Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Worked from 10:00 to 5:00 yesterday, ran to the bank, cashed my paycheck, got grocheries and some stuff for the Pontiac (should be getting it by possibly Monday for a while), and got some Wendy's and watched some Ancient Aliens and F1 practice. By about midnight, I had enough for the day--I was spent.

I do have some plans on looking up some stuff and finally finishing chapter 10 of my fan fic, as well as watching the F1 race tonight. Hopefully I'll have the stamina for that, because yesterday was a pretty long day.

Everyone at Euro HH-con, enjoy your time there :)

And Lynne, enjoy your book launch :)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm a little worn out after yesterday's book launch. It went really well, though. I sold 9 copies of The Heir and 18 copies of The Crown. Everyone seemed really enthusiastic about them too. They're already looking forward to the book launch for The Reign, which will probably be in May. I'll be glad when it's out!

Sarah - because mine are only on my kindle, I'll probably just remove them. But it's going to be sad, because I was reading them so regularly. I was also planning to ask for a boxed set for Christmas, but I'm definitely not going to bother with that now. I don't need them on my shelf.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi all! This weekend has been really fun getting to meet some of the girls from the Lex. I didn't get to do a lot with them because of choir rehearsals and transportation, but it was really fun. We went out to dinner on Friday night and I got to spend longer than I thought I would, which was nice. Hubs dropped me off and took the kids to a movie and dinner at McDonalds, and it took longer than expected. Then he forgot Bug's jacket at the theater and they had to go back to get it. So I ended up getting to stay longer than I had thought. It's really amazing how, even though we've never met, and a couple of the girls were gone from here before I got here, we all chatted as though we've known each other for years. It wasn't awkward at all. Saturday I had choir rehearsal, which did NOT go as well as it should have for a concert that's only 2 weeks away. But I met up with the girls for a tour of a cheese factory after rehearsal and enjoyed the tour guide's mish-mash of English and Dutch that she THOUGHT was English. Wondering how much Susie and Trine actually understood since she kept talking about "fabric" which she MEANT "Fabriek" which is factory. If I didn't speak Dutch I would have been wondering what she was talking about with cloth. She also mentioned something about "Elf"...which is "eleven", but that they might have gotten from context. It was amusing though! Then we went grocery shopping and made dinner. Susie seemed to think Paula and I must have a hidden stash of something because we were giggling incessantly while we were cooking, but we were just having so much fun. And the pan we used for our chicken had apparently not been rinsed well, because the chicken tasted like dishwasher soap. So we were making all sorts of jokes about our "secret ingredient". The only downer to my weekend is that I've got a bit of a stomach bug, but it could be a lot worse. And most of the time I was having so much fun that it took my mind off the rumbly feeling in my stomach and I felt pretty decent until I was away from the action. Marielle was SUPER nice and took me to the bus stop in Borculo so I didn't have to transfer buses, which would have been a disaster anyway because the bus I would have had to take wasn't there by the time the bus I needed to transfer to left. So I would have missed the transfer and had to wait an hour for the next bus. I wish we had had longer than a weekend, and I didn't go back today because by the time I was ready and had taken the bus to get there, they all would have been getting ready to leave, and since I woke up feeling worse today than I have for the last 2 days, it was better for me to stay home. I hope everyone else has had a great weekend! We thought of you all while we were hanging out.

Lynne, that's great that you sold so many copies! Are you relieved to have the launch over with? Any signings coming up? (I loved your inscription to me in The Crown)

Sarah, I saw the pic of your new car. It looks nice! I hope you love it!
I haven't read the Divergent books, but we talked about them this weekend and I was thinking about getting them until I saw Lynne's comment. I'm sorry it didn't end the way you wanted it to. I'm guessing you wouldn't recommend them now? Or at least not the last one?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm working for our business today. Not much else happening. I'm getting ready for a busy November, though. I have a book signing and three book club visits next month. I'm trying to find as many as possible before Christmas! :D

Songbird - I'm glad you had such a good time at Euro-HHCon. It sounded like a blast. I'm looking forward to seeing photos. By the way, one of your theories scored the highest points at the book launch (it got the most votes) so this means you win a free copy of The Reign. Congrats! :) It was the theory that suggested that someone deliberately contacted Sarah when they were coming back. I'll just say here that it doesn't mean your theory is correct, just that the most people thought it was correct.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Ha! Very nice disclaimer there, Lynne! Thanks! That's awesome! I still plan to order a copy, though...maybe for a friend. I want you to get the sales.

I hope Susie made it home ok! We had a really bad storm here and I'm sure flights were being canceled. I think it was worse in the UK, but it made the news this morning and where I am it said it was "dangerous" conditions, but in the West they had hurricane winds and it said they had "emergency" weather. I thought our fence was going to blow over, but it managed to hold. Nasty though, and Susie was supposed to fly out today, so I hope she made it!!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone :)

It's yet another Seahawks game night here and Jason is happily watching here with his Dad..so I use the time to do whatever I want guilt free, considering I hurriedly picked up the house this afternoon.

It looks like everyone had a good time at Euro-HH Con! It was fun to see the pictures :)

I returned my rental car today..in case you didn't see on Facebook, I found a car last week, a Mistubishi Outlander, which is a small SUV/truck...though in hindsight, I could use a truck like Bella's..that thing would be a freaking tank! It's a relief to have it all done with.

Lynne-I'm so glad you did so well at the book signing! I'm still waiting a bit before starting another series. I'm slogging through the Hunger Games again but with a lot less interest. Allegiant took so much out of me..and I'm still watching the Divergent fan forum blow up. Someone is going to re-write the ending (Fan fiction) if you want me to pass it along to you when they're done?

Song-I'm so glad you got to see everyone!! I've given it some thought, since Desiree asked me the same thing and I think I would read the first two and just not the last book...make up your own ending :) It felt rushed and badly written.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry for not writing yesterday, but my sleep on Sunday got pretty screwed up.

I had a OK day at work. I now work four days this week instead of three, though, at least, they're shorter days. However, that does mean that I have to hope that I can call the taxi place tomorrow and see if they can re-do my schedule.

I now plan on looking up some stuff, watching a couple of shows on the Military Channel later, and maybe working on fan fic within the next 24 hours.

So I don't have too much going on now.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey everybody!

I'm a bit late coming here today. I had a busy day with lots of catchup stuff.

All this stuff about Allegiant has really got me worried about book three in my trilogy, The Reign. I'm worried the story isn't as good as I think it is. I wish the editors would hurry up and come back to me about any changes required (if any are required). I'm getting nervous waiting, and we don't have a lot of time. Not that I can think of a different way to do it anyway, but it's nerve-wracking waiting to hear.

Susan - thanks for the support. You're great. :)

Sarah - Yes, I don't blame you. I'm not sure I do want to read the fanfic version. It will depend how well done it is. Especially since I know it's not real anyway. *sigh*
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Haven't been up to too much so far today. I do have plans on looking up some stuff later and maybe working on fan fic. Things actually might be easier this week as far as scheduling stuff. I may be working more day, for it's for fewer hours each day, so that might help with getting some stuff done.

Other than that, though, not much has changed, though the weather is decently warm out now. However, it's supposed to start raining tonight. Go figure, it's fall...

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hope everyone is having a good day. Work went by quickly and I even got a nap today..such a rarity!

Lynne-I saw your comment on the Goodreads board about VR's blog..and while I read it and understand it to a point, I still disagree with it...I'm not sure I'll ever get over what happened. It helps me understand where she's coming from...but I still can't accept it!

And I know what you mean about it being fake..that's why I never could get into the Midnight Sun fan fic.