Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Songbird »

Well, MM's swimming lesson last night wasn't great. They were SHOCKED that he's already been in lessons for a year, because he can't even do the basic strokes that he should have been able to do MONTHS ago. They did sign him right up though, so that's good. They apologized for the fact that he has to start at the beginning, but that's what we were expecting and that's why we were there...because his current lessons aren't teaching him anything. So he had his first lesson with them this morning and hubs said it went well. They pinpointed problems immediately that he needs to work on and he said that the pool where he can't stand up is already a really good thing. He also has 2 lessons a week at this pool instead of just one, and they are cheaper. This week is fall break, so he won't have a lesson on Wednesday, but Saturday a parent gets to swim WITH the kids, so that will be fun. I really hope this works out!!!
I am trying desperately to find some duocolor paper and it's not working! I had some (I need purple/lilac) and I got it out and now it's nowhere to be found. It's not with my craft stuff, it's not on the table, it's not where I was sitting....the only thing I can think of is that it slid under the couch. So I figured I'd just buy some more today and can't find it anywhere. We don't have a craft store here anymore and the book store that sells a few craft items didn't have it either. So I thought I'd look online and can't find purple. I found multipacks that have 2 sheets of purple/lilac which is what I need, but I would have to buy 3 packs to have enough, and then I have to pay almost as much in shipping as the paper costs....ridiculous. But I may HAVE to do it if I can't find it cheaper anywhere else and can't find my package of it. Wish me luck! I might look at the market Tuesday morning.

Lynne
, how's the new phone? I had a smartphone this summer while I was in the states and that thing was the bane of my existence! I was so glad to come back to my phone here that just calls. I can send texts, but I rarely do, and I can take pictures, but hardly ever do that either. The only thing I loved about the smartphone was being able to skype my kids at bedtime to sing to them. But I hope you end up LOVING yours! Most people do.
Yeah, I'm trying to remain calm about the bullying. What I'm worried about is that it will get worse if they talk to the girls because then they will think bug tattled, when it was a parent who told me she saw the one girl shove Bug. And Bug had mentioned the girls weren't being nice, but she didn't really make it sound too bad. With MM, I am not AS worried, because there are so many kids that have mentioned this kid as a bully, he can't really pinpoint who told, plus he's young enough that he might not think to make it worse. We will see.
I agree about reviews. It doesn't make sense...by all means, add it to your "want to read" list, or your wishlist...but don't RATE it or REVIEW it until you've read it. There are books that I thought sounded good and then I could hardly get through them. (The World According to Garp) Or books that I really didn't want to read and then ended up LOVING them. (The Host) I have the same problem with people trashing books they haven't read. Don't knock it until you've tried it!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today sucks weather wise--cold and rainy. It might barely make 45 degrees today. Just a taste of things to come, sadly. It is October, after all.

Other than that, my day's been OK. I haven't been up to much so far. At least I have something to look forward to next week with the employee breakfast and that I have the next 4 days off work.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I got my smart phone yesterday and I LOVE it!!! I got a Nokia 520 Lumia. I don't plan on using it to access the internet all that much, though. I'm the kind of person who thinks phones should be used for making calls and texts. But I'm loving the calendar on it! I was just thinking that I needed to get a diary to put in all my meetings for book clubs and signings, rather than just write them on our calendar in the kitchen. This has solved that problem effectively! :) I also have two customised ringtones. My general one is the sound of the TARDIS materialising (yes, I'm a geek) but for calls from Hubby I downloaded Bella's Lullaby.

Sean - I hope you enjoy your days off.

Songbird - I hope MM's swimming improves. I just got Little Man into some new lessons at school. He never seemed to progress much at the last swimming school we had him in, but he always seemed to find it difficult to grasp swimming. Hopefully he will do better now.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Not much up with me today, though I should be able to work on fan fic later tonight.

I'll also be reading and playing some VG stuff. I should note that on the Weather Channel's site that on the Thursday of my employee breakfast that it's now probable that it's going to snow that morning.

So that's about all that I'll have to do for tonight, as well as catch some stuff on TV later.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Whew, crazy busy weekend :) Saturday morning my boss and I cleaned the office building (to avoid the crazy guy at night) and then Jason and I went to an author speaking/signing of the comic Pearls Before Swine (or for those of you with kids, he wrote a really funny kids book called Timmy Failure). Then today we went into Seattle and had lunch thanks to a Groupon and then to Pike Place Market. I scored an awesome Twilight photo at a cool comic book store that I plan to frame and just enjoyed all the time with Jason. We've been so busy lately!

In car news, I found out the collision center sold/moved my car without my knowledge and I'm pretty mad. I never released it, so that means my insurance did it without my knowledge and now I have to get off work early and drive to the auction center and get the rest of my stuff out. I really hope to hear about the settlement tomorrow so we can move forward on everything!

Song-oh geeze, that sounds like it's been a rough go around for MM. I'm glad he's doing better at the new pool. I hope it works out for you :) Good luck finding your package of wallpaper! I like purple but Jason hates it so I can never have it around..maybe that's why I like the Lex so much! It's pretty!

Sorry about your kiddos, that breaks my heart. Seriously :(

Lynne-reminds me, I need to add The Crowne to my reading list. I haven't been reading much of anything the past two weeks, too tired and busy. I'm sure that will change Tuesday though!

Glad you like the smartphone. I'm addicted to mine, I love it. It's such a handy little tool and I love being able to take pictures when I'm out and about.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!

I had a great weekend at the convention but my legs are killing me right now. I'm happy to have a desk job today.
Now it's back to the real world again and I'll tell you it's bloody boring!!! Somehow realisation continues to grow in me that this life-style we all have created is insane.
We are all stuck in the set of rules a government has created for us, while they only exist because we allow them. We are working for somebody else, to make him (or her) rich while we keep paying. (taxes, houses, taxes over house, food, taxes over food, etc)

Anyway, that's why we plan fun things in the weekend right?

Susan, I'm sorry about your son's swimming lessons. I'm sure you are ver angry with his old teachers. Are you going to see if you can get some money back from that. At least I'd would file an official complaint.
I'm sorry your kids are being bullied. It's okay for your kid to be mellow and non-reactive to bullying. It's better than when she reacts. Then the girls who bully her will enjoy it even more. Just tell bug that those girls will probably end up badly while she can be what ever she want just because that's how fate works...
For your son. I'd talk to the mom of this bully after one of the meetings. don't go accusing her son of anything but just ask about if she hears about bullying in the class. Try making it a point of attention at these board meetings... She might actually start to notice that her son isn't the little darling she believes he is.

Lynne, GEEK!!!! hahahahaha... seriously the sound of Tardis as ringtone??? That's so awesome. I bet everybody recognizes it.
Awwwwwww... I love your hub's own little ringtone... I still have to make work of my ringtone. Mine right now is "The ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash.

Sarah, well that totally sucks for you that your car is totalled... Have you heard back from the insurance company yet?

Alright, work is calling...

See you girls later.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Went to sleep early last night and didn't get a lot done that I wanted to. At least I have today and tomorrow to work on stuff like fan fic and other stuff.

Not been up to too much so far today. At least it's warmer out and I should have some stuff planned for later tonight.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I've had a slow couple of days here. There hasn't been much going on. But now I've got to start getting ready for Saturday's book launch, so it's busy, busy, busy!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi, all! I'm having a pretty lazy afternoon after a busy morning. I got up and went to the doctor about the spot on my temple. (It looks like a big freckle, but it just appeared in the last few months and it itches, so I thought I'd better get it checked out) It's not anything dangerous, just a pigmented bit that's really dry, so he gave me a cream for it. So glad it's not a skin cancer or something. Then I went pants shopping for a new pair of black pants. I found a pair that I LOVED at one store, but they cost 90 Euros and I am NOT paying that much for a pair of pants. HALF that, I would pay, but it would be the top end of what I would spend for one pair. So I settled for a pair I like less, but they cost a third of what those other ones did.
The kids come back tonight from Oma and Opa's so I had to get everything done TODAY.
I also found my duo paper the other day...it WAS with my craft stuff, just under a box so I couldn't see it.

Lynne, how are the launch plans coming? I finished my second reading of The Crown the other day. I'm having fun with the discussions on Goodreads, too! It's so interesting hearing about the backstory and what drives the characters.

Marielle, I'm not really mad at MM's swimming teachers. They are doing what they can, but MM needs more, and he needs a pool where he can't stand up so he HAS to SWIM. It's not really THEIR fault. Other kids move on, and I've seen a couple of lessons and he really just isn't where the other kids are. They do take longer in general than this other pool, but they were all really good about helping Bug when she needed it, so I can't really be mad at them. It's just that it isn't the right situation for MM. And the people who work at the front desk...well, ONE of the people, is an idiot and gives the wrong info and I don't trust her, so I think it's just better to go to this other pool and see how we do there. If MM still has problems, then I know it has to do with his motor skills and we need to go to physical therapy.
Glad you had fun at the convention!! How did the kitties do?
I agree about the government. In the US right now, it's like the people we elect to represent aren't representing what's best for the people or the country, but what makes them richer and more powerful. It's sickening. It's so corrupt!

Sarah, did you get everything moved from your car? I'm sorry they moved it without authorization! How can they do that?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Yesterday I put a few things together for the book launch. I've written out all the theories everyone gave me and put them on big sheets of paper so that people at the launch can sign their names of the ones that they think are most likely. It will be interesting to see which ones people favour the most.

Today I'm working for our business this morning only, which is good, because Allegiant is on my Kindle!!!!! :D I'm about halfway through it. Hopefully, I'll finish it today.

Sarah - that's a pain about the car. I hope you managed to get all your stuff. Yes, I'm enjoying the smart phone. Please do add The Crown to your reading list, although one of my friends just abused me (jokingly) on Facebook because she was wearing mascara when she read it and it ran all over her face. Can imagine why. ;)

marielle - yes, I'm a geek. I admit it proudly. :D

Songbird - I'm glad that freckle is nothing serious. I'm also trying to get my friend Sarah to join you in the discussions about The Crown on Goodreads, now that she's finished it.