Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey there, everyone!

The book club last night went pretty well. I talked for ages just about writing and my journey as a writer and they loved it! I sold two copies of The Heir and they gave me $20 for just going, which was great. And Little Man had a slight sleep hiccup without me there but it didn't take him too long to get to sleep, so that was good.

Today I've got to go to Rochelle's to pick up some books for a school fete I'm going to tomorrow as a Wombat Books representative. Hopefully after that I'll be able to sit down for a while.

Sarah - Sounds like a relaxing day!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

It's always funny to me when work is slow for a solid week..we normally are very busy but we had a cancellation and some shifting schedules, where people are on vacation or moving, so there's a few gaps in the schedule. It couldn't happen on a nicer week, as the sunshine has been wonderful. Next week we're back to a normal schedule so I need to enjoy it while it lasts :)

Lynne-Oh I'm so glad you sold a few copies! Yay :) and yay for LM too!
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hi guys!

Yesterday it was my dad’s name day and we had an evening BBQ with those of the family who happen to be here this time of the year, around 25 people. It was nice to catch up with everyone and discuss about our plans for the summer.

Lynne, the book club event sounds fun. How does it work? Is it like, people gather and talk about one book they all read, the same way they would do in a forum?

Sarah, I understand that in the States the reality shows are still very popular. Right now, we have only The Voice. I have seen some seasons of the Amazing Race (the American one-we never had it here) and I love it!

Sean, when the owls get angry, they react exactly like cats, right?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm running a Wombat Books stall at a school fair today. I hope we sell some stuff. It would make it worth it. It's always difficult to spend the whole day at a stall like that, especially when I'll be manning it on my own. It can get really boring. It's about 40 minutes' drive away too.

Sarah - I'm glad you were able to stop and smell the roses during your quiet week. :)

Michelle - what's the tradition of a name day for a parent involve? With the book club, yes, they have a a book a month that they read together and then talk about it. This month they were doing a novel that involved Madam Tussaud. It looked interesting. I'm not sure if they ever did one of my books as a group but a number of them have bought or read my books already.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I haven't been having the greatest of time lately. I've been having issues/worries about work and I haven't been feeling well lately. Right now I have a splitting headache and I already know that it's supposed to start raining/storming as early as Sunday afternoon possibly. And I've been having problems with my shoulder hurting, too.

And it seems that a lot of things are starting to get to me, too. Work on Friday was annoying because of issues with scanning documents and the machine I had to use. And some other things are bothering me and irritating me. I hope that this long weekend will allow me to start to feel better.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I had a good day at the fair yesterday. Since I hadn't sold many of my books of late, I didn't take too many, only two full sets and two extras of The Heir, and I sold all but two of them! I was worried I was going to run out! I made about $100 for myself and $100 more for Rochelle with her books. I think that means it was a successful venture. I also had some good conversations with teachers, not just from the school running the fair, but ones who had come from other schools, and all of them took our catalogues with them, so hopefully we'll get some flow-on sales.

So it was an encouraging day! :D
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

I'm posting this again because I feel like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rRIHO87cW4
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

Today I hung out with Jason, we went to my favorite used bookstore for their big Memorial Day sale (Memorial Day is Monday here) and out for a quick lunch at Chick Fil A, which we just got here. They sell really good chicken sandwiches and are a Christian company so I love supporting them.Later I saw my best friend and watched a movie, so good weekend so far :)

Memorial Day is a federal holiday here, so Jason and my parents are all off, but people don't care if we clean, so I have to work. My boss arranged for us to be off around 3 or so, so at least I can still BBQ with my parents :)

Lynne-Oh I'm so glad it went so well, how awesome :) How encouraging for you!!

Michelle- Oh reality shows are so popular here! I feel like there's whole channels dedicated to them! Jason and I watch Survivor and some of the Gordon Ramesay cooking competitions, Masterchef in particular, but I know a lot of people who love the Amazing Race and Big Brother. What's a name day?
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

My weekend has taken a turn for the better. I'm now in a sort of good mood. I physically don't feel 100%; I walked outside and you can already feel the humidity building ahead of the weather that's supposed to move in tomorrow afternoon.

But outside of that, I'm better than I have been the past couple of days.

I'm going to take this moment to say that this weekend isn't just about barbecues and being one of the biggest motorsports weekends of the year. We should remember why we can do those things this weekend and remember the veterans who passed away fighting for freedom, those who are still with us, and those in the armed forces now. They died, have served, or are serving for us. Let's live for them and honor their memories.

I'll be back later :)

michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hi there!

Yesterday was the Eurovision Song Contest, in which participate all the European countries with a song and it is held every year in May. Usually, we have a gathering in order to watch it all together and comment on the songs, which is really fun, but this year we didn’t organize anything special. Greece ended up in the 19th place (out of 27 countries). There was also a guest-star appearance from Australia, which ended up in the 5th place!

Lynne wow, I like the concept of a book club! Who picks the books they are reading? Oh, and it’s so amazing that more people will get to know your heroes! Are you going to be in more book fairs? Is it possible when talking to teachers or parents to mention that you can visit schools in order to talk about the series, or having brochures with you that will mention that you hold school presentations?

Sarah, when Big Brother was shown here for the first time (15 years ago) was a huge hit and so, many channels aired their own shows. Now it seems to me that people got bored of the realities and that’s the reason why the channels won’t promote them anymore…

Guys, I didn’t know you didn’t celebrate your names! We do that in Greece in commemoration of the saint of whom we have been named after. Those with ancient Greek names and non-Christian names celebrate too, on a specific day that is called “of all saints”. We celebrate it exactly like birth day (minus the candles and the ageing :D ) but unlike birthday, everyone knows when your name day is, and of course all the people with the same name have their name day in the same day! We give presents and wishes and those who celebrate throw a party (or a BBQ!)

:)