Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'll be checking out the proceedings from COTA today, and I'll be hopefully doing some gaming later. I finally had some decent sleep for the first time in about a couple of weeks. Other than that, I don't really have much to update on yet.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

You might have seen on Facebook that I posted a link to a news report. Yesterday Hubby was driving home from a shoot when he noticed a stack of police cars in front of a house about five minutes' drive away. There were police swarming all over the place. They had arrested the occupants, who have been accused of being a terrorist cell who had plans to abduct a member of the public and behead them. There were arrests in two other suburbs within about thirty minutes' drive, and also in Sydney. This has really freaked me out. It was bad enough watching this when it was happening in Iraq. Having people planning this living not too far away is terrifying.

Today the power is being switch off in our street for a few hours so we will be going to my parents' place to try and get a good bit of cleaning done. We just have a couple more rooms to do and then we will be finished.

Sarah - Yes, Mockingjay was an intense story so the movies should be the same. I'm not anticipating it being lighthearted!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Just breezing by! Not much going on with me, nothing of interest to say.. :)

Lynne-I saw that posted all over our news, I can't believe it was so close to you!! How terrifying :(
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Here's the update from COTA. Audi ran 1-2 in practice 1, and 2-4 in practice 2 which was nearly washed out.

Some photos:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 771&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 191&type=1

And those are the best photos I have right now.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

School holidays start today for the next two weeks. I have a few things I'm planning to do with Little Man, so hopefully it will keep us both busy. We got a lot done at my parents' place yesterday. We might go back for just an hour or two this afternoon and fix a couple more things up but we're all set to have the photos of the house shot next Monday and hopefully the house will have its first open for inspection next Saturday.

Sarah - yeah, it was scary. I'm trying to be rational about it, but my brain thing always kicks in in situations like this. My husband, ever the voice of reason, reminded me I was more likely to have a car accident than be kidnapped by terrorists. Not sure that helped that much, actually. I don't want to have a car accident either! :D
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a pretty good day today, only issue I had was that Audi didn't score the pole or 1-2 starting positions for the COTA WEC event. In fact, it was Toyota, who had seemingly run like junk in most of the previous practice sessions, that got the pole. Granted, it was only one Toyota that was fast--the #7 will still only start 5th, sandwiched between both Audis, which had electronic issues in qualifying that took off their edge after dominating during the practice sessions.

I now had a good solution for getting me to work on time now and I only have one week of work scheduled, but that's because they're hoping to start training me on the scanning stuff.

I plan on watching F1 practice later tonight and one other show before I do some gaming and finish looking up some stuff.

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I won't be on much until after midnight because of the WEC race in a couple of hours.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We've FINALLY finished cleaning my parents' house. Well, not really. There are still other things that could be done but we're out of time and it's good enough to attract a buyer now, we think. That's a good thing because I don't know if I could have done anymore. Today we thought we were going to have to help my in-laws who are also doing up their investment property for sale, but they've said they don't need us, so we're just having a quiet day today. That's nice.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

And now a proper post :)

Audi did get a 1-2 finish tonight in Austin, but they had to work for it--the #2 Audi had to run down the #14 Porsche which was on a different pit stop sequence, and the #8 Toyota recovered to finish 3rd. But Audi now lead the WEC Manufacturers' Championship and the #2 team took a big chunk out of the #8 Toyota's lead in the Drivers' title. I can't wait for highlights videos and photos from the race in the coming days.

As for me, well, I probably should sneak in a nap before I finish doing dishes and have some actual dinner. I'll probably have a bowl of cereal before I get some sleep.

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

It's been a good weekend, with lots of socialization which always helps me blow off steam. I like being able to catch up with my girlfriends and see my parents in my free time. I even had a coupon for a free Build-A-Bear :)

In other random news, I won a meet and greet with Nick Jonas from the Jonas Brothers. It was a random entry but I'm pretty excited I won since I loved the Jo Bros before they broke up.

Lynne-yay so glad you're finished!! I know it's been so much work. All the terrorist stuff makes me nervous as well considering our borders aren't exactly secure..ugh. But that's another conversation...