Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone :)

I've been busily working and getting settled into the new house :) I've been working extra hard because I just want it to all be done! I've got most of the living room set up and pretty much the whole kitchen/bathroom but the spare bedroom is a mess as is our bedroom. I guess it'll come together in time but it's driving me nuts in the mean time!

Lynne-I wish there was more I could do! I definitely need to buy your book still, I've been in a reading mood lately and it's still on my list. Is there anything coming from all the online promo? Have fun at the Ekka!

Song-I'm so glad to hear your Dad is doing better than you thought and that it was one of Tim's horses that did it, not your Dad's. Otherwise you could be looking at some potentially tricky legal stuff, right? Yuck!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a pretty bad day. If I'm to be honest, I don't know how much longer I'll be working at where I work now. I hate the hours I work, the job's been nothing but tedious the past few weeks, I've had to deal with all the fall out from personnel changes, and I feel like I'm going nowhere.

I'm burned out on my job, burned out on being stuck at home, and I have few opportunities outside of work for socializing. And it doesn't help that at home, I have two brothers who share few interest with me and I live out in the middle of nowhere.

If I could, I'd move into an apartment by myself as a second home and try and make friends there, but I can't afford that.

And there's just so much at work that I'm burned out on. I do the same things every day, and I feel like it changes nothing nor that it helps out. Then there's the issues with phone calls and such, and not knowing where people are and having to deal with things that I don't have an answer to. And with the friends I do have, I have no real opportunity to socialize with them outside of work.

And I'm tired of being diabetic, too. It seems recently no matter what I do, my blood sugar stays at a level where I don't want it to be. I'm even considering finding a new doctor because of this.

It just seems that nothing has gone well for me at all today. I don't even know where I bothered getting up just to work on a few things before probably going back to bed. I wanted to work on fan fic and look up some Audi stuff, but I doubt that I'm gonna do any of that tonight.

Sorry for this long-winded rant, but I'm pretty frustrated and upset about a few things right now.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

We had a wonderful day at the Ekka, even if it was a bit exhausting. Little Man went on the kids' dodgem cars by himself, we watched show jumping, dog showing, utes (i.e. pickup trucks) doing tricks, motorcycles doing stunts, saw a scientist doing experiments for kids, played with Lego, and ate yummy food! It was fun!

Sarah- It would be good for you to take advantage of the offer we've got at the moment of The Heir and The Crown and the t-shirt with no postage charged for $39.90 AUD. It would probably only be $38.00 US at the moment. Hopefully, setting up your house won't take too long.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today wasn't much better than yesterday. I'm tired of being stuck at home when I'm not at work and I still starting to not like work, either.

I just wish that I could get a hold of a friend, any friend, and spend a couple of hours with them to forget about my troubles.

I'll try and talk to one of my old friends to see what can be done. I'm also considering getting a hold of someone at work about seeing if there may be a place I can go or stay for a while just to get out of the house.

The past week or so has just been really frustrating and depressing...
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Tornado wrote:Hey there!

We had a wonderful day at the Ekka, even if it was a bit exhausting. Little Man went on the kids' dodgem cars by himself, we watched show jumping, dog showing, utes (i.e. pickup trucks) doing tricks, motorcycles doing stunts, saw a scientist doing experiments for kids, played with Lego, and ate yummy food! It was fun!

Sarah- It would be good for you to take advantage of the offer we've got at the moment of The Heir and The Crown and the t-shirt with no postage charged for $39.90 AUD. It would probably only be $38.00 US at the moment. Hopefully, setting up your house won't take too long.

Thanks Lynne :) How long will you be running the promo for?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Probably until November, but I'm not really sure.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Tornado wrote:Probably until November, but I'm not really sure.
Mmkay good to know!! I'll definitely mention it to Jason :)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I put this on FB, but I thought I'd post it here as well:

Hey girls and boy!

I was talking to Rochelle today about The Heir. She was paying royalties to her authors. She said that, so far, we have sold 285 copies (that includes the 100 I purchased). This figure doesn't include those we sent to the distributor, but she said it's unlikely that they would have sold more than 50 so far. It also does not include ebooks or print on demand sales. It will be quite a few months before we get anything from those.

I guess that's not too bad. We were both reflecting on how it's a marathon, not a sprint, so we still have plenty of time to keep selling. I hope the book signing I'm doing tomorrow goes well. If so, I will be invited back to this store, and it's quite a big one, so if I can get my foot in there it will be good.

Don't forget you can pre-order The Crown from Rochelle too, if you want. She's only had two pre-orders so far, so it would be good to get a couple more if any of you are after a copy. Go here to pre-order.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry for not writing yesterday, but I was so tired after work that I slept until this morning. I did actually have a a pretty good day at work yesterday, but I was still a bit--okay, very--tired.

I do think that soon I'll have something together that will allow me to go out on days after work or other days and hang out with some people, including one or two from work, and someone's daughters who have interests similar to mine. Hopefully that'll help remedy the burn-out that I've had with staying home all the time.

As I mentioned, work did go well on Thursday, for once this week. This whole week until yesterday was crap basically, but at least it ended on a good note. And also as said, I do look forward to doing some things in the next couple of weeks just to have something different to do 1-2 times a week or every few days.

I did run some errands this morning and bought some breakfast sausage and a test thing for my brother to test to see if he had a UTI, which he does. At least the thing came with pills for that, but I won't bother telling you guys what he's thrilled about with this medication...

I hope to look up some Audi stuff that I missed out on last night, and I also hope, if possible, to finally get to work on my fan fic again. I do still have the whole weekend to work on it, fortunately.

I'll be back later :)

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I don't know if you saw it on Facebook, but I sold 10 copies at the book signing yesterday, so I was really pleased with that. My father was impressed. He worked in bookstores for about 20 years, and he said it was very rare for any kind of author to sell that many at a signing. I hope it means good things for the future. I think it will help also, when I go to other bookstores to ask if I can do a signing, to tell them that and hope that they will agree to it. Hopefully, it might work.