Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I'm entirely sick of staring at my math study list so here I am! The weekend was busy-I went to a fair with my Mom and it was so much fun to see all the baby animals :) Sunday was a study at home day with Jason, which was nice. Monday I went to a book signing in the city for my favorite author, Sarah Dessen, I've been reading her books for ten years so it was exciting!

Marielle-glad to see you around to again and it sounds like you're doing good!

Lynne-how's hubbys arm doing? I know what you mean about if it's not one thing, it's another..that's life, isn't it? At your book signing will you have to talk about your book? I imagine how nerve wracking that would be!

Song-that is SO frustrating! After all that, they're switching your time! How annoying. At least Mr. Man is trying? I have terrible motor skills and swim very similarly to him ;) it's a good work out at the end of the day!

Alright, I'm forcing myself off of here to watch some videos about functions before Survivor. Catch ya all later!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

How is life???
Not much news to report from here. so I'll do the replies and be done with it for today.

Sarah, I really want to visit one of those state fairs in the US one day. I have seen a few on tv and they look so much fun. We do have the wish to travel through the States in the future so visiting a big fair is one of the must do's.
I'm doing okay. not every day is going as well as I hoped but I have to be patient.

Lynne, I don't know how much a place at a fair costs here. I think it's about the same price. it's a lot of money but I think that's why the publisher is doing it with a lot of writers. They split the costs. When exactly is the official release of your book?

Alright,
I'm off. my manager isn't in today and I have tons of work to catch up on.

:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

Sorry I've been MIA again, but we've been swamped with work and school, the kids' baseball games, basketball practices, and homework during the week, and attended my daughter's basketball tournaments the past three consecutive weekends. Her AAU travel team is playing well and has placed either 1st or 2nd in every tournament in which they've participated. They're playing very well and have improved as a team; but the best part is seeing how much fun the girls have spending time together, in spite of the fact that most of them attend different schools. They really seem to enjoy one another's company--going out to dinner after games, hanging out between games, acting silly in the hotel lobby as twelve and thirteen year old girls are prone to do. ;) Luckily the parents are very friendly, have positive attitudes, and everyone gets along, because we spend a lot of time together. :shock:

I've also been spending extra hours compiling photographs for and designing a photo book to give hubs when we celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary at the end of May. I'm not a very crafty person, but I want to give him a gift that's unique and heartfelt, and symbolizes the many years we've spent together (we married in 1993, but started dating as sophomores in college in 1987....."way back in the olden days", as my kids would say. :D I'm using the Snapfish website, and it's a fun but rather tedious project.
We didn't own a digital camera until just before our daughter was born in 2000, so the pictures depicting our life together before that time are all prints from 35mm film. Because our scanner is crappy, I found a company online that specialized in converting all kinds of film and photographs to the digital format. I mailed about 125 prints from our time together in college, to the early years of our marriage, through the first couple of years after our kids were born. They scanned the pictures and sent me a disk so I could upload the pictures onto the Snapfish website. I enjoyed going back through our old photos from twenty something years ago, althought it was rather time consuming, and was surpised I had so many from which to choose. I was also pleasantly surprised at how good the quality of the scanned versions of these prints appeared. Of course I'm trying to keep this entire project a surprise from hubs, so that's made things a little more difficult.....but I think it will all be worth it in the end. :)

Lynne~ Good luck with the book signings....you must be so excited, and I'm sure it all gets a little overwheming, at times. I'm sorry you injured your hand and glad to hear you're recovering, and thankful that nothing was fractured.

Sarah~ Good luck with your upcoming test and school work. It sounds as if you had a fun weekend and enjoyed the book signing.

Sean~ Sorry about your recent internet issues and hope everything was resolved quickly. How is work?

Songbird~ Sorry you've gone through all the issues with the swimming lessons and changing times, teachers, etc. It seems like they aren't very organized, are they? That's good that Mr. Man loves the water and lessons so much, and I bet his skill level will catch up soon enough.

Jaclyn~ Happy Anniversary to you both! I'm glad you had a nice relaxing weekend with good food and plenty of time to celebrate. I really think you two would like the TV show, Fringe, especially since you're X-Files fans. The chemistry and dynamic between Peter and Olivia is somewhat similar to that shared by Mulder and Scully, and that's a lot of what drew hubs and I to Fringe, in addition to the creepy sci-fi themes and vibe.

Marielle~ I hope you're feeling better and that you take it easy as you resume all your regular activities. I'm sorry you were in the hospital and hope they were able to regulate your medicines appropriately.

Sarah~ Sorry you've been dealing with the flu and hope you start to feel better soon.

Susie~ I meant to say this sooner, but better late than never.....I'm so glad the three of you were able to visit Daughter Dear and had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. Has hubs had any more luck with his job interviews? How's the writing coming along?

Ashley~ Congratulations on your college acceptances! Which school in New York will you be attending? A girl from our church attends FIT in New York City, I believe? I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your great-grandfather and will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We had Anzac Day here yesterday. That's sort of like Remembrance Day, as it celebrates those who have died in fighting wars, but it is held on 25th April because that was the day in 1915 that the ANZACs, The Australian and New Zealand Army Corp, landed at Gallipoli during World War I. Many of them were killed, including my great uncle. So it was a sombre day yesterday. We also spent the afternoon helping a friend tidy up her garden, which was hard with Hubby's sore arm and my sore hand!

Today I am just working for Rochelle. Not much on, but I'm trying to keep up with everything I have to do for the book launch.

Sarah - Hubby's arm is a little better and my hand is almost healed. I still can't write longhand though. I will have to talk a little about the book at the book signings. I'm not too bad at talking about it, it's approaching people in the first place that I find difficult.

marielle - it's released on 1st June. Yes, it would make sense to split that kind of cost.

Tracy - I'm glad your daughter's AAU team is doing so well. That photo book sounds like a great idea. We were thinking of doing something like that for Hubby's parents. Yes, it's annoying when you have to get a lot of old photos scanned, isn't it? It's so time consuming to do it yourself. I'm glad that company was able to do a good job for you.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a great day at work, but I was pretty much out of it by the time I got home. So after I ate, I went to sleep for a few hours.

Aside from that, I don't have much exiting planned. I have some steaks thawing in the refrigerator and I hope to maybe make them later on. I have a WEC video that I also hope to watch tonight, but that depends on how things go with timing. I have to be up early tomorrow (not like today, but still a bit early) so I can get my paycheck and cash it before work.

After that, though, I don't know exactly what I want to do, aside from some grocery shopping tomorrow after work. I guess that I'll make up the rest as I go.

I'll be back later :)

Update: Hi again everyone.

I did manage to write about 2-3 pages in my fan fic, so I was able to get that done tonight and give me a bit of a head start for this weekend. I have a WEC video to watch soon and I have some steaks to cook. I might not get them all eaten tonight for sure, but at least it gives me something ready-made to eat this weekend.

That's my bit of an update, and I've been able to get that done and out of the way unexpectedly.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I am sooooo worn out! Yesterday I took the kids to school , then I got groceries and went to the gym, did my workout, came home and took a quick shower and picked the kids up. Bug is going to the other 1st grade (groep 3) class for reading since she’s advanced, and it was that teacher’s birthday, so Bug asked if we could make a present to take back after lunch. We made one of those things you hang from a zipper or whatever, went back to school, and then I had to go with one of the other mothers in the OR (like the PTA in the US) to buy chips and juice boxes for all the kids after they got back from their Royal Family scavenger hunt today. We went by bike, and the other mother had a trailer on her bike and we went to turn into the parking lot and I was on the inside, so I was trying to cut it short to leave her room to get around me with the trailer, only I cut it TOO short and my pedal caught on the curb and down I went. I have a lovely bruise. And there were about 20 teenage witnesses to my downfall, who of course thought it was hilarious, which I found embarrassing. But we got the stuff, took it back to the school and had to count out what we needed for each class and take it to the classrooms, and the other mother was having some sort of a low blood sugar thing, so I got to carry all 240 juice boxes myself. Then I picked the kids up and we came home, I got to sit for about an hour and then I had to start making dinner. I found some sort of wormy thing in the tortillas, that TOTALLY grossed me out, so I threw them out and fortunately had another package on hand, finished dinner and then I had to go to a Soprano II sectional for my choir and didn’t get home until 11. Then today I had to help out at the school with the festivities surrounding the passing down of the crown to Prince Willem-Alexander. All the kids got breakfast, so I was helping with the younger kids by making sandwiches and pouring drinks and such, then they did the “fox hunt”, which was basically teachers dressed up as members of the Dutch Royal Family, and we were divided into groups with a parent or 2 per group and we had to go look for these people. Only it started raining. No....POURING. I had a rain coat on, but my legs and feet were SOAKED. I wasn’t even signed up to do it, but the mother I went to the store with yesterday asked me to help her because she can’t read a map and didn’t want to get lost. So I went with her, but our group was mostly 4-5 year olds who were slow, and she kept walking so far ahead they couldn’t keep up, so I was walking behind trying to speed up the stragglers, and she was completely illogical about it, so we ended up covering the same ground 3 times and never did find one of the people we were supposed to be looking for. We came back at the time we were supposed to be back by and everyone was wondering where we were because everyone had been back for ages, INCLUDING the people we were supposed to be looking for. So we were out there in the pouring rain, with soaked and crying children looking for people who had already given up and left. Very grouchy about that. Apparently, the principal and some other staff were all out there looking for US. I am SOOOO glad to be home, in nice warm, dry clothing and I feel SO bad for the kids that were soaked to the skin in our group. I had missed the instructions because I was helping with the breakfast, so I didn’t hear what they told the parents who were leading the groups, but the mother I was with had said we weren’t supposed to come back until at least 11:15. It was just not a good day for being outside. And now my allergies are REALLY acting up.

So, now that I’m done whining to you all, on to posts!

Sarah, sounds like you’ve been having fun!! I’d love to meet one of my favorite authors. That would be so cool! Was she like you thought she’d be?

Marielle, how are you feeling? Are you used to the new meds yet? Is your BF taking good care of you?

Tracy, thanks for checking in! Good that your daughter’s team is playing well, and it sounds like they are good sportsman, too, which I think is so important and seems to be so lacking in some places!
What a great idea for a gift for your hubs! I bet he will LOVE it.!

Lynne, did you ever meet your great uncle? I’m guessing not since you said WWI? Or am I reading it wrong?

Sean, glad you had a good day at work. That’s always nice.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Today is Hubby's 37th birthday. We're going to his parent's place for morning tea this morning, and to my parents' place tomorrow afternoon. Lots of cake!

Yesterday the dog behaviouralist came to see Harry. She said, much to my relief, that he doesn't have an aggression problem. He just gets excited when he sees another dog on our walk and when I try to drag him away he thinks it's a problem so starts barking a little aggressively then. She said what he really needs is more mental stimulation. She said (fortunately) that ten minutes a day can be enough. I hope so. I don't have a lot of time to think up amazing games for him to play, but she's given me an idea for a few simple ones involving food treats (he will do ANYTHING for food!) so hopefully that will help.

Songbird - That was one heck of a day you had! No, I never met Uncle Joseph. He died in 1915 and I'm not quite that old! I do have a photo, though.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm pretty tired and out of it right now. I just don't feel that good and I'm kinda drained. I have a doctor's appointment next Thursday and I'm expecting the worst.

I planned on working on fan fic tonight but I'm not sure if I'm going to get to it. I was hoping to finish the chapter that I was working on, starting a new one, and going back to a story that I hadn't worked on for a very long time and adding a chapter to it, since it's only a few chapters away from being done. At least I have the rest of the weekend to work on them.

I'm just kinda meh and tired right now. At least the rest of the weekend will be nice and there's going to be no more of this cold crap very soon.

I'll be back later
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I know that I'll probably be regretting this later, but I'm thinking of watching at least part of the NASCAR race tonight. You guys probably won't want to know about my opinions on NASCAR, but considering that I'm a pretty big sportscar fan (at least right now), that should say something. Only good sort of good thing to really come out of NASCAR is that last night someone got kicked in the family jewels during a pit road scuffle--I'm not kidding, that actually happened. Other than that, I've been rather unamused. I'd rather go though hell to dig out my Twilight novels (which I have stored in a box that's buried under all kinds of crap) and read them.

Probably a good excuse to work on some fan fic. I have a couple of things that I'd like to do. Finish the current chapter, which is nearing completion (where the current main antagonist proves to be an embarrassment to whoever's pulling his strings), work on a new chapter (where one of my OC's gets to kick some you know what), and a chapter from an old story that I never got around to finishing that features one of my OC's as the main character throughout the story.

I also plan on maybe finishing watching those WEC Silverstone videos this weekend, too. At least today has by and large gone better than yesterday.

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Happy Saturday everybody!

This morning I went off to try on bridesmaid dresses for my best friends wedding (different girl than the maid of honor I previously talked about) and can I just rant for a quick sec? I totally totally hate that she chose the same dress for all of us..and that I am by far the curviest girl in the bunch. There's always one, the poor curvy chick that is biggest the rest..and that's me. It's sad! All of her friends are tiny, very skinny naturally..and then there's me, who has curves! Plus I'm chubby from getting married, I'm a good 30lbs over weight at the moment, so this is just..ugh.

Anyway, after that I stopped by my store and got a new purse since I had coupons, so somehow in a weird way that makes me feel better. And I dragged hubby out grocery shopping so I didn't have to go alone :)

Tracy-wow, sounds like you're busy! Congrats to your daughter doing so well :) I love the photo book idea, what a great gift!

Lynne-thanks for explaining what Anzac day was..I had some other Aussie friends who celebrated it so I was confused! How'd hubs birthday go?

Dogs are confusing, aren't they? My dog is similar except he cries when he sees someone else since he really wants to play!

Song-oh my goodness, your day sounds crazy! I have such sympathy for you! And yes, Sarah Dessen was wonderful..very down to earth and real just like she is on Twitter and Facebook :)

Hi Marielle!!! Hope you're feeling better!