Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Songbird »

AAAHHHH, Susie, we could have totally done Karaoke!!! My brother has a set up in his house. We are singing now!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Happy hump day!!

So, my niece is liking me much better now! We did a karaoke party last night with my brother, BIL, and their surrogate and her 2 girls, but I couldn't sing because my voice is almost gone. We think it's probably because it's so much dryer here. My dad sent me a phone to use here, so Susie, if you wanted to talk, I can give you the number, but I'll warn you I sound like a frog.
This phone is a LOT of phone...too much for me. I know how to turn it on and off, and I THINK I know how to make a phone call...that's about it. I'm sure I'll figure it out, though I probably won't use a 10th of the things on the phone.
2 of hubs' uncles died last night. One of them had cancer in his brain and it was expected, though still sad. The other fell and broke his hip or something, and they went to the doctor and the doctor told him they couldn't do anything for him, so they took him to the hospital and he got a hemorrhage in the brain stem? Hubs said it was the part of the brain that controls breathing and he suffocated. So so sad!! I'm betting my MIL is pretty upset because it was her brother, and that's a terrible way to go. Not that the cancer wasn't, but at least they had some warning of that.

Other than that, not much going on here. Talk to you all later!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Songbird - I'm so sorry about your hub's uncles. That's so sad, to lose two in one day.

Rochelle and I are trying to work on a banner for me at the moment (as in, a big one that is held up by a stand). Boy, it's hard work. Getting it right is difficult, but it's going to cost me $80 so I want to make sure it's right!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Songbird: That sucks to say the very least! Two in one day? I can tell you that it's never easy to have a family member die, let alone see them suffer from something like cancer, even if they recover like my mom did. I hope that you and everyone else are doing as well as they can be right now. I know that I've struggled with stuff like that in the past, including fairly recently with one of my grandmothers passing away last year from a sudden illness.

Everyone: Now for some kinda positive stuff about work and Twilight ;)

Well, I found out today that the extreme western end of the building that I work at may as well be called the Twilight addicts wing. I believe that I already said that my friend Tracy is a Twilight fan. We have a new person who works in the same area of the building (directly across from Tracy's cubicle) named Tiffany that started today. And she seems to be at least a big a fan of Twilight as Tracy is. I only got to talk to Tiffany for a few minutes today. But it's clear that I might build up a rapport with her like I did Tracy and Evelyn, and several others that I've worked with.

Aside from that, today wasn't anything too special. Good day at work, no serious issues getting too or from work.

I do have to admit that I haven't felt 100% today. Weather's doing weird crap again, (rain and humidity, with associated pressure changes), and until I got home, the only thing I ate since Golden Corral yesterday at noon was a small bowl of cereal this morning.

I'm considering making a pork chop/corn/garlic mashed potato and gravy meal that might last me a couple of nights. But I don't know if I'll get around to making it tonight. I also don't know if I'll be getting around to working on fan fic tonight, either, because I'm still a bit tired and out of it from not feeling well earlier. Tiffany said that she thought it was a beautiful day. Well, not really for me--it got up to the mid-80s and with a crap load of humidity like on typical stormy summer days. Aside from a brief rain shower on my way home, I don't think that it rained much, though.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey everyone!

I'm working for Rochelle today, but from home. Hopefully I'll get a fair bit done.

I received a positive response from one of the schools I emailed! They sound pretty keen, but it sounds like they want me to become quite involved in the school, and I'm not sure I can do that much involvement, given all the jobs I have! I'll see what it means when I speak to them.

I have one more (quite severe) change to make to The Crown. I have to cut part of a scene out, as I think it's going to give me trouble later.

Sean - it's great that you've got a few Twilight fans at work now!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today wasn't so great. I did talk to Tiffany and Tracy again, but aside from that, it wasn't all that great. It was rainy, humid, and I had to fill out a MUI form over the phone from someone at work to report that someone had been sent to a hospital.

I wasn't feeling well again, probably in large part due to the weather. I'll probably look some stuff up before I get off her for a while and get something to eat. I might work on fan fic tonight if I have time, but I wouldn't count on that until tomorrow night.

At least this weekend is a big road racing weekend with NASCAR at Watkins Glen and ALMS/Grand Am at Road America. At least I have that to look forward to.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hey Everyone!

HAPPY BELATED HUMP DAY!

Well, that's a little distracting, isn't it? :lol:

You probably saw on facebook that Daughter Dear came home yesterday from a year in Argentina. It's great to have a family of four again. She'll be looking for her first social work job now. Being fluent in Spanish should help.

Last night Songbird Susan and I talked on the phone! It was so cool to hear her voice. Very fun. We hope to talk at least one more time.

Lynne - It's a good thing that you discovered the little glitch in The Crown that would give you trouble in the third book. It's all so complicated. I can't even imagine writing fiction.

Sean
- Hooray for Twilight fans at work!

Sarah - It sounds like you and your hubs have a good time together no matter what you do! We have a big Renaissance Festival here at the end of August into September, so I know what you're talking about. I can just imagine the beautiful jewelry you got. Good luck with the move!

It seems like Marielle doesn't come around here much anymore!! :cry:

Bye for now!
Songbird

Post by Songbird »

I'm packed and ready to go from my brother's house to my home town. I LOVE my brother-in-law. I had never met him before my brother and he got married and when I was here for that 3 years ago, they were busy with wedding plans and I didn't really ever get a chance to sit down and talk to him and get to know him. He's a manager at a bar here, called The Library (don't lie to your mom! Tell her you're at the Library), but they are building a new location so they fired him so he could get unemployment and then they will re-hire him when they reopen. So he's been home with the baby and we've had time to just hang out and get to know each other while brother dear is working. So nice!! And the surrogate is great, too. She has 2 girls who are 12 and 13 and they seem like really great kids. The one is super quiet and shy and the other is the complete opposite. So we're headed to my hometown today for the less fun part of the trip.
I've got the phone mostly figured out now. I can text, though I'm slow. Answering the phone doesn't always work for me, but I'm working on that...apparently my swiping skills need some work.
Monday should be the library book sale in my home town and I can't wait to go hog wild there!!!
It was great getting to talk to Susie! It was a bit noisy here because my BIL's brother and his GF were here, and there are 3 dogs who tend to make their presence known, but I enjoyed hearing a voice to put with the name, and talking about her book, etc.

Lynne, I saw the picture of the banner on FB and thought it looks really nice! Will it be paper or cloth?
I'm so happy that at least one school has responded. I hope you can work something out with them about how much you need to be involved. Do they do a lot of that there where someone comes in for a day and speaks to the kids?
Is it a plot hole you got rid of in The Crown? I can't wait to read it...only a few more months!!

Sean, no it's never easy to lose someone. Hubs seems ok...he wasn't as close to these 2 uncles as he is to some of the others, but still not a good thing. And not being able to go to the funerals because I'm over here...I feel bad. Plus, that's 4 uncles this year and there's one other one who isn't doing well.
That's great that you have some Twilight friends at work.

Susie, What a great picture! That makes up for it being late in my book!!
So happy your daughter made it home safe and sound! I hope she finds a job soon!

Marielle, where are you??

Sarah, how goes the move? Are you settled yet?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Today I've got a book signing at a small bookstore called Books@Stones (they're at a place called Stones Corner). I hope I sell some copies. They don't do a lot of YA books, so they're not sure if I'll have any sales. Hopefully I prove them wrong.

Susie - thanks for that pic! Yes, I was having trouble with part of one scene, and so I thought just taking it out was easier than trying to make it work. I'm glad I thought of it before things were really finalised.

Songbird - the name of that bar is very clever! I'm glad you're having a good time.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

This week is finally over. I'll be spending this weekend watching the ALMS, Grand Am and NASCAR road races and working on fan fic and a few other things.

I went to the library and Walmart after work today, and work itself today was pretty successful. But today, I'm as tired as hell, and it's been a pretty long week actually. Kinda a strange, long week that felt like it kinda dragged.

But at least the weekend is here and I can relax a bit and try and do a few things that I've been neglecting.

When at the library, I did see a copy of part one of the New Moon graphic novel, and considered picking it up after I looked though it. But, since part 2 wasn't there, I passed. Maybe this weekend, I'll put a hold on both volumes.

But I haven't been up to much, and won't be aside from looking up my normal stuff until later tonight when I work on my fan fic and some other stuff that I haven't been able to work on as much as I'd like to have been able to recently.