Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

My parents' move now seems on track to happen this time next week. I'll be happy when it's over.

I have a Christian manuscript I'm trying to find a publisher for. Unfortunately, it's proving difficult. Most publishers will only accept manuscripts through an agent, and getting one them isn't easy (tried it last time). The other publishers all only seem interested in self or vanity publishing deals. It's a tricky thing to navigate.

Sarah - Yes, THG is a good one for the guys because of all the action in it! Yes, I'm frustrated with the website too.

Michelle - Aha, you'll have to wait and see! :D Halloween is becoming more popular over here but we don't celebrate it, much to Little Man's annoyance. He wants all the lollies!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Liana have their EP album out, and it can be bought from iTunes and Google Play. Also, this a photo of them having some free time:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 40db2e1f79

As for me, it's the same old, same old; look up stuff, do some gaming. Great things for here are coffee, warm chicken soup, a small electric heater, and plenty of blankets on my bed.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Good morning, everyone!

It's Saturday here and today I have to get a few things done but they're mostly around the house so it should be a relatively quiet day.
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hi guys!

I was about to call it a night when I realized that BD 2 was shown at 22:30 and all of a sudden I was not tired nor sleepy anymore!

Unfortunately they cut the end credits... My eyes are filled with tears right now, and I thank God that Stephenie gave the end she did, because I am really not sure how we could cope with a death of one of the characters we loved so much... (When I finished "One day" I felt sick for a month, I don't even want to think how would it be if the saga had another ending)

Lynne, how is it going with Twilight? I will start reading the books before Christmas – I do it every year!!
Guys it would be cool if we did a group reading some time in the future, also discussing the plot. I am sure we will find so many things to comment upon.

Oh and Lynne, the other day I saw here on TV a news report about e-books that you upload on amazon or elsewhere and they can bring you up to 70% for each sale you make… You can search that option, too.

:wave:
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Been cold and miserable all day here. I had a good day at work, got some stuff at Walmart, and I'm pretty much set for my outing on Tuesday. But other than that, I don't have too much going on this weekend until I go back to work on Monday.

Sorry that this is kinda bland, but I don't have any big plans until the Tuesday outing.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Quiet Saturday ahead of me and that's just fine :) Last night was Halloween so Jason and I went out to dinner just for fun..we're always getting coupons via e-mail so we figured why not? At last minute we decided to buy some candy to give out but left the light off outside..we still got a couple of kids so it was nice to have something to pass out.

Jason is currently flying through Mockingjay and finally understands how I can fly through books so quickly :) He's still not sure he'll ever read Twilight but he loves THG now and wants to watch Catching Fire again. It's fun to have something else to do together :) We've bought our tickets for MJ as well already.

Lynne-Sorry you're having a rough time finding someone to publish your new novel. Are you working on anything else that Rochelle could possibly publish?

Michelle-did you finally get to see BD2?! Was that your first time seeing it? I thought it was great too, but the battle scene is still hard to watch :/
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Cold and windy here today. Thinking of going out to Walmart for a new electric heater. But other than that, I'm not doing too much. Just trying to lay back and relax before Tuesday.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Today we have a nice, relaxing day with baking in the morning and dinner with my in-laws tonight. It's nice to have a break. I'm working for Rochelle tomorrow for the first time in weeks and then I will spend most of my spare time this week over at my parents' place as they move on Friday. That's going to be difficult for me, saying goodbye to the house where I spent most of my childhood.

Sarah - It's nice when husbands understand these things, isn't it? My hubby isn't in to novels and hasn't even managed to read The Heir all the way through! He promises me he'll do it one day but I'll believe it when I see it. Yes, I am working on something else that Rochelle could publish. The manuscript I have just finished, How Far Forgive, is something she should be interested in, although I can never be sure until she's read it. This one doesn't necessarily follow standard lines either, so I'll have to hope that doesn't put her off.

Michelle - our Facebook group recently did a group read of Twilight. I was too busy at the time to be part of it, though. Have you seen the section here that lays out questions for every chapter? It's fun to answer them. I'm up to the bit where they're running away from James. Yes, ebooks are a fantastic sales tool. We get a good return from them.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Well, I'm probably done being a moderator at a motorsports forum, if not a member of that forum. It's no fun being a moderator with a bunch of jerks in a NASCAR forum when I'm not even a NASCAR fan, I have a right to say that what NASCAR considers to be entertainment doesn't fit my definition of entertainment, and they curse me out for it. So when I hear from those who I sent messages to, I'll probably be gone from that forum. I was offered a possible mod post at the sportscar forum at this site, but that place is barren and empty, and it'll be no fun for me to post alone, so I'll probably give up modding, if not that forum entirely.

My day was fine up until that point, but I'm not very happy now.

michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hello guys!

These days I am trying to sort out my photos of at least ten years that are located on my external hard discs, mobile phone, usb sticks… God it’s sooo difficult!

Sarah, it was the third time I watched the movie. For the previous two (I saw them back to back, due to lack of time :D ) I travelled to Athens to do so!! And then I started saving money and I didn’t have the chance to buy the last DVD…

Yeah, the battle scene is heartbreaking. But I was thinking of my two favorite scenes – the one with Edward thanking Carlisle “for this extraordinary life” and the one that Edward sees Jacob and Nessie in the future, through Alice’s vision.

When I first watched the movie I thought it was a pity we didn’t have Edward’s quote written in the book, but this time I realized that we couldn’t have it because we don’t have EPOV (yet)! And now I am happy because I am sure that this scene did happen in Stephenie’s head and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

About the second scene I read some negative opinions in Greek fora – because Alice can’t see the werewolves. But I am so thankful I saw that peaceful smile on Edward’s face… It was just priceless!

God I am a bit (!) chatty today but there are so many things that I still discover even now, after so many years…

Lynne, yes I know the section with the questions but I think that it would be fun if I did it back then, when I first read the books and my reactions and thoughts were genuine as I was still unsure for the heroes’ future and the plot development ;)

Sean, once I was given some advice by an ex-moderator: "never become a moderator". So don’t worry, I guess this is just the nature of this job… :banghead: