Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's my last session at the high school today. I'm going to miss it. It was really fun. It's good that they've seemed to enjoy it too. Hopefully I'll be able to do more of these.

My father had a knee replacement operation yesterday. I haven't heard how he's going yet, but hopefully it was a success and will relieve him of a lot of his pain.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

It really doesn't feel like a Wednesday since my boss totally re-did the schedule to group everyone together in the same neighborhoods so everything is all mixed up...it'll take some time to get used to the new schedule I think. It's not bad so far, it's just different. I'm getting increasingly concerned about my boss though, she's 7 months pregnant and she hasn't found a new person to start training yet to take over for her. Not to mention the business is exploding and we're going to need a 3rd person to help at this rate. It's a good problem to have, just tiring.

Lynne-I can't stand people who don't pay for things when they're supposed to. It once took us months to get payment from a client for a clean we did and I just don't like it, especially when it affects small businesses.

Oh, okay. That's very different than things here, but that does explain why MM is on breaks so often :)

Forks is really nice :) If you ever get this way, do let me know!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Follow up from yesterday, Loic Duval is fine after his accident aside from some minor cuts and bruises, though he's sitting out the rest of the weekend on the advice of doctors from Audi Sport and the ACO. He'll be replaced for the rest of the weekend by Marc Gene, a former LM winner who has driven for Audi since 2012 with success.

Here's an image of the accident in progress and shows how lucky Loic was to not be seriously injured or worse:

http://cdn.images.au.../1402572129.jpg

As for me, I don't have too much planned for today. Mostly looking up some stuff, gaming, and making some dinner, which tonight might be chicken nachos. I finally made my shake and bake chicken last night and it turned out pretty good. Other than that, I only have to endure one more day--until Sunday--of humidity and/or heat. And I'll try and get a hold of my mom and let her know about my returning to work.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I had the last of my sessions at the school yesterday, and I must confess I was a little disappointed at the end of it. I only sold one set of my books (although one of the girls has bought The Heir on Kindle). I had also asked the kids if they'd mind writing a testimonial about my course that I could use in promotions. I'd done up a permission form for their parents to sign so that I could use their first names and ages, but although two gave me back the signed permission forms, no one seemed to realise that they needed to write a testimonial too! Also, at the end I talked to them about how they could help me out by telling other people about the course and my books and they all looked at me blankly, as if they had no interest in anything to do with me now that I was not helping them learn how to write anymore. I tried to encourage them to help any small time authors that they liked, but I honestly didn't think they cared too much. It was depressing. The guy who'd arranged all this wasn't there either and I'd wanted to talk to him about his testimonial. I also haven't been paid yet, although it's only been a week so I'm not hugely worried about that at this stage.

Sarah - I hope your boss sorts out something soon! Yes, not being paid is annoying. I hope I don't end up adding this school to the list.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I feel a bit tired and run down today. The 24 Hours of Le Mans in on tomorrow, though I'm not sure if I'll watch all of it. It's been getting harder and harder for me to watch it every year the past few years. I just don't have the energy to stay up and watch it, and combined with the fact that I have to go back into work Monday, means that I might not watch the whole race.

I have some plans for doing some gaming and stuff later today. I don't know what I'll be having for dinner and such yet, or what I'll be doing tonight aside from some gaming stuff.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's Satuday here and we've got a quiet weekend, which is good. All houseguests have now gone!

Rochelle had an open night at her new office last night so that any local authors of hers could come and see it. I went along and it was great to see some ladies who I haven't seen in a while (one of whom bought copies of my second and third books!). We were chatting about things and Rochelle mentioned that apparently Sally (one of our workers) was at a publishers' convention recently and was told that fantasy books (a la Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter) are out now and no one is publishing them. My new manuscript has some of these kinds of themes, although it is also a little future distopian, and I can also make it more of that. It seems that contemporary (a la Fault in our Stars) and memoirs (good news for our Susie) are now in. Trouble is, I rarely have any ideas in this area so it has me worried about what I'm going to do as a writer.

Also, one of my friends contacted me in a panic yesterday. She'd seen the ad for the new Wachowski film, Jupiter Ascending, which apparently has some very similar themes to my trilogy. She was jumping up and down and telling me they'd ripped me off! I reassured her that these were not uncommon themes and there were probably quite a few books out there that shared them, and that this film had probably been in pre-production long before The Heir was released. It was a little disconcerting though, to think that they'd beaten me to the punch. The likelihood that The Heir will ever be filmed now is low (not that it was great before) although I keep reminding myself that both Twilight and The Vampire Diaries have been filmed for some media and they have similar themes, so I guess even the Wachowskis' film doesn't make it impossible. The worry is if people will think I copied them!

My father also had his knee operation this week and is in hospital recovering. He says that this knee replacement hurts less than the last one. Hopefully it will mean he will heal sooner.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

Quiet weekend ahead of me, with the exception of a BBQ at my parents house tomorrow night. It's a rare thing to actually do stuff with both my parents on the weekend since my Dad usually works and has days off during the week. Hopefully the weather clears up for it! Father's Day is Sunday here, so I'm glad we're able to do something as a family. I've got the latest book by Emily Giffin to start though so I'm guessing a quiet weekend is good.

Lynne-that's frustrating it sort of looks like you might be copying someone :/ Do you know how many copies you've sold? I'm sure you're glad to have a quiet weekend after all the house guests you've had.

I think that books tend to cycle through various themes..when Twilight became such a success everyone freaked and tried to get a slice of the money and then the market got saturated. I took a film history class in college and it talked a bit about stuff like that which fascinates me! I don't think I've ever really thought about trying to write for a specific genre in the overall YA genre.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Just letting everyone know that because of Le Mans and such, I won't be on much until sometime Sunday. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi all! I got my voice back, but I'm still not really able to sing. It feels strained and uncomfortable and my pitch is kind of wobbly. But soon, I'll be back to normal. We're doing a BBQ tomorrow for Father's Day. It should be pretty decent weather for it. Not too hot, but not cold either, and it is supposed to be dry. Paula is coming to visit me on Tuesday. We met at the HH Con here in the Netherlands and she doesn't live TOO far from me, so we're getting together for a morning and hanging out. We got along so well before and I'm excited to see her again.
Other than that, I'm just trying to avoid all the soccer mania going on at the moment. Rather a difficult thing to do.
Good news, I don't remember if I already posted it, but I don't think I did. Hubs called the child psychologist to see how much longer it will be and they said it should be 2 or 3 weeks and they will be calling to make the first appointment. I am so ready to get started!!

Sarah, your trip looked like so much fun! I hope I'll be able to go there someday!
I hope your boss gets someone new trained SOON!! If I were her, I'd be freaking out myself!
Yes, I finally took over the headband after her 6th attempt failed and she got really frustrated. So I did it myself. It took me 3 or 4 hours, but it is made and she wore it for 2 days and it has now resided on the couch ever since. But she has been looming up a storm. She's made a few of her own designs now and she's doing the advanced category bracelets and has made some for friends and for her brother. We got him his own loom because he wanted one, but he put the bands on it and then handed it to her to do the work because he couldn't get the hang of it, or rather didn't feel like it.

Lynne, I'm sorry they haven't paid you yet, but I'm sure it's coming. And it's nice to have some visitors, even if the reason isn't that great. Is he a good house guest? One of my friends has her MIL staying with her right now and the MIL is driving them CRAZY making snide comments about everything from my friend's garden to her health. She has a LOT of health issues and has been in and out of the hospital for the past year and had a session with the pain clinic just the other day and the MIL said on the way home that the one she really felt bad for was her son for having to drive her all the way to the hospital and back for her pain clinic. She has no compassion for the massive pain her Daughter-in-law is suffering every day, but that drive to the hospital must be so terrible. :? Then she got up and made coffee for herself and her son, but didn't even offer anything to my friend. (My friend is on disability and her husband is her carer, so he is the one who would normally set the coffee, so it was probably kind of a hint to her that she wasn't being a good hostess because she didn't make coffee for her MIL, who then had to make it herself so she didn't have to inconvenience her precious son like SHE does every day) Hopefully your house guests have behaved themselves better, though I would assume that as it's not a MIL, they probably have. I think In-laws make the worst house guests in general. There's always going to be a certain amount of competition for the affection of the spouse\child and also about the house keeping. I hope some day when my kids are married, I don't make their spouses miserable when I come to visit!
I finished re-reading The Heir today and I'm going to start on the Crown again. Once I get through the series, I'll do a review of The Reign, which I haven't done yet because I was waiting until I re-read the first 2 books.

Sean, enjoy Le Mans!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there, everyone!

I have a quiet, normal Sunday today, and that's just fine by me! We did a big clean of all the windows yesterday now that I've got some cloths that clean them properly, and everything looks so much better!

Sarah - I hope you have a good Fathers' Day. We have it in September. I know, we're strange. Yes, it is a bit frustrating, but if the movie becomes popular I can talk to people who like about my book, so it could be helpful. I've sold about 500 copes of The Heir, about 200 of The Crown, and I'm not sure about the latest one. I'd like to sell more and I'll keep trying!

Susan - I'm glad you've got your voice back, and hopefully it will be back in full force soon. It will be good to get in for those psychologist visits. Hopefully they'll go really well. I went to see the lady in the bookstore on Friday and she said that she's been sick and her daughter had been sick and the bank wouldn't give her a new chequebook. I smiled and nodded. She promised to get something done next week. I will follow it up if I don't hear from her. Yes, my houseguests were all very well behaved. I can't wait to read your review of The Reign! :)