long, but at least it's a hopeful sign that spring will be here soon.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I haven't done too much so far today, but I was hoping to play a PC game that I haven't touched in a couple of months. I'll see how that goes because it has to update.

I'll try and find something on TV to watch later tonight because I want to try out my new pizza pan again. I'll also let you all know how that goes, too, because it's my first non-stick one.

Today is kinda gloomy and cool (though not cold by the standards set by this winter), and I'm thinking that between Audi testing at Sebring until today and the 12 Hours of Sebring being next week (regulations changes mean that Audi will be skipping the race this year), I'll try and watch You Tube videos of the last ALMS 12 Hours of Sebring from last year that Audi dominated.

Other than that, I don't really have a lot of plans today with doing stuff, now that most of the stuff at home has been caught up with.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I need to get some fruit and veggies today, wash the cars and then we're off to try and find Little Man a new booster seat, as he's nearly outgrown the one he has. Then we'll be going to my in-laws' place for dinner.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had one of the most productive days since I've been back home yesterday. Washed dishes, put stuff away, swept the floors, made a pizza, and watched part 1 of the 2013 12 Hours of Sebring.

I have plans for watching part 2 tonight and also getting back into a PC game that I tried yesterday. I had to wait for Steam to update it, but it was worth it.

Speaking of Sebring, here's the all time qualifying lap run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wjIQuKMdwI

And the final lap for 2013:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGFx2iQ01S8

The significance of this is that 2013 was the last 12 Hours of Sebring that Audi will vie for the overall win for the foreseeable future, since the LMP1 class isn't part of the IMSA TUSCC series. Audi still supports teams running R8 GT3 cars in the series, but aside from testing last week, the next time we'll see Audi or any other LMP1 team in North America will be for the Austin WEC race in September.

Other than that, I don't have too much planned right now. And hopefully by the end of this week, I'll be back to fan fic writing, and I might post something later as a hint to where that'll go as far as one of the main protagonists.

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Someday I'm going to have more time to spend around here! I do lurk almost every day, I just don't always feel like writing!

But anyway, I'm here now :) Last week was mostly filled with errands and trying to get the house in order. Jason's back is finally feeling better, so he's able to help more, but we hadn't done a nice thorough cleaning in weeks.

I bought Catching Fire on Friday, both for my iPod (for work-I listen to music and movies while I clean) and on DVD. Nice thing is that one of the local stores here was giving away a ton of stuff with purchase of it, which I thought was awesome, since I planned on buying it anyway.

I'm trying to take today to rest since I've been working six day weeks (just three hours at the tax office) and have been super busy all week so I'm finally watching movies :)

Lynne-I can see where you're coming from on that series. Personally, if you ever get the chance, I'd read the connecting series, Katie Weldon. She just wrote those in the last five years and Katie has a less than perfect background story than Christy's. I really love the fresh take on it!

Glad you finally finished that editing job, I know that was weighing on you. What's the age requirement for booster seats there? I know my grandma once reminded my Mom that I should've been in one until I hit 4'8, but I didn't reach that until like age 10! I'm only 5'ft!

Song-Well, the short story is that Jason's sister got away from the all the drama by moving to Alaska with her boyfriend (now husband), who was in the Army at the time. Now that Jason's Mom is no longer in their childhood home and has downsized to an apartment, the boys, who are 22 and 24 (I think), live with their Dad, Steve. And they don't do ANYTHING. They literally sit around, sleep, and play video games. There's a lot of tension between Jason and his sister and the two youngest ones because the oldest were pushed to go to college and both got jobs in high school. They messed up on the two younger ones, who basically leech off their Dad..sometimes the 24 year old, who is a bit 'special', works in the office, but only under duress. The 22 year old always has a random job of some sort, but nothing consistent.

It's always easier when they don't come with us to dinner because they don't get along and the 24 year old isn't a good communicator and is really rude and brash a lot of the time. He drives me crazy. Poor Jason, having to deal with all this :/

Wow..that sounds so intense! Pushing kids over?! That's awful. Poor kids! Bad parenting in action, huh? :/