Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry for this very late posting, but I had to stay over at work to cover for someone who had to go home because their daughter was sick. I was asked if I could stay over for an extra couple of hours, and I said yes. Of course, the day at work was good, but afterwards, I was dead tired and I stayed asleep until about midnight, and I probably won't be up for too much longer.

Of course, the weather didn't help today, but that's only temporary, and by Sunday it'll be warm again. But right now I'm a bit tired and I just want to check a few things before I go back to sleep.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Marielle - I hope they manage to sort it out.

Sean - yep, and more work means more money, doesn't it? I always like that about overwork!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Not much has gone on today. I slept in until 4:30 today because I wasn't feeling good and was pretty wiped out from yesterday. I don't have very many plans for tonight aside from watching the F1 race and doing maybe a few other things.

Marielle: I suppose that means on Chinese GP? At least JB did good in qualifying considering that the McLaren has been pretty horrible at times so far this year.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi Sibs!
We saw The Host on Friday night. I liked it, but it's not one I feel the need to go back and see again and again like I did with the Twilight movies, which is kind of a shame really since I loved the book so much. It's also not one I think I will buy when it comes out on DVD. It followed the book pretty well as far as not making huge changes, and the ones they made, made sense. It was, however, VERY rushed (why don't they just tack on another 30 minutes!!) and if you hadn't read the book, you'd be pretty lost. The people in back of us in the theater didn't like it at all, and they didn't even know it was originally a book...there weren't many people there in the first place and the ones who were were making fun of it. I think you just miss too much of the backstory if you haven't read the book. Kind of like The Hunger Games movie. But I did like it. Now I need to go back and read Lynne's review.

Ashley, look at you being all Edward like, oiling the windows to sneak in! Welcome home... but next time, feel free to use the front door!
So sorry to hear about your Great Grandfather. He sounds like he was very special.
Congrats about schools! That's great! Are you super excited?

Lynne, is there a way you can reset the quality level of recordings so you can fit more on? I know with our DVD recorder, I set it to a lower quality recording and then I can fit TONS more on it. But I didn't know there were TVs that could record without an external device, so maybe you can't do that with the TV like you can with the recorder. Are external hard drives really expensive there?
It was supposed to finally be nice here today, 22 degrees and partly sunny, but so far, I have yet to see the sun, so I'm not holding out much hope for that.

Marielle, oh no!!! Are you feeling ok? I hope they spring you soon! It must suck to be cooped up on the weekend in the hospital. Have you got stuff to do like books to read if you can't access internet much?

Sean, it's great you got some extra hours! Too bad the person's daughter was sick though.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Songbird - maybe we could do that. I'll have to check the instructions. I was interested to hear your take on The Host. A lot of fans I've spoken to felt that way. I don't think there'll be any sequels made into movies. I don't think it's earning enough.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Nothing much to report today. At least today's a decent day outside, and tomorrow should be even better. And Audi got a 1-2 today in the WEC race at Silverstone. Toyota swept the front row, but from about 10 minutes in, the Audis got by and the Toyotas were never really a factor from then on out--they even got lapped by the Audis, which I didn't expect to happen.

I have a few things to watch tonight, and I have to be in bed to get to work tomorrow. I have a few errands, but nothing major tomorrow. I hope to maybe work on fan fic and by a couple of items off ebay tonight before I call it a night.

And I want to wish a happy anniversary to Jaclyn :)

I'll be back later

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

<tiptoes in and collapses on the floor> I've been reading/lurking around here, just not posting. Required too much brain power at the end of the evenings.

Tax season should be officially over for me, as I do mostly random jobs around the office, not the actual returns, and I worked all weekend to help them get caught up. I'm definitely ready for a break, as I'm not used to working 30+ hours a week (I'm spoiled, I know), and it's nice to relax a bit! The extra money is nice but now I can focus on graduation again!

Suzan- My test is on mathematics and it's final class/test towards my college degree. Thanks for the well wishes! Sorry to hear you've had a rough time..family deaths are hard :( Congrats on NYC, it's a dream of mine to go visit! Very cool!

Song-That's what I've been hearing about The Host, that it's not very good...so much for it just being Stephanie Meyer's stuff, right? Twilight is unique and special :) Hope everything works out with Bug's swimming lessons!

Lynne-ah, pub day isn't that far off then! I've been loving seeing all the promo online. Very cool!

Marielle-oh no! I just saw you're in the hospital!! Hope you're okay my friend, that's terrible!

Susie-any word on hubby's interview? (Did I already ask this? sorry!)

Okay, I think I'm off of here for time being :)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Sarah - yes, it's definitely getting closer! Now the real work begins!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Pretty good day at work aside from feeling like I slept on everything wrong. It started with my neck, then my knees and by the end of the day, I was sort of wiped out. I did take a nap after work, but then again, a storm front is moving in and that's probably not helping things.

I heard about the Boston Marathon attack, and, once again, pretty disheartening to hear how people can do that to each other. And I even heard on the radio that in Iraq rivaling factions got into gunfights and bombings that killed about 30 people. Too many evil, insane and vile people in this world for it's own good, even if they are in the minority, even that minority of people is too much. If some people would put as much energy into trying to do good as they do with doing evil, this world would probably take a total 180 degree turn from what it is today.

I'll be watching James May and his show Man Lab on BBC America tonight. This is the first time that Man Lab will be shown in the US, and I've been looking forward to it.

And I don't know if I should leave it here or comment elsewhere, but I do hope that Marielle will be feeling better soon. At least JB finished in the top 5 in the Chinese GP this weekend.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I was playing cricket with Little Man on the back deck this morning and tore a ligament in my baby finger on my right hand. Of course I'm right handed, so it's been an absolute nightmare today. I can't write at all and it's difficult to type, so I might not be able to work for Rochelle tomorrow either. I've got so much to do with the lead up to the book and I was going to start today now that Little Man's back at school. NOT HAPPY JAN!