Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by missp »

:wave: Good morning, Siblings! I have been away for a lonnngggg time, I know! I just thought I'd step back in and check on everyone. I know we do most of our checking on FB these days, but I sure do miss our glory days here in the HH! *SIGH!*
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! It's Tonise! Great to see you! You should drop in more often and help us keep the place going. I'm determined not to let it fail.

I worked for Rochelle yesterday. She's just moved to a new location and we're having trouble getting the internet connected there, which made work a little frustrating! Fortunately, there was enough for me to do anyway.

In spite of the fact that there's a lot to do for the book launch, I'm taking time out to see Divergent today. If I don't do it today, it's not going to happen. I'll let you know what I think of it.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi siblings,
I'm feeling rotten this week. I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night because I woke up feeling really sick. Again. The kids have a 2 week vacation from school, so I can't really go back to bed, either. I think it's going to be a LONG day.
Hubs scared me to death on Monday. He had the day off for Easter and he took a bath and got the water too hot and passed out. He's on blood pressure meds and has lost 18 kilos (almost 40 pounds) in the last 6 months, which also lowered his blood pressure, so the heat lowered it even more and he fainted. But the doctor said he's fine, no concussion or bleeding or anything, which is a relief.

Tonise, so good to see you!!! How long has it been since you were here last??

Lynne, Yay! I will have to go order the book, thanks! How is Little Man doing now with school? Is he back to the routine?

Sarah, have a great trip!! Take lots of pictures!

Sean, glad you got the car back! Hope you can replace the filter in it without taking it to a garage. But hasn't it been at the garage for quite a while? How did they not notice that it needed a new oil filter??
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I've got some stuff I wanna look up this morning and then I'll work on some fan fic today.

I didn't really get to last night because I slept in until this morning. But I do have some really good ideas and such for my work.

I'm also really addicted to listening to a couple of Jane Child songs, namely "I Don't Wanna Fall In Love" and "Welcome to the Real World". They've given me some inspiration for my fan fic stuff.

I'll start looking some stuff up in a few minutes, then once that's done, it'll be time for fan fic stuff.

Songbird: My brothers noticed it when they drove down the road and the thing had no oil pressure, and there was a quarter mile long oil slick in the road. The gasket on the filter blew, and my younger brother has to change it later today. And it wasn't in a garage, it was at my father's house for a couple of weeks while he tried to fix the head gasket issue. Fortunately, we don't think we did much damage to the engine, but we won't know until the filter is changed and the oil refilled.

EDIT: New video of the Audi R18 LM and Audi R8 LMS GT3 testing at Monza in Italy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tdBNzq ... e=youtu.be

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
missp
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Y'all! It's been close to a year and a half at least since I was a regular in the HH. Right after the HH Con, I started the ordination process at EPIC (my church), and things got really crazy busy. Now, I am on medical leave from teaching for the rest of the school year, so I have some time to read posts. 8-)
Everybody have an awesome day!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi again.

The Pontiac's fine. Got a new filter and fresh oil. So that's OK now :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey all!

It's ANZAC Day here today. That's the day we in Australia remember those lost in our wars. It's because the first battle the ANZACs (the Australian and New Zealand Army Corp) fought in was on this day in World War I when they landed on a beach in Gallipoli. My great uncle died that day, 99 years ago. Little Man's school is participating in a march this morning, so we will be taking him in and marching with him.

I saw Divergent yesterday. I thought it was quite well done, although I spent most of the first bit, as we were introduced to the characters, saying to myself, 'Well, you don't last long, and you'll be dead by the end of the movie, and you die in the next one,' etc. Sort of spoils it a bit and it's difficult seeing the faces that go with the names of the characters who lose their lives.
I thought that most of the changes they put in were good ones, although I didn't like how aggressive the simulation version of Tobias was with Tris in her fear landscape. That wasn't why she was afraid in the book. In that, it was more about intimacy itself, rather than fear of him not treating her well, but other than that, it was well done, although the last few lines were a bit cheesy. I think they were preparing in case there wasn't a sequel, if the movie didn't do too well, and it came off a bit lame to me.

Susan - Wow, I'm glad your husband is okay! That would have been scary. I don't think you need to pay for The Reign. I'm pretty sure you get a freebie because your guess about what would happen in The Crown received the most 'likes' at its book launch, so just give me your address and I'll send you one, unless you want more than one, which would be nice! :)
missp

Post by missp »

HAPPY FRIDAY!! Just making a short appearance to say hello this morning! I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! 8-)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I didn't really get to work on fan fic last night, nor did I have my dinner. I was thinking about making a breakfast sandwich thing, but the toaster died this morning when I was trying to make some toast for my grandma. So my older brother will have to buy a new one later on.

We though that the Pontiac was fixed, but now it has extremely high oil pressure. Father thinks it's a bypass valve that got jammed open some how. That's probably what blew the gasket on the oil filter in the first place. So that means we're stuck with the Jeep until the Pontiac gets worked on, and my father will have to take my mother to work in the Ford pick up that he wants to rebuild the engine in.

I have a plan on working on some fan fic tonight--I do that stuff better at night--and look up some Audi stuff during the day. And I plan on having my chicken taco salad later on, too.

And here's a photo of the "long-tail" Le Mans spec Audi R18 in its racing colors on this page:

https://www.facebook.com/AudiSport

I'll be back later :)

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

The ANZAC Day march went well yesterday, although Little Man found it 'boring'. There are some pictures up on my Facebook page if you're interested. The weather was stunning and there were record crowds, although things are tipped to be even bigger next year, as it marks 100 years since the ANZAC soldiers landed at Gallipoli.

This time next week, the book launch for The Reign will be on! I am really nervous about this one, probably because being a joint launch with one of my father's books adds that little bit of pressure. Also, it's the last one I'm likely to have for a while. Also, after the launch, I really need to go back to promotion by visiting book clubs and doing signings, etc, and I really don't want to try and sell myself anymore. it's so hard.

Tonise - you have an awesome weekend too!