Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Today I'll be working a bit more on pre-prep for the relaunch of my editing business. Oh, I hope I can get some sales out of it!
On a negative note, it doesn't look like I'll be able to get in to either Comic Con or Supernova, as it seems they only let self-published authors into artists' alley. Because I'm traditionally published, Rochelle would have to be an exhibitor, which is a lot more expensive. She can't afford that, especially since she only has a handful of titles in that area, so it's not going to happen. On a more positive note, it looks like I might have found a new bookstore for a signing. We'll see what happens.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

It's been a busy few days with my sister and niece here! Yesterday we went to big craft today that is Christian owned and they have the best home decor. My sister bought me new scrap booking stuff as an early birthday present, since it's coming up in a next week and I bought her something for her house since her birthday was just a few days ago :) Today my Mom, sister, and I took my niece, Mia, who is five to a jumpy castle place inside our local mall. It's nice just to hang out, though little kids have way more energy than I remembered!

They're going up to see my brother in law's family on Tuesday, but they'll come back next Sunday and leave on the 4th so it's a good long visit!

Lynne-I didn't even think about you getting into Comic Con, sorry :/. Hope the new book store will work out! I'm so glad you have at least one day a week with Rochelle!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yesterday sucked.

About a month ago, we noticed that my verindon.com site wasn't functioning. The domain name registration had expired but we didn't realise that the email notification for that site was still to the email addresses connected to our old business, which we don't use anymore. When we realised it wasn't working, Hubby contacted the company to see if we could get it back. We were told it was in the redemption phase and it would cost $150. This meant that I had to pay a lot to get it back before it was back in the general pool and everyone could get it. Once there, it would only cost about $11. Hubby thought it wasn't worth it because who would possibly have a use for a site called verindon.com?
Well, it seems someone does. We tried them again yesterday to see if we could pick it up. It's been purchased by someone else! :rant: The only reason is probably because they're hoping to screw money out of me by selling it back to me for an exorbitant amount. Like that's going to happen! I have no money!
Anyway, this now means my t-shirts are worthless. Fortunately, there are few decent sized ones left. I also spent a lot of yesterday removing the verindon.com name from all my social media. I've also found some old labels and I've printed out my www.lynnestringer.com website address and I will go through and cover all the old website addresses on all my bookmarks. That is the most time-consuming part of this exercise, but I will do it.
In a way, this may be for the best. I couldn't have maintained it long term anyway. I just wish I could have had it for another year.

Sarah - that craft thing sounds fun!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

Not much going on here, just work :) It'll be nice to get back into a routine again, as much as I love having family around.

Lynne-oh my gosh, that is so frustrating!! I can't believe someone would buy your domain name :( At least you can direct people to your author page and Facebook right?
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'll be spending part of today with a friend of mine. It'll be hot and humid, but I'll try and balance that out by spending time in places that are air conditioned. I'll also be visiting the bird sanctuary. I'll also be trying to keep up a bit with a test that's going on at the Nurburgring in Germany. Day one was yesterday but was largely a washout. Today is predicted to be mostly dry.

I'll be trying to find something to eat that I can make quickly and get in a nap before I go out today.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Well, talk about ups and downs!

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it here (If I had, it would have been a while ago) but before I wrote The Heir I wrote a screenplay. In fact, one of the reasons I wrote The Heir was to amuse me while I was trying to find a buyer for the screenplay (which never happened). Unlike my novels, it's based on a true story of something that happened to the Salvation Army back in 1885 when they tried to have laws changed in order to protect young girls from being raped. It's commonly known as the Maiden Tribute Affair and was a very dramatic event.

The screenplay hasn't been touched in five years. However, yesterday I received an email from my father. He's written a two volume biography on William Booth, the founder of the Salvation Army, and it was he who encouraged me to write the screenplay in the first place. Although he's never been part of the Salvation Army, he's a recognised authority on their origins and has many friends in the church. Well, yesterday he got an email from one of his Salvo friends who'd just got back from a visit to England, and he said that the London head office for the church is looking at making a film on the Maiden Tribute Affair and he remember that my father said I'd written something on it once.

Now, I have no idea if they're intending to make a full-length feature film (which is what my script is) or if they want something smaller, or if they'll even like what I've done, but I've sent him the screenplay to pass on to them. Hopefully something will come of it. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, though.

Sarah - yes, I can direct people to my lynnestringer website and my Facebook stuff. I'm currently going through all my bookmarks and putting labels with my lynnetringer.com site over verindon.com.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Quiet here ...

Haven't heard anything from the guy who I sent the manuscript to.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

Quiet few days on my end, just work, as my sister is gone until Sunday. They will spend a few days with us and leave on Tuesday and life should settle down again for a little while :)

I've been busily reading some new Christian fiction I've found by Kristina McGee. Very light and easy, which is what I want right now so I can de-stress :)

Lynne-whoa, that is awesome!! I really really hope something comes of that for you, that would be amazing! I'm sure it'll take some time for him to get back to you.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Tomorrow Little Man's school is having a fair and I'm running a secondhand book stall. I'll have some of my books there too but I don't know if I'll sell anything. We'll see. I've got loads of books of all kinds. Yesterday I was going through them and picked out a few for Little Man (yes, I will pay for them!). It was nice to get him some books I know he'll enjoy but not have to pay very much.

Sarah - I'm glad you've got some great new reads. It's always a good thing. Yes, I know it will take him a while to get back to me, but it would have been nice of him to shoot me an email to let me know he got them. Hopefully I'll hear something soon.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Crazy work day but Jason cooked dinner tonight which was great :) It's going to be in the 90s for the foreseeable future and I heard today that Seattle hit a record for the most consecutive days above 90 degrees, wow! We got a decent rain/hail/thunder storm on Sunday but of course, it's not enough to do anything about our drought.

Lynne-oooh I love second hand books! There's a few good shops here and I love shopping them, though I do a lot of my current reading from my library's online section. I have to really love a book to buy it since I re-read them all probably once a year or more, although we do have a decent collection for our future kids :)