Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Work was a bit chaotic but we made it through. I got off in time to head to the library and get two more of the Star Wars Shakesphere books and take Rolph to see my parents' puppy. Tonight has been quiet, just watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (is that just an American thing?) and relaxing.

Lynne-let me know what you think about Mockingjay!!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Saw Mockingjay yesterday and I loved it! I might not have liked it so much if I hadn't read the book first, because I was never sure the story resolved well, but because I knew how it went (and I thought the movie followed it pretty faithfully) I was okay with it. As with the other movies, I thought they were better than the books, as I never liked Suzanne Collins' style. So much more was communicated on film.
And I cried.

Sarah - I've seen Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown, but not the thanksgiving one. It's probably just for you Americans, as the rest of us don't celebrate it.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Well, it's Thanksgiving tomorrow, my birthday on Friday, and the Audi unveiling on Saturday.

So Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I probably won't post again until sometime tomorrow night due to Thanksgiving dinner. I only have to clean off the kitchen table and a couple of other things before tomorrow morning.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

It's the evening of a long weekend here and it's always a wonderful feeling, reminds me of being a kid again :) I opted not to bake my apple crumble until tomorrow since my parents ordered a turkey instead of cooking one. I don't blame them..it's a big job and there's always a lot of left overs :)

Lynne-thanks for clarifying, I didn't know if you had a version of Thanksgiving or not :) I think we call that A Charlie Brown Christmas here :) I'm SO glad you saw Mockingjay-I loved it!! And the end was just so perfect. Direct from book quotes and everything looked great..it was hard to watch a few of the death scenes though.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Happy Thanksgiving to all in the US!

Yesterday at work was a pretty busy day. I got a lot done, but not everything on my list of things to do (which keeps growing). I'm hoping to get more done today.

Sarah - Yes, I loved the end scene as well. I also was proud of myself, having only read the book once, knowing exactly what Peeta would say in the second last scene, when they're in the house, and what Katniss would respond.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I guess everyone's enjoying Thanksgiving.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Thanksgiving and Black Friday tend to blur together, with all the excitement and lack of sleep :D Thanksgiving went well, dinner was great, and we watched the Empire Strikes Back afterward. I ended up going to Best Buy that evening, despite not wanting to shop on Thanksgiving :/, as I'd found a gift for my Mom that they ran out of online. I came back to my parents and slept for a few hours before going out with my Mum and we had such a good time. Last year she wasn't feeling well enough to go, so this was a real treat. I came back and napped for a few hours before Jason and I had dinner with his Mum because his birthday is today.

I think we're doing lunch somewhere and probably going to watch something..he gets to pick, so whatever he wants to do :)

Lynne-Oh good for you :) I thought it was a sweet ending, though there were critics who said there wasn't enough romance between the two compared to TW. The two were such radically different series, ugh.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I had a book signing yesterday and sold six copies of The Heir and two each of the other two. This store also keeps stock of my book and it looks like they might have sold another copy and didn't tell me about it. The manager wasn't there yesterday, so I call him on Monday and ask.

We also found time to put the Christmas tree up last night. I was looking forward to doing it almost as much as I'm looking forward to Christmas!

Sarah - I thought there was enough romance, given the type of story it was, and I thought they did it well. Glad you had a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm not feeling too well right now and I'm probably going to lay down for a while.

But at least I got to see this today:

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 1990_o.jpg

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Back to work today. I have to do a big phone call with someone about marketing their book. It was something a girl who's no longer there set up and I'm really nervous about it, as I'm supposed to crap on for an hour about marketing, and most of the stuff she suggested I'm not overly familiar with. It's terrifying.

Hopefully, it will go well.