Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Long work day today and I had to come home and work on the house, as our landlord is swinging by tomorrow and I want the house to look good. Thankfully Jason cooked dinner and helped me clean so I could relax a little and catch a live Hanson concert on Yahoo. I'm definitely looking forward to Friday!

Lynne-5 hours a day sounds good, wouldn't that be when LM is in school? I'm sure it's hard to balance your career as an author and running the house etc but also needing to bring in more money..so stressful :/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I got the job. It's good in a way but I'm really scared. It doesn't help that the boss lady, when I went for the interview, said, 'I hope you can handle bluntness as a lot of us tend to be blunt here.' I've been known to be blunt myself, but it's not great when you're in an interview and someone is trying to prepare you to be offended if you work for them! It turns out though, that she'll be paying me a little more than Rochelle did, which is a bonus. The money will definitely be good. Sad to say, that is the real reason I took this job. I don't want to work at all ... except on my books or private editing jobs. But I have no choice.

On a more positive note, at the moment I'm doing a proofread on everybody's work in the anthology I'm in. It's scheduled for release in November some time. So far all the stories in it are great!

By the way, a discussion topic has been created here on the gender-swapping version of Twilight and there are people actually visiting it!!!!! I thought I'd let you know in case you want to comment.

Sarah
- Glad you had time to relax. You're a Hanson fan? Sad to say, they were a little after my time! Yes, my hours are while Little Man is in school, giving me enough time to get home and pick him up.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I'm so relieved it's Friday..it's been a crazy work week so I visited the library after work, as it's always so relaxing :) I have no real plans for the weekend and that's okay by me.

I entered in the Lex's give away for the new Twilight book. I still can't quite wrap my mind around it, the gender flip, but if I win I'll have to read it. I'm still mad about Stephenie deciding not to release Midnight Sun due to that silly Shades of Grey book, Grey. Ugghhhhhh. If she had just finished it and then released it well before that book came out, it wouldn't have been an issue. Everyone knows SoG started as a Twilight fan fic anyway!

Lynne-oh congrats! I so understand where you're coming from, I wish I could help!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Apologies for my absence recently. I've been pretty busy with a lot of stuff the past couple of days. I didn't go on my hiking outing on Thursday; it was cancelled. However, instead, I'll be going to Columbus on a trip with some friends. I have some money saved up so I can buy something at a book store if I can find it or order it.

I've also been busy following the FIA WEC race from Japan that will be on tonight. Audi have modified their cars and their performance is on par with Porsche in terms of pure performance and they're looking a lot better in terms of performance this weekend compared to the last couple of races.

Audi Media Center and Michelin Le Mans Live's Flickr and Facebook pages have photos of the new Audis and other cars that are racing this weekend.

Also, I've been on a bit of a fall/Halloween kick, going so far as to use images of Lydia Deetz from the Beetlejuice animated series as my forum avatar (long term) and as my Facebook profile pic (at least until the end of October). I grew up with that show as a kid and I always liked Lydia in the cartoon. And now that I got some photo stuff figured out, I'm using images of her for the stuff that I've mentioned.

So that's what I've had going on recently.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm leading Sunday School at church today. I hate doing it but we all need to take turns. I hope it goes okay. Then we're going to my in-laws' place to celebrate Hubby's Nana's 93rd birthday. Looking forward to that. Hopefully it will take my mind off my new job for a while.

Sarah - yes, if it was Midnight Sun, I would have been in line for it. Hopefully she will get back to it at some time. I'm at least reasonably enthused that she did try it, even though she stopped again. Hopefully, when she see the negative reaction to this one, she might bite the bullet and try again.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I did a little work for my father in laws accounting firm and then met up with a friend for lunch. I also tried to get my Mom to read The Hunger Games but she turned me down :P

Lynne-Good luck with Sunday School, hope it went well. I volunteered for years at my old church and it's what made me think I'd be good at teaching :P
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

This morning I'm not working, so it's a good opportunity to get a few things done. I will be working next Monday even though the city has decided it's going to be a pupil free day, which means there'll be no school. But I can't exactly tell my new boss that I can't come in on the first Monday I'm supposed to work, so I'll have to find someone else to look after Little Man. It's particularly bad timing.

Sarah - Sunday School went quite well. The kids seemed to enjoy what I did. Does your mum read YA books generally? Maybe she thinks those ones in particular would be a bit much for her.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Not much going on today..the Seahawks lost in overtime which always makes Jason cranky so I read for a good chunk of the day, went browsing for new clothes for Jason, and made some muffins. Low key weekends are always nice.

Lynne-oh how stressful :/ I'm glad you have a good support group that can help with LM. And no, strangely enough my Mom isn't much a reader anymore. She was great at reading to me as kid but it takes a lot to grab her interest these days. She won't even try my beloved Twilight :P
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I start the new job tomorrow and I think I'm feeling slightly less nervous than I was before, but still worried. The biggest problem is exactly how bad the traffic's going to be. I should mostly be going against the flow, but at that time of the day, it's usually pretty busy. I'm hoping it won't take too long to get there.

I've found someone who can look after Little Man on Monday. He'll be going to a friend's place for the day. Phew!

Sarah - I like low key weekends! Our next weekend should be an easy one. It's a pity your mum isn't a reader anymore. I went through a phase like that. Hopefully, she'll try the right book before long and that will restart her love of reading.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Happy Monday! Mondays are becoming cleaning days! I cleaned out our coat closet and started the rather large project of cleaning out Jason's office/dumping room. I'm also listing DVDs on eBay, just to get rid of the things we don't watch. I'm totally over it with clutter.

Lynne-Maybe you could try driving there one day this week just to see how traffic is like when you leave? Starting a new job is scary but I'm sure you'll do great!