Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

We have vinyl being laid today! :)

Sarah - generally the holidays are only two weeks long, except for the summer holidays, which last for six weeks.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

It's back to work for me tomorrow. At least I get paid on Friday.

I do plan on working on fan fiction and finishing up 1-2 other things tonight. I've been saying that I've been wanting to work on fan fic, and I have been, but I've also been busy and running into stuff that's kept me from working on it. Doctor's appointment and doing stuff Monday and yesterday cases in point. So I'll try and work on my normal stuff now, take a break, play some VG stuff and maybe sneak in a nap before getting back on here to work on FF.

So that's my plans for tonight. I do hope that they can find a replacement soon for Andrea after she got promoted to her new job that she'll start tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll probably be stuck working weird hours at my current job until I start my new job that I've been promoted to.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

The vinyl went down successfully yesterday, and it's the carpet's turn today! It will be great to finally have new carpet on the floor! :)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a pretty good day at work today. No major issues or anything, though I still can't wait until Nov for my new job.

Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be working a total of 37 hours, which doesn't sound like much, considering that my new job will be at least 20 hours a week, but when it's a job that you stress over and you know that the end is coming and something better is coming in its place, it's sometimes hard to deal with.

Anyways, only hitch is that I left my lunch at work, which is OK--that means less I have to take in tomorrow, because I have a sandwich left over. I also get paid tomorrow, and I'll be buying some grocery stuff and a new thing like a laptop bag to take my stuff to work with me--tired of using old grocery bags, no matter how cheap and available they are.

I don't really have very many plans for tonight, because I'd like to get some rest before going into work tomorrow. So I'll look up my normal stuff and get ready for sleep early tonight. This weekend, I promise that I'll try really hard to work on fan fic and other stuff.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone :)

After a crazy week, we're headed to Portland tomorrow!! We get to go to a big used bookstore on Saturday morning before the concert and I'm just excited to have a break with Jason. It's also premiere week of How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory and I'm pleasantly surprised with how good things have been! It's one of the things that Jason and I really like to do together.

Lynne-yay for new vinyl!! Awesome :)

Hope everyone is doing well!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Wow, what a busy week!! I’ve barely had time to check my email or FB. Monday I don’t think I was home more than 2 or 3 hours, including time getting ready for work and eating dinner. Tuesday wasn’t a whole lot better. Between work, swimming lessons, school activities, choir, it’s insane! But when I get my paychecks for work, it should be really nice. I worked 15 hours this week...the most I’ve ever worked at this job and I’m scheduled for another 14 next week, and between 5 and 15 for the week after next. It’s great to have the hours, so I can’t complain, but it confirms my idea that I can’t handle much more than that until the kids are older. I’m glad I don’t have set hours! I’m sorry I haven’t been able to keep up this week!
I had to take a break writing this to go pick up the kids (Thank God for Word!!) and I watched a kid take a terrible tumble over a retaining wall! He was trying to jump over it and tripped, flipped over in the air and landed on his side. I looked around but it didn’t look like anyone else saw it, so I went running, not knowing who the kid was or where his parents were, and other parents saw ME go running and then they figured out who it was and sent his mom over. so I went and picked him up and he was obviously hurt and couldn’t walk, so I had to carry him to his mom who was rushing over by that time.. Thank goodness he was small enough to carry easily! Poor kid! He was still sitting with his mom when we left, but he was calming down, so I think he was ok. But boy it looked scary and I’m glad it wasn’t MY kid or I’d have been in hysterics. Why is it that we are always calmer about OTHER people’s children than we are about our own? It startled me, but I could function, where if it had been my child, I would have been frozen in fear.

Sarah, I LOVE Ikea! We need to get a bookcase, but it’s going to have to wait until October 25th when I will get paid for the hours I worked this month. But I can’t wait to get it and organize my books again!!
As for inlaws, it’s a matter of boundaries and avoiding the things that will cause problems. If I can anticipate the things that will upset them, I can avoid it. And by going to visit them often, they don’t feel the need to come here where they will see that I haven’t vacuumed that day or that Hubs hasn’t done the dishes yet.
My ex was definitely nutso, which is why I called it off. Getting rid of his crazy mother was just a bonus. Glad you escaped your crazy, too! I guess we just chalk it up to being young and lacking experience/judgment. But at least we both got out of it before we made an even bigger mistake!
I didn’t read Beautiful Creatures because it sounded too much like Twilight, which then I have a hard time with reading things because I feel like someone stole the story from Stephenie Meyer. But do you LIKE it? I understand not wanting to get sucked in to another series, but is that the only reason you aren’t sure you will keep reading? Because if you really like it, then I’d say keep going with it. If you aren’t sure, then stop.
OOOOO, used bookstore!! Jealous! Have fun!!

Lynne, I didn’t realize just how far you are from Melbourne....wow! Don’t think my friend will make it to the booklaunch. Sad, because she loved The Heir!
Is the floor done now? It feels sooooo nice when things are done and you can just get back to regularly scheduled program.

Sean, what happened to your medication? Why haven’t you gotten any for 2 weeks?

Yay! Marielle is back!! I really hope you can find a different job. It doesn’t sound like the one you are in is going anywhere. So glad your health is on track though! That is so important! Hubs has been doing a low carb diet for the last couple of weeks too and he’s losing quite a bit of weight and I think feeling better. He isn’t eating sugar, and he is eating VERY few carbs and I’ve been trying to do some of it with him, so I haven’t been eating pasta or anything either. But I am curious about how you do gluten free. Do you buy stuff at like...De Tuinen? My grocery store doesn’t have stuff like rice flower, or arrow root powder, or a lot of the things that gluten free recipes call for.
My trip to my dad was pretty good. He refused to move, but we got the practical stuff done, like the will, though he still needs to sign it. He’s not as bad as I was led to believe, which is good. I still worry, but hopefully I can work on him enough to persuade him to move when his lease is up in 2.5 years.
I am looking forward to the girls weekend, and as far as I know, no I’m not staying in the cottage because I have rehearsals for choir here, so I won’t be able to spend the whole weekend with you girls. I’ll have to be going back and forth. We'll see how it works out, but I don't think I'll be able to sleep there because then my husband would have to come get me, drive me back here to rehearsals, then drive me back to hang out with you girls. Do you know what you guys will be doing each day?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

The carpet went down yesterday, and it looks great, but unfortunately, we had a mishap when moving the furniture out of the way.
Hubby put the dining table on the back deck so that we could put the furniture from the living room in the kitchen while the carpet was being done. Unfortunately, when he was dragging the lounge (which has wheels) across the new vinyl, it left a big scratch right across it, across the grain (it has a wood pattern). I went into hysterics, thinking that we would have to have it relaid. However, my MIL read online that baby oil helps disguise vinyl scratches, so I bought some and it has disguised it fairly well. Unless you're looking for it, you can only see it when there is sunlight shining directly on it, so hopefully it will be okay.

Sarah - have a good time in Portland!

Songbird - wow, it was scary what happened with that kid! I would have been beside myself if it was my child. Yes, Melbourne is a fair distance away from here, unfortunately. We're going there for a week's holiday just before Christmas. Hubby comes from Melbourne, so he still has quite a few friends down there we want to visit, and there are plenty of sights for Little Man to enjoy.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry for not writing yesterday or wishing Caryn a happy birthday (happy belated birthday, BTW), but I was pretty busy and wiped out yesterday. In addition to work, I did some grocery shopping and got my glasses adjusted--the latter was a major godsend, because it was free and my glasses were really bothering me when I wore them.

Work was kinda a drag yesterday. I rarely had a moment's peace, very much unlike yesterday or last Friday. I felt like I was running all over the place. That was pretty tiring and it felt relentless. I hope to not have very many more days like that before i start my new job. At least I won't even have to switch offices to start my new position.

I'll try and work on fan fic tonight and I'm also going to try and buy a couple of ebay items today later on. Hopefully I'll also learn what the plans for my outing next week will be.

Yesterday was a slog, but at least the weekend's here.

Songbird: My brother was late in getting my blood work done for that appointment (he wanted to take me and my grandma to have it done at the same time) and because of work I had a hard time getting the actual doctor's appointment set up.

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Not a good day at all so far. I've felt like throwing up all morning, I have a huge headache, and I just vomited a crapload just a few minutes ago. I hope that I won't be like this tomorrow.

After a while, I'll probably be going back to sleep, hopefully until I feel better.

I'll be back later, hopefully I'll be feeling better by then.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Today Little Man and I are off to an indoor playground with a friend of his and his mother. It's great. They play, while we sit around, drink, eat and talk!