Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I've felt a bit out of it all day pretty much. Earlier this morning I was pretty violently ill, and I haven't been in a great mood all day and I've felt kinda out of it and low on energy.

I hope to write fan fic and look up some stuff later, but I'll probably try and get some rest and do some other stuff before I work on that stuff. Hopefully by then I'll be feeling better.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Lynne, I'm so glad it went well! And 22 copies it pretty good! Do you know how many you've sold total now? I saw some pictures...Rochelle looks a bit like SM, doesn't she? Not how I pictured her at all for some reason.
Yes, I'm SOOOO glad Bug made it through A. Now she just has to do B when the pool opens again in September. I think she can do it...the only difference is the lengths...the hole is 2 times farther away, and they have to dive rather than jump, which she did this time anyway, even though they didn't have to. And I think they have to do more lengths of each stroke and tread water for longer...but I think she'll make it.

Sean, hope you are feeling better. Is it something you ate?

Today is the choir festival...I'm excited, but nervous. They put me in the front for every single song, and there are a couple that I'm not confident with the dance moves. They've been doing some of the songs for YEARS so people who have been there a while know them really well, so they don't get practiced often, which means newer people don't get much practice with them. So wish me luck!!!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Good luck today Song!!! I'm sure you'll be great :) Glad to hear Bug passed her swimming test, how fun :)

Lynne-that's a great start!! How awesome :) I think it's cool your father writes too..it runs in the family!

Today is clean/study/run errands today with Jason. He's been a great study coach the past week and I'm hoping to log a good amount of hours today with him..the rest of this week we are so busy with work I have no idea when we'll be able to pack and get ready to go on vacation, not to mention everything else we need to do!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Today I'm working for Rochelle, but from home, as she has to prepare for a conference she's going to this week. That's fine by me. I probably need the peace and quiet. It's been a busy weekend!

Songbird - yes, it is good. I'm not sure how many I've sold just yet. I know I've sold about 50 physical copies to friends, but Rochelle has had other orders from bookstores as well. And none of that includes ebook sales, and I know I've sold a few there as well. We'll see how it goes. I hope the festival goes well.

Sarah - yes, writing does run in the family. :) I hope you get some studying done.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm feeling a lot better today, and I do have plans for working on fan fic and looking up something later on after my shows go off. The weather is also much better today, and, as far as I know, the Jeep finally has been fixed.

This week, I'm off work Tuesday and I won't have another day off until Saturday. But at least the weather in general will be better this week. Also, hopefully, I won't be as busy as I have been over the past couple of weeks.

Unfortunately, that's about all I have for right now. This coming weekend is the Le Mans test weekend, so I hope to be able to see how that goes. But I won't know that until next Sunday.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

It's definitely Monday! I had a fight with MM this morning because he asked for something for breakfast, I got it for him and then he refused to eat it. So I told him he's never getting that again. Then I get the kids to school, get my groceries, forgot to get the razor blades my husband asked me to get, but I figured I'd just get them in town when I went to the library to pick up my daughter's books she has reserved, and take back the present she got from Oma that she already has....so I get on my bike and it's making a really weird noise and it's harder to pedal than normal...there's a thumbtack in the front tire, so it's half flat. So I have to walk back home. I call the bike repairman...closed on Mondays. GAH!!!! So I walk back to the store to get the razor blades at least, get back home and realize I forgot the cheese for the burritos. :banghead: I'm having a day. But, the choir festival was fun yesterday and it went ok. Could have been better, but could have been a LOT worse, too. And my classmate is going to try to get over here today, so that would be fun. And I'm reading a book for my friend in Ireland as a pre-edit...I'm only one chapter in and she has already turned me into a sobbing mass. So far it's the best one I've read for her...loving it.

Sarah, good luck with studying!

Lynne, enjoy the peace and quiet!!

Off to pick the munchkins up from school.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hello, Everyone! :wave:

I just wanted to report that -
I FINISHED THE FIRST DRAFT OF MY LEXICON MEMOIR!!!
:yahoo:

Now it's just on to the editing process.
It's 272 pages 1.5 spaced, so I know I have to cut, cut, cut, but I don't want, want, want!

I don't want to cut anyone out. I think I'll have to pare down some of the chapters, though. I don't want the reader to get bogged down and plus I'm pretty sure publishers want something a little shorter than that.

I want you stalwarts to know that in my concluding chapter I mentioned you five (Marielle, Songbird, Sarah, Lynne, and Sean) as keeping the Halfway House going for us. (pseudonyms were used, though!) I'll let you read that chapter now if you want...

Lynne - I'll need to get your advice for my future book launch. It looks like you really know how to handle the marketing in this new digital age. As we talked about, I'll send it to you after I've cleaned it up a bit.

Marielle
- Yes, I will be back here more often now. But until I'm ready to send the book to a publisher, I'll still be busy with that. I'll try to bring more people here, but the last time I tried that it didn't work. I don't want to be a nag.

Sarah - Thanks for explaining why you don't like to read new stuff when you're stressed. It makes a lot of sense.

Sean - Hang in there.

Songbird - It's great that you've found a way to keep singing in your life! Let's do Karaoke or a piano bar together this summer, OK?

Many of you have asked about my husband's job situation - NO he still doesn't have a job.He is a senior software developer with more than 20 years of experience and companies want to save money by hiring junior developers with web-based skills, etc. Thank God for unemployment, even if it is half of what he normally earns. There are some good prospects now, so hopefully he'll hear something in the next two weeks. I'll let you know when we finally get some good news on that front!

See you later!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey everybody!

Some of you have probably noticed on FB that the first review of The Heir is up at Amazon and it's a five star review! The lady who wrote the review is named Iola. I do know her, but not really well. She is a professional reviewer who reviews pretty much a book a week, so I'm really chuffed that she liked my book enough to give it five stars. She only gave it four on Goodreads, but that's still good too! The review's here if you want to read it.

Songbird - I had a Monday like that not long ago. I'm glad that the choir festival was good, though.

Susie - congrats on finishing the memoir! Let me know when you're ready for me to have a look.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I got up today and felt horrible. I feel a bit better now, but I have to admit that I'm glad that I don't have to go into work tomorrow.

I did try an actual "big" hamburger from Wendy's today, and it was sort of meh, but the chilli I got with it was great. But I still feel a bit like crap right now.

I have Man Lab with Top Gear's James May on later tonight, and some VG stuff and stuff to look up along the way, but I will try, health permitting, to finish, or at least get close to finishing, my current fan fic chapter.

And at least I also got to meet some of the new people who are my co-workers today, including one who's married to an old friend from school, and another who went out of her way to say hi to me and ask me what I was doing at work because she hadn't seen me before (naturally, today was her first day).

So that's what had been happening today. As I said, not a bad day aside from felling sick. I think that it may've been something that I ate, because I was fine when I went to bed last night.

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Susie wrote:

Sarah - Thanks for explaining why you don't like to read new stuff when you're stressed. It makes a lot of sense.
Thanks for understanding :) I'm not reading anything new..just re-reading Sarah Dessen's books as a way to quiet my mind in the evenings. I've been so distractable lately the last thing I need to do is go and get wrapped up in a new book and not be able to focus on other parts of my life :P Happens every time, I swear.