Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey folks!

We had a lovely day for the picnic yesterday. It was quite warm, actually, for this time of year. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful drive. Unfortunately, then I got home and discovered my first one star review for The Heir. :( It was from a girl at a Twilight fanfiction site who I sent a free copy to because I needed some people who didn't know me to do some reviews. She was one of several there who got one. Everyone else there has been positive about the book so far, but I guess it's inevitable that some people are not going to get it.

Suzan - thanks for that. Reviews a most welcomed, especially if they're good! Yes, that bit is a bit painful. It was interesting to write it. I hope you have fun this weekend.

Songbird - hope the BBQ went well.

Sarah - absolutely!

marielle - I'm glad your health is improving. I'm not sure how sales are going just yet. I might have a better idea when I get my first royalty statement, which won't be until August.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a good day at work, but I've kinda felt like crap today pretty much all day. I felt like every time that I'd move, I felt like vomiting. I feel a little better now, but not much, and I don't think that I'm up to eating tonight.

I already watched a NASCAR race, and then I'll be watching F1 practice, but aside from that, I don't think that I'll be up to much tonight. I have an ALMS race to watch, and possibly another NASCAR race later tomorrow. But right now, I'm not feeling too good. After F1 practice is over, I'll probably be going to sleep for the night.

Hopefully tomorrow night sometime I'll be able to work on my fan fic and a few other things.

Songbird: My father is supposed to work on the Pontiac, but right now, he's got a boat that he's rebuilding the engine for sitting in front of his garage. So that has to be dealt with before he can work on the car.

Marielle: That accident at Le Mans was a bad one; the whole chassis of the car was distorted, and it seems (though no official findings have been publicly released yet) that the car struck a tree behind the guardrail after said guardrail was damaged in the initial impact. And damaged guardrail was a theme of the entire race, as most of the 5.5 hours of caution was due to guardrail replacement. At least Audi won, though this is probably the last Le Mans (between finding it harder and harder to do each year and with Speed Channel becoming Fox Sports 1) I'll be able to see live without taking a break from watching it.

Susan: If you can do that, I'll be cool with it :) And I have seen the Paris photos and Kristen looked to be pretty happy and healthy, and IMO she's looked better than she has in quite a while. Maybe some of the Twilight Saga stuff--and I hate to say it because of how much the films mean to me--ending has helped both her and Rob out, and they both have plenty of interesting stuff in the pipeline.

At least business here in the HH has picked up a bit today :)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Another flyby..crazy busy day getting ready for my Dad's air show/car show event, passing out flyers all over town :) Tomorrow I'll be working the event with my Mom, just to support my Dad and his new company...I'm bringing Eclipse to read if it gets quiet though.

I leave you all with a gift:

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Sarah - thanks for the gift!

We have church at our place this morning, but Hubby wanted to go out yesterday, so I'll need to clean the house this morning before everyone comes, so I'd better get on to it!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today has been pretty good so far. Watched the ALMS race, and I'll be keeping tabs on the NASCAR race tonight.

My big plan for tonight is to finish a fan fic chapter and work on one I just got back from a beta. That's the main thing that I'm gonna try and work on tonight. Other than that, I'll have to wait and see as far as any other activities that I'll be doing tonight, as well as what I'll be eating for dinner. I am feeling better today, so I'll be thinking of that soon.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

Hello...

I wasn't sure if people still posted in here or not. Glad to see this place is still alive. I can't wait to get real internet again (instead of using my phone) so I can try coming back on here. I'll also have to start going on the FB HH just to try to keep up. Ha. Welp I hope everyone is doing okay. And that you even remember me. LOL. I'm gonna get going now, since it is after 1am. Love you all! Miss you lots! *smooches* <3

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Whew, it feels hot today! I'm sure it's not as bad as some of you guys have it...I've got the fan going and it's perfectly comfortable, so it could be a lot worse. I like nice weather, but I can't handle the sun beating down on me. I feel like my body doesn't regulate temperature well...maybe I should talk to my doctor about it to rule out medical things. But if it's warm outside, it makes me feel nauseous. But if I do a workout, I get overheated too fast, but as soon as I'm done, my body temp drops and then I can't warm up. It's crazy!

Suzan, Have a great time this weekend!! What did you decide to do for the Bachelorette party?
Thanks for the website!! I will have to see if they have the one Longmire episode that Levidia.ch doesn't have. If you ever run into something that your site doesn't have, check out levidia. The most reliable ones I have found are from Wootly, so if it offers several different hosts, I always look for Wootly. And like you said, you get a few pop ups, but I've never had a virus from it, nor has hubs, and he watches TONS of movies there.
Are you up for a Dutch HH girls day out, as Marielle suggested? Maybe in October or so?

Lynne, that must have been very hard to come back to. But really, I don't think that's a very reliable review since she didn't read the whole thing. I don't think it will have a negative impact on your sales. Everyone who actually READ it gave it a great review....people will see that. I always look at the overall rating, then go look at the most negative ones to see what their issues were. If I ever saw one like that where someone admitted to not even reading halfway, I would consider it invalid and I would give it a chance.
The BBQ was great. It went LATE...We didn't start home until after midnight. One of the girls brought a guitar, so we had a fire pit and did a singalong around the fire after we had all eaten. A lot of people got a bit....happy (wine, beer) and we had a group of 5 of us to bike home together and three of them were pretty drunk, so they were singing 80s songs and giggling profusely the whole way home. I don't like wine or beer, and I didn't want to drink anything with the prospect of having to stay upright on a bicycle anyway, so I hadn't had any alcohol and just got to laugh at how funny they all were.

Sean, well, I hope your father gets the boat dealt with soon! The car seems more urgent as it's something you use pretty much daily, unlike a boat!

Sarah, thanks for the gift!! Hope the air/car show goes well! What does your dad do? Or is this a hobby thing?

Hi DarkMuse! I remember you, but I can't remember your name off the top of my head. Welcome home!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I haven't been up to too much so far today. I didn't get to work on much last night because I wasn't feeling good and I went to sleep early last night because of that.

At some point later tonight, I hope to work on my fan fic and few other things (I did get to everything else I wanted to work on last night).

But other than that, I haven't really been up to too much so far today. I'll probably check back in later to update what I've been up to.

Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hey!
The bachelorette party was so much fun! I'm exhausted though. So I'll leave you with a quick:
Happy Stewart Sunday!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there, everyone!

Little Man is back at school today, and I'm working for Rochelle today. Other than that, things are pretty quiet.

Songbird - Yeah, I do agree with that. I don't think it's a good idea to leave a review of a book that you didn't finish, no matter how bad it was. I'm glad you had a great time at the barbecue!