Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Yesterday went okay at Rochelle's place. She did have work for me, which is good. The new girl starts tomorrow and at the moment Rochelle is still wanting me to come in one day a week. We'll see how long it lasts.

Today I've just got grocery shopping. This week is quieter than last week. The downside of that is that I really should go and check out a couple of new bookstores to see if I can get signings in them, but I don't want to. I've lost my mojo where that is concerned and I just don't want to run the risk of rejection. However, I have to get over that and just go in there anyway.

Sarah - while Rochelle has work for me it's fine. We'll see what happens if that dries up.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

A decent Monday, hooray. Jason worked from home today and he did a little housework for me as well which I'm always grateful for!

I'm quite bothered to realize that Goodreads' Challenge won't accept re-read books towards their challenge. I deleted the book before putting it back as currently reading, then finished, but it still wouldn't count it. Ugh. That means 100 new books this year, not just 100 books! Ack.

Lynne-I'm glad to hear she at least wants you one day a week, I hope that continues. You said your latest book won't published for a while right? Doing self promotion has to be tiring.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a pretty decent day today aside from the fact that it was overcast and cold when the weather reports suggested sunshine and mild temps. Go figure...

Anyways, I have an outing early in the morning, so I have some stuff that I'd like to finish off before then. And, hopefully, the weather will be better by then.

I also found this online about the Audi Le Mans test car:

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsmarch15.html

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Not much on today, which is nice. I'll make it an 'at home' day, though. I'm psyching myself up to visit a couple of bookstores tomorrow. Don't want to, but I'll make myself.

Sarah - yes, self promotion is exhausting. It's also demoralising when you keep getting refusals, or do get to go to a place and then make no sales. My last few experiences have been like this and it's so hard to deal with. That's why I'm reluctant to do it. Yes, it's a shame they don't count re-reading of old books. It's why my 'read' pile each year looks a lot smaller than it actually is.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Helloooooooooooo!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Tonight we hanging out with Jason's cousins, which should be fun. The busier everyone gets, the harder it is to coordinate schedules! Plus they all have a plethora of kids of various ages :)

Lynne-That's frustrating, how hard! Do you see a lot of payout from your online presence? Is that a good way to get new readers?
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a decent couple of days, and now I'll be having a bit of an Audi binge-athon as far as looking up some stuff online, namely photo galleries as well as info coming out of Spa in Belgium as far as how the sprint spec and Le Mans spec R18s will be performing (more on that in a moment).

Tomorrow will be a perfect day for that, as it's supposed to be cool and rainy. So not a great day to go outside. Though, the weather by the weekend should be great.

Getting back to the Audi deal, this gallery should help with comparisons between the LM and sprint spec cars (LM spec is the last 3 photos):

http://fourtitude.com/galleries/?c=show ... %20quattro

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hello there!

Tomorrow is the 1st of May, so it’s a holiday. It’s a holiday for all of you, too, right? Here, we make flower wreaths, which we hang on entrance doors or the balconies. We also put flowers on the cars (under the wipers) to celebrate the day. Is there anything special that you are doing for the day?

Sarah, welcome back! What a beautiful trip you had! How many days do you need in order to see everything in Disneyland? (or this is out of the question?)
I haven’t read anything from John Green yet, but I really want to. Recently, I saw an offer with four or five of his books, with 42 euro (around 47 dollars) and I put it on my wishlist.
I forgot to mention “Tangled” among my favorite Disney movies - oh I am in love with Flynn Rider!!! :roll:

Lynne, I am so shy, I don’t believe I could do self promotion the way you describe it. But once I read an article about “cold canvassing”, which I am sure you guys know it’s when you ask for a job in a company, while they’re not hiring at the time. What I want to say is that everyone does it. I am sure that getting a rejection sucks, but you can see it as an interview for job in a company. They may reject you at first, but at some point, somebody will want to work with you! :)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I managed to get a book signing. It's booked in for the 6th June. It's difficult to get them, though, especially now that Rochelle has started her own distribution company. Previously, she used a big name company, which was convenient because all the bookstores already had accounts with them. However, they charged an arm and a leg and didn't really do anything to promote books except put them on their website, so Rochelle decided to start her own distribution company to distribute her books and the books of some other authors who need a hand but can't afford the big guys. Unfortunately, when I tell this to a bookstore, they're usually not interested in adding another distributor to their list. With this one I went to yesterday, they said, 'We'll take copies from you but not your distributor.' Now, I'm happy to do it that way if it gets sales, but I tried this with another bookstore and she never paid for the copies she sold. Admittedly, that lady has a reputation, and I know a lot of other authors who have gone to this bookstore and had good experiences, so I'll just have to hope for the best.

The other bookstore I went to couldn't help me because the manager wasn't in so I have to go back today. Not looking forward to that.

Also, I have finally got some more reviews of The Heir on Amazon. Unfortunately, they're only three stars, but at least they're not lower than that. It will drive my overall rating down though. But that's the risk you take when you ask for reviews.

Sarah - Hope you enjoyed your time with your cousins! Yes, my online presence is returning dividends. That's why Rochelle is happy with the way my books are going. I don't sell a lot of physical copies but online I have a consistent trickle of sales.

Michelle - no, 1st May isn't a holiday here. What's it for? Yes, we call it 'cold calling' and I'm hopeless at it. After I visited the bookstores yesterday I bought myself some chocolate as a reward for putting myself through that.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

A decent day at work again, yay.

I got a bit further into Paper Towns and the writing was decent but I wasn't grabbed by the story so I flipped to the end to see what happens. I'm starting to think I only really liked TFIOS but I'm not completely giving up on John Green. It'll be interesting to see how PT does at the theater this summer.

Lynne-I'm glad to see the online marketing is working, that must be a relief! And it's not as intimidating as going in person. You must have a lot of bookstores around you! I know of four or five off the top of my head in city that are locally owned but the bigger chain stores are in other cities, like Tacoma.

Michelle-I had to look it up since it's not a public holiday here but I've heard of it :) The next big public holiday in the U.S. is Memorial Day which is at the end of May and we honor our deceased military members that day.

I thought that 3 days was a good amount of time in the parks because it allowed us to really wander both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure and really enjoy it. We did things we loved multiple times and it's such a magical place. I absolutely LOVE Tangled, Rapunzel is probably my favorite Disney princess, other than Belle because she likes to read :)