Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Off to the doctor for some tests this morning. Fun, fun, fun! Then I have some more editing work to do. I think we're doing well at my parents' place. The power's being turned off in our street for most of the day on Friday while they do some maintenance so we're hoping to finish off most of my parents' place then. They're having some of the house cleaned professionally today so it will be good to see it when it's done.

Sarah - Even though the ending of Remember Me is said, it's still worth watching. I'm glad you're having a relaxing weekend.

Sean - hope you enjoy your parents' company.

Michelle - Yes, Remember Me is sad, isn't it? Yes, I know that success is relative and can take a long time to come. Someone told me recently that any author rarely sees real success before their fifth release and I've only got three so far. We'll see what happens.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

In all honesty, I had a crappy weekend. I'm kinda angry and upset about several things. I'm stressing out about work and our kittens, I've been having sleep problems, and I've been bouncing back and forth between being happy and being depressed and anxious for about a month now.

I saw my doctor today and she put me on some new medication, but I can't really start them until I burn though what's left of my Celxia. I wish that I had something really positive to look forward to. I'm also stressing out about being lonely and not having a girlfriend or someone who I can go out and try and have some fun with and talk to and confide in and such. That for me is disappointing and depressing.

I hope that tomorrow is a better day, but I totally feel like crap right now.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hi there!

Sarah – I haven’t read "The fault in our stars" yet, nor have I watched the movie. But I intend to, at some point. It has a sad ending though, right?

Lynne – Three is so close to five! About how many copies are in each edition?

Sean - I am really sorry you feel that way. I can totally relate, because I had been through this hell for many years. And the truth is that even now, sometimes depression turns up, uninvited, and messes with my life.

What helped me: At first I visited a psychologist. She was a really good scientist, who would discuss with me my various issues and helped me see the world differently. But this part is tricky. Because after she moved out of town I could not find someone else who would be considerate, and caring and not greedy.

At that time I also started exercising. Mainly aerobic, such as running, walking, cross training listening concurrently to my favorite music (Stephenie's playlists help a lot!). Exercising is a key-point because of the serotonin secreted that magically makes you feel better!!

More recently “I discovered” Law Of Attraction. I don’t know how much religious you are, because I am not sure whether religion accepts LOA, but I consider it a separate thing, something that makes me feel good.
Here are some of the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCIV9HcEBmY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAM9lqLotBo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk2ImlzUELk

I hope you will feel better soon.
Keep your chin up Sean!

There is someone out there waiting for you! :)
Last edited by michelle on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Today I'm working for our business and getting a few things done that I would normally do on Friday, as they're doing some maintenance in our street on Friday and they're going to turn of the electricity for most of the day so we won't be able to do any work. We're hoping to spend much of Friday at my parents' place finishing everything we need to do there. We finally seem to be making progress with their house, although my mother's constant complaining about all the inconvenience is starting to wear a little thin.

Sean - I know how that feels. As I said on Facebook, the new meds might be just the thing to take the edge off what you're feeling. Sometimes it's difficult to find the right balance when it comes to medication.

Michelle - We had 1000 copies of The Heir printed and 500 copies each of the other two. I know I've sold over 500 (just) of The Heir but only about 300 of The Crown and not even 200 of The Reign. It's slow going now, as the initial busy phase that takes place when a book is first released is over. I'll have to fight for every additional sale I get. But I'm prepared to do that.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm a bit better today. I've appointed my baby Jade to be my therapy cat. There's also the set up for the WEC race in Austin this weekend.

And here's another journalist testing an Audi R18:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-8ylpMqAIs

I don't have much in the way of plans tonight other than looking up some stuff and getting some rest since I have a long day at work tomorrow.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

Who all saw the Mockingjay trailer?! I sincerely can't wait! Jason still needs to read the books but he said the trailer looks intense and I'm quite excited, though it'll be bleaker than the last two..I'm a bit anxious to see Peeta being tortured but it is fascinating to see District 13 finally.

I bought The Fault in Our Stars today, the special edition that includes the extended edition as well, which will be fun to see when I'm in the mood for it. I'll likely hook it up onto my phone and listen to it while I clean this week.

Lynne-I've got another scene written, thanks to what you said :) It's slowly coming together, piece by piece. I didn't realize your sales had been so frustrating to have sales since the books' releases :/

Michelle-it's quite good! It has a sad ending but it's incredibly witty and well written.
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hi everybody!

Lynne - when something is good and worthy, it will be discovered by everyone sooner or later... I remember reading Stephenie's posts on how difficult it was for her to get published. And you have done this. Everything will be okay!

Sarah - What are you writing???
I have read The Hunger Games trilogy, but I haven't seen the movie (no movie theaters here - don't ask how I managed to see the saga, thank God there was no economical crisis back then and I had a job!!!). I can't avoid the most important question :P : Team Peeta or Team Gale???? (I am team Peeta and team Finnick :cry: )

And as we are the sisterhood of the Pattinson, I believe that we must honor this amazing voice: :clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0PAHCjuQWc
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm having a quiet day today for the first time in a few weeks, so that will be nice. I'm hoping to get some things done that have been put off for a while. I have a Christian novel that I wrote that I need to find a publisher for. My publisher isn't publishing ones specifically for the Christian market anymore. However, I do break many rules that Christian publishers have, as my non-Christian characters act like non-Christians, which is usually a no-no. :roll: But I'll try anyway.

Sarah - I thought the Mockingjay trailer looked good. One of my friends was commenting that she couldn't remember some of the scenes in it from the book. I was pointing out that there probably will be a bit added as it's a relatively short book being split into two. There'll definitely be additional content. I was writing some more of my own book yesterday. I think it's going okay.

Michelle - Stephenie actually had the dream publishing journey. She only sent out 20 queries to agents at one time and got one because of that, who, within a few months, got her a $750,000 three book deal! Twilight was on shelves 18 months after it was written. That's monumentally quick. I wish I'd had that kind of response to my books. But I know things can still happen. I just need people to hear about my books. That's the tricky part when you're with a small publisher.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a fairly decent day today by the standards of this week. I'll probably be switching taxi companies again. But once I got to work I was fine, if feeling like I was half-way unconscious and feeling like I needed to find my equilibrium for the first hour or so I was there. When they say that being extremely tired is equal to being drunk, they're not kidding and it's probably a good think that I don't drive right now.

I'm going to try and do something with my sleep later tonight to see if it has any positive benefits. I'm basing it off of sitting in my brother's car the other night and I actually felt relaxed in there. Maybe I'll be taking a nap in there tonight just to see if it's an issue with the fact that I try and sleep with the lights on in my room (my younger brother and I share a room and he's usually up all night).

Other than that, I plan on looking up some stuff and maybe doing some gaming once I wake up a bit more. I did find this about the WEC race in Austin this weekend from Circuit of the Americas' Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/CircuitofTheAm ... tos_stream

And for a sample photo: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 5323_o.jpg

Other than that, that's about all I have going on right now.

I'll be back later :)

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Short work day today meant I had time for a nap post work, which hasn't happened in ages.

Lynne-I noticed a few things too, but it should be really interesting to see things from the Capital's perspective. And you know they always twist things in the trailer to make things look more dramatic, just like they did for the Saga. I thought it looked really good but it's definitely going to be super intense..one of the reason's I love the Saga is because it mixes the light heartedness of rom com as well as have some intensity. THG feels like straight intensity, as it should be since it's dealing with somewhat heavier subjects.

Michelle-I've got a story in the works, slowly. Lynne inspired me to start writing again slowly and she's definitely an inspiration to me. I wrote a lot when I was younger though. And goodness, you definitely have to try and see the movies! I'd buy them straight away if you can because they're just that good if you liked the books!