Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm a little stressed right now. There's a lot going on with us at the moment, but primarily today, I'm having a problem with Little Man's school.
His school sucks big time at communications. From the first day when I called them to try and get him in to Prep they didn't impress me in the communications department. Fortunately, they impressed in the learning department, so we decided to send him there. The school is within walking distance, so that was another factor in its favour. It is not a private school, as we can't afford something like that. It's government run. Anyway, there have been dramas all year with Little Man's class. He is one of only seven grade ones in this composite class, all of whom were put in that class because they were really smart. The other students are all grade twos, so it was hoped that they could advance further with that. However, there have been issues all year. The teacher was sick and off school for three weeks in the first term. She was regularly sick in the second term. She took two weeks long service leave in the third term, and in the second week of the fourth term she had a fall at school and was off for a few days. While these things in and of themselves are not necessarily anyone's fault, it has disrupted our children's learning. Not only that, every time something happened, we wouldn't be told about it, then we wouldn't be told what was happening, and it was so difficult to find anything out about what was going on, because the school sucks at communication.
A couple of mums visited the principal last week, and I sent him an email to back up what they said. Now they want a meeting with the parents, but they've scheduled it for next Monday morning, and I'm working, so I can't go, which has really annoyed me. I heard that Little Man's teacher was in tears the other day, which has upset me greatly, as my problem was not primarily with her. It's all so frustrating.

Songbird - it's interesting about MM and Bug and the crying. I used to be like that, and Little Man is too, although not quite to that extreme. He certainly gets upset if he feels he is falling behind in anything, even going up a flight of stairs with everyone else! I worry that he's going to have my anxiety problems, but I haven't done anything about it because I don't think we could afford whatever we had to do to help him. I'm just trying to teach him strategies that have helped me. Oh, and you don't have to do anything more for The Crown. You've been so helpful already. :)

Sarah - I hope the wedding goes well! I hope you can buy The Heir soon, and come on board for nanowrimo. It's helped me get the next novel underway.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I have some important news. Soon, I'll probably be taking leave of absence from work. I went there, felt uneasy and nervous right out of the box, and I called one of my friends from another building to talk to her about what's happening.

But here's how things are now: I already talked with Jenny (the friend mentioned) to Michelle (Renee's boss, because Renee was out of the office for a meeting, though I'll be talking to her) about a leave of absence, and it seems that it can be done for until I can start my new job or until I want to come back before hand.

I'm also interested in looking for a place of my own to rent or own that's small and cheap as far as spending a couple of days a week there to get away from work and home. I'm tired of being stuck at home so often with nothing to do and not having a lot of privacy, or just having a couple of days to spend at some place away from work and home.

And, also, I'll hopefully be seeing a doctor soon about my anxiety and depression stuff. This stuff has really been building on me for about a month now, and after having so many up and down cycles, I've about had my breaking point with that stuff.

And I have a couple of outings over the next 2-3 weeks, including one in Columbus. So that's something new.

Hopefully some things will be changing for the better soon.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Oh ugh. I put up a bad review of the restaurant where we went with Hubs' company outing and the lady at the restaurant saw it and contacted hubs' work about it. The people pleaser in me is ashamed since I wasn't the one paying for or dealing with the restaurant, and if this creates problems for hubs' work then that's not right. But, I didn't say ONE word that wasn't true and there were even more issues than the ones I wrote about, I had hubs read it over to make sure it was ok and not mean, and I don't think it's right for her to get angry at a bad review...if you don't want bad reviews, then don't be rude to your customers. I'm actually pretty angry that she contacted hubs' work about it...and it doesn't sound like it was to apologize about it but to complain that I wrote a bad review because hubs said the woman who planned the outing, who I really really like and is really super nice and worked hard to plan it, said she never expected me to write something like that. So it sounds like she thought I sounded mean and that I shouldn't have written it, and it sounds like it's caused some problems for them, which I never intended. But it was supposed to be anonymous...the only reason the lady at the restaurant figured it out was that there were a few particular instances that she must have remembered...like not wanting to take two steps to ask what the soup of the day was, or demanding to know who had ordered the one plate, which no one ordered. So she figured it out from those things. I feel bad for causing problems, but I stand by what I wrote. I never thought the woman would see it and I'm certainly not the only one who gave it a bad review...if you look at the site, there was only 1 review since March that WASN'T bad. I hate confrontation and I wish I had waited a while so it wouldn't have been immediately recognizable as our group. But really, how rude of the woman to complain about a bad review! If you look and see there are a ton of bad reviews for your service, then perhaps instead of getting angry at the people who wrote them, you should recognize the pattern and figure out that there must be something to it! I also find it interesting that suddenly in the last 24 hours, since the lady discovered my bad review, there are 5 brand new reviews that are all 9 and 10 ratings when there were only about 6 reviews in the last 6 months. So several bad reviews across a 6 or 7 month period, and then suddenly after the latest one, there are magically 5 new ones who rave about it. I have to wonder if she didn't just post a bunch of great reviews herself. Perhaps I shouldn't have posted a review since I WAS with a group and not just with hubs, but I wasn't the only one disappointed in it. And someone else mentioned that they were tempted to write a bad review about it. I'm just so upset that it reflected poorly on the company hubs works for.

Sean, good luck apartment hunting. I hope you can find something affordable.

Lynne, I hate it when schools don't communicate! It's so frustrating! What did they do while the teacher was out? Did they have different substitute teachers? The parents should really be notified if their child's teacher is going to be gone for a long time...especially with little kids! I understand that teachers get sick and things happen, but if it's happening so often, that's going to have an effect on the kids.
Yep, MM gets upset about stairs, too. We can't afford therapy, either, which is why they are trying to find away to get it paid for. A lot of therapies are covered by insurance, like physical therapy, speech therapy, etc...as long as it's a prescribed treatment to a diagnosed problem, but there's not really a "name" for this beyond "anxiety" and this team doesn't diagnose...they just analyse and give you advice about what you can try, so they can't prescribe treatment. But I really hope they can figure something out, because it's really causing him problems and I want to help him, but I can't.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm working for our business today, so at least it should be an easy day *touch wood*. Hopefully it will be.

Songbird - don't you feel guilty for putting up that review. That woman should learn to take the reviews and use them to make her business better. She has no place calling up your husband's workplace and complaining because SHE gave substandard service! I don't know if they have something like this over there, but there are places where you can report companies who are giving themselves fake glowing reviews. Check it out. I think it's highly likely that's what she's doing. She hasn't even done it in a smart way; to put so many up in such a short period of time is a dead giveaway.

Yes, it is frustrating about Little Man's school. They've scheduled a meeting for next Monday to talk to everyone about it, but I'm working so I can't go. :( I'm really annoyed about that.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Some updates. I'll be taking a leave of absence from work starting at the end of next week. This will last until I start my new position or until I see a doctor about my problems and get some other stuff sorted out. I might be out for a couple of weeks.

Plans are still being made for outings and one or two other things for me to do in the mean time. As for tonight, I have one thing that I need to work on before I get back online later. I don't know when I'll be back online or what else I have planned for tonight, but I'll be back sometime later tonight.

I'll be back soon :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone.

Not much really to report on my end..the wedding is in two days and thank God my dress fits!! Barely! But it fits :) Tomorrow is the rehearsal and I'm looking forward to it..it should be fun. Thankfully my BFF paired me with a mutual friend of ours that I know from high school, so it won't be too awkward! I've also been busily preparing for Jason's birthday, which of all days falls on Thanksgiving (the 28th) this year! He'll be 31 and I've been trying to figure out how to surprise him both for that and for Christmas. I tend to run out of ideas after a while!

Thanksgiving wise, we always go over to my parents because neither of Jason's parents ever want to cook, so they celebrate with their own siblings...that and my sister isn't coming up, (our extended family lives all over the country), so I wouldn't leave them alone anyway.

Lynne-sorry you're having trouble with MM. :/ Sounds so stressful! Why would they schedule a meeting during work hours? That doesn't make any sense.

Song-Good luck at your concert :) I wish I knew what to tell you about LM...it's hard to find ways to channel the excess stress, huh? Maybe a stress ball for when he feels like crying or something?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's Saturday today, and we don't have much on which is really good. I've got a book signing next Saturday, though. I'm already nervous about it!

Sarah - I love weddings, although it's been a while since I've been to one. I hope the one you're attending goes well. Why did they schedule the meeting during work hours? Not sure. Many of the mothers either don't work or work part time and I think they made it Monday because that's the day one particular mother has her day off, but she can't go either because she's got a doctor's appointment. In fact, only two or three people can go. I think they should reschedule.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry I didn't write yesterday, but I was physically feeling pretty nasty most of yesterday and I ran a few errands, so I was pretty much wiped out and didn't really feel too much like spending a lot of time online. I'm better today, at least.

I'll try and work on my fan fic during this three day weekend--I don't go into work Monday. Hopefully next week can end on a high note before I take my vacation leave from work. I also have an outing next week and possibly one a week or two later in Columbus.

Other than that, I don't have much to report on, though Audi did win the WEC race in China this morning and Jaclyn will probably like to know that a Scotsman will be bringing a WEC Driver's Championship trophy to Scotland :)

I'll be back later :)

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

It's Sunday morning here, and i'm feeling half asleep so I'd better go have a shower and wake myself up. Good morning, everyone!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hey everyone. I am going to try to keep this short because I'm still worn out from our show. It went really well, despite the horrible dress rehearsal, and I didn't make any major mistakes. Everyone really loved the show and the audience was enthusiastic and had great energy. It was a late night and my voice is still a bit tired today after singing all day yesterday, and my feet were KILLING me last night, but it was fun.

Sarah, how did the wedding go? Did you get into the dress ok?

Lynne, what do you get nervous for with a book signing? Is it public speaking, or the crowd, etc? I'm sure it will be fine.
Have they decided to change the meeting time at school since not many can make it?

Sean, hope you are feeling better.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ