Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm working for Rochelle today, but from home. I'm basically just editing a book for five hours straight. It's hard to do that, especially since the novel I'm editing is a little frustrating. It's enjoyable, but it's set in colonial Australia, and the author's tried to reflect that in the dialogue, but has gone WAAAAAAAAY overboard with it.

Sarah - I'm glad you enjoyed Ender's Game. When I bought Divergent, it was a toss up between that and Ender's Game. I wonder if I should have jumped the other way ... Yes, I'm tempted to see the Divergent movie now, because it looks like they've done a great job with it, and that was a great book. Argh. Allegiant is a real thorn in my side.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today has been the best I've felt all week basically. Got everything I need for this weekend today, and I had a pretty good day at work. Tomorrow is my last day at work until the 27th, and it's my last day there "full time" until I get my new job.

At least I don't feel like throwing up and such, but I'm going to be trying to get to sleep early because I have a breakfast thing tomorrow morning and my last day of work for a while. Then on Monday I'll probably have an outing at some point during the day.

I hope that I'll have a good time during my break and I'll enjoy my new job when I get it.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I've got my book signing this morning. I'm trying not to feel too nervous about it. I just hope I sell a lot of books! :)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a good day at work today, and it was my last day there for a while. Problem is, I don't know what a while is. When I was told about the new job, it was supposed to be open in November, then I was told December, and now, it might not be open until January. That has been the most frustrating thing, as well as likely not being around a lot of my friends aside from an occasional visit to work for as much as a month in a half at least.

So that's kinda bittersweet, and to be honest, I don't know how I should feel about any of this right now. I'm happy to be away from the stress and things that irked me about my job, but the other things, I don't know how to feel about them.

I'll be watching F1 practice tonight and trying one of the new pizzas I bought last night. I'll also start to look up some stuff and work on fan fic again this weekend.

Hopefully when I get word on work, hopefully I'll be a bit better off than I am now.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Quiet evening for me, Jason is out with his friends, so I'm catching up on sleep and TV shows :) My pets are cuddled nearby even :)

This weekend should be relaxing, I hope anyway! We're going to our favorite locally owned pet store tomorrow to have Santa pictures taken with the pets, I'm pretty excited :) It's used as a fundraiser for their pet rescue, so all the money they raise from it goes to a great cause and we'll have some cute photos!

Lynne-I'm glad I got to 'meet' Tris and Tobias, but I don't think I'll ever get over how VR ended the series. She made a major major mistake and I think she's going to lose a lot of readers permanently because of it. I doubt I'll ever read anything else she writes because she's not above killing pretty much almost every major character that I loved-Will, Uriah, Tori, Tris. I understood Finnick's death in THR which was a hard take considering he and Annie have a baby later, but she didn't kill off Katniss or Peeta!! I still wished Haymitch would've gotten a bit happier but I guess I see why he didn't.

Ender's Game is a wonderful read. I didn't really understand why my English teacher made us read it back then but I'm glad she did. I got many happy hours from that series. I hope your book signing went well!!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi all! Hubs came back and brought a "man cold" with him. He was SOOOO grouchy. He's ok now though..usually he's not that bad when he's sick, but I think because it was late, he was tired, etc, it made it worse. But then he gave his cold to me. I told him next time he goes away, if he really feels he needs to bring me something, I'd prefer chocolate! It's not a bad cold, though. Just a scratchy throat and a stuffy nose.
Sinterklaas arrived today in the Netherlands. The kids are drawing pictures for him, to put in their shoes, in hopes of getting treats from him. We decorated the school the other night (we being the board I'm on, with the help of some other moms) and BOY are there some RUDE mommies! The chairman asked if anyone could draw...no one raised their hands. So I asked what she needed. She said just a crescent moon and some stars. Easy peezy...so I said I could do it. I draw out a star and cut out a couple to use as templates and this other mom that's tracing them out starts bashing the star...it's not even, it is ugly, that we'll just have "alternative" stars this year. I was sitting RIGHT NEXT TO HER. So I ask her if I did them wrong. She says "Oh! No ...no, they're fine!" then when she thinks I'm not looking, she rolls her eyes at the chairman and continued to lament how the stars didn't look good and weren't very pretty. I wanted to tell her next time she could do them her danged self. And for cripes sake, they were for a bulletin board in an elementary school. They don't need to be Martha Stewart perfect. I doubt people will be inspecting the decorations to make sure every star is perfectly symmetrical.
I'm very proud of myself. My washer stopped working. It would wash, but kept getting stuck on the spin cycle and wouldn't drain the water. So I asked the repairman and he told me to have hubs clean out the drain thingy, that it's a husband job. But hubs is not a handy man and I know if I ask him to do it, he's going to say "I'll look at it tomorrow" and then tomorrow he won't feel like it and 3 weeks later I'll still be doing laundry by hand in the bathtub. So I fixed it myself. Go me!!

Lynne
, how did the book signing go? Did you sell a lot of books?
Did you get the editing done on the one book? I didn't realize there was such a difference between colonial and modern Australian dialect.

Sarah, good luck with the santa photos! I've never heard of that...is it pretty popular there? Pets having photos with santa?

Sean, hope you are feeling better!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

For those of you who live in the midwest, keep an eye on the skies tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night. Some nasty weather might be rolling in over the next 36 hours or so.

As for me, I'm going to be doing my usual stuff today. Such as playing some games, looking up some stuff, and working on fan fic. And keeping an eye on the weather, too.

Stay safe everyone.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Well, I had my book signing yesterday. Hubby and Little Man drove me down and helped me get my stuff up there. I was VERY nervous. Fortunately, my books had arrived, but they had HEAPS of copies, like twenty of each, which made me more nervous, because there's one guy at this place who ALWAYS says, 'You're going to sell all of them, aren't you?' I think he's only joking, but it adds the pressure.

Anyway, I was there for five minutes before a woman came up to me. I recognised her as the mother of a 10 year old who's insanely crazy about The Heir (they used to go to my parents' church). She was in raptures over it and the woman bought a copy of The Crown for her daughter and a copy of The Heir for someone else.

By the time I'd been there an hour, I had sold three copies of each book! It was a bit slower for a while after that, but the sales seemed to come in waves. I worked hard at selling. There were a few people who were almost convinced, but just didn't make it over the line. Anyway, in the end, I sold 18 copies (I think. I kind of lost count at the end) 10 of The Heir and 8 of The Crown. The bookstore staff seemed really pleased, but I came home absolutely exhausted! But it was good to go so well. My father worked in the bookselling industry for over 30 years, and he said it's unusual for an unknown author to sell so many copies. In fact, many unknowns sell nothing at all at their signings!

Sean - have fun with the fan fic!

Songbird - it's nice that your Hubs is generous, but not with those kinds of things! ;) You're right, that woman was very rude. Next time, be sure to tell her to do it herself if she doesn't like the way you did it. What a cheek, when you volunteered because no one else would. Maybe they knew how she was likely to react. With the book, I haven't finished editing it yet, but I'll wait and see if Rochelle wants me to do any more. The way we use language is always changing, and I'm sure they spoke very differently back then, but it still has to be understandable to a modern audience. Anyway, this book also has a lot of problems with the plot, so it's been difficult to do it.

Sarah - I hope you enjoyed your quiet evening! Yes, VR will lose readers over this. I will never buy another book by her. I may still be convinced to see the movie version of Divergent, but I'm undecided as yet. I might wait and see what kind of reviews it gets.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Today was date night!! We headed to a steak house that has reasonably priced food, which was delicious..it was actually Outback Steakhouse, which I'm sure is nothing like Australia where Lynne is at :P it was still good, nonetheless, to hang out with Jason! Once he was happily fed, he took me to the mall and we browsed for Christmas present ideas for ourselves since my parents want ideas! Jason's birthday is in a week or so, so they need to know :) I picked out a few items and I'm fairly sure he bought a couple things for me :)

Lynne-I'm so glad it went so well!!!

I know what you mean about the movie, I'm intrigued..a store called Hot Topic (it's a chain here and sells gothic type clothes but also pop culture stuff) has a Divergent shirt with the faction symbols on the back..I was tempted to add it to my Christmas list but Jason discouraged it since he's watched me be in such a funk about Allegiant! I happily told him about your alternate ending, which really helped me have peace about the story..finally!!

Song-sorry hubs got you sick, yuck! I loved your post about MM and carrot cake. I LOVE carrot cake :)
The whole thing with Santa and pets I think is common here at pet stores, but we did it because it's a cute family photo (yes, I consider my pets my 'fur kiddos') and it's raising money for their pet rescue that they run. We already shop there because it's locally owned and they have good products, so I like to support them. Yay for Sinterklaas!!!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Some areas where some members live in are under a high risk for severe weather today. That includes Caryn (Indianapolis is in one of the higher risk areas), Sandy (Chicago), Ashley (who I'm pretty sure lives in Indiana right now), and anyone else who currently lives or is in Indiana, most of Illinois, and much of western Ohio.

Keep an eye on the Weather Channel, local media, and NOAA's Severe Weather Prediction Center's site today, that would be my advice for today.

As for me, I'm going to try and weather the storms, too (I'm in the moderate risk area, being just east of the higher risk areas for Ohio), and I'll be trying to keep myself occupied and trying to plan for a possibly outing with friends tomorrow.

Stay safe everyone :)