Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Songbird - no, sorry. The only blue are the navy blue no sleeve ones. I'm kind of ripped off about that - I wanted a blue shirt! I'll try signing it, I'm just not sure if I've got a pen that won't run. So maybe it's better I just sign the book.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Happy Memorial Day :)

I still yet have to make any definite plans for tonight aside from catching Man Lab on BBC America. I still haven't figured out what I want to eat for dinner or anything like that. I also slept in today longer than I had originally hoped, but then again, yesterday was a long day.

Now I have to prepare for it to get warm again. This weekend was pretty good weather-wise, but now it's supposed to get hot and possibly humid again--there are thunderstorms forecasted most of the days this week until the weekend, so that's a sign of increasing humidity levels.

Other than that, I've been doing OK. I do head back to work tomorrow. My schedule is a bit strange--12-2 tomorrow, off Wed, 9:30-1:30 Thurs and 2-5 Friday. At least I'll appreciate the extra sleep on Friday LOL. Big issue is that I have a Doctor's appointment that I'm trying to have scheduled for Thursday, and I need to have it after work or on another date possibly. I hope that something can get worked out.

Songbird: Our neighbor knew that we kept cats and they looked like some of ours, and because we were worried about them, we took them in. I don't know how old they are, but they're only a big larger than the other kittens that we have.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

This morning I was the guest author at a literary day at Little Man's school. I got to read three kids' books to the children. There were also some 'dignitaries' (a police officer, a local politician and a couple of others) there and I got to tell everyone about my book. One of the dads who was there bought a copy (I had a couple with me) and two high school girls, who were helping at the event, asked about the book. I'd done up order forms with the cover of the book and the blurb from the back on them, so I was able to give each of them a copy of the order form so that they've got all the info they need. I also wore the long sleeved black 'The Heir' t-shirt. Everything seemed to go pretty well!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey everybody!!

As you saw on fb I'm back!! My holiday was great. I needed the break away from everything and the warmth.
Tomorrow it's back at work... :( so not in the mood for dealing with work.

Anyway, La Palma Island was great. We stayed at a luxurious hotel, not all in as that was too expensive and when your not all in you tend to get the better stuff because you pay for it. however we had sea view rooms and saw whales and dolphins swimming by regularly. which was awesome!!
We did a few hikes because the island really is hikers paradise. My health wasn't an issue all that much. my mom and I booked ourselves a few relaxing days at the pool. we even paid a bit more to have an massage. that was nice.
we also went sailing but my mom and I got really sea sick so they had to take us back to shore with a small speedboat halfway the dolphin excursion. My mom did try it again a few days later, they gave her a medicine that really worked. she did enjoy it more that time.

Okay, so I was just dropping in to say hello. I'll be back posting regularly from the end of this week but a can't promise daily posts as work will be terribly busy...

Ann-marie, It might be better that they find out what you have, even if it's bi-polar syndrome. Than at least they can help you, with counseling or medication. You'll feel a lot better when you know what you have and why you have these mood swings. also bi-polar is something you can live with pretty well. you just need to be set on the right track. You know we will help you and support you where we can.

Hello to Lynne, Sean, Susan and Sarah for keeping this thread alive!!!!

On an other note, I had to take my cat Garfield to the vet again this afternoon. He got sick in the cat hotel with the same thing that he had before we left but it wasn't a hair ball. Apparently my cat has a bowel issue and gets all shut off. He is feeling really bad right now and has bad cramps. He got new meds and different (very expensive) food... I hope he feels better soon...

alright that's it for today...
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm working for our business today, and then this afternoon I'm going to try and find some decorations for the book launch on Saturday. It's all happening!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a good day at work, considering that I'm still doing mostly wretched document shredding. That's the only part of my job that I absolutely don't like. I still have confidence problems on the phone and with talking with people in the lobby, but I've been told that I'm doing fine with that, so I persevere. But the shredding really sucks because I have to take the documents, pull out staples and paper clips, and then stand over a droning machine that every few minutes I either have to compact the stuff or change out the bag of clips in it. Not really physically demanding, but boring, tedious, and it feels like I don't get much done. I'll be glad when they change over to the digitized document stuff soon.

Aside from that, I had some tacos from Taco Bell, and I plan on doing some VG stuff, finishing off the WEC videos, and maybe working on fan fic tonight.

And right now, I have a fan blowing on me and I'm in a tank top and shorts, because it's supposed to get hot and humid starting today. And to think that less than a week ago the temperature during the day didn't even get above 60 degrees. I wonder whoever/whatever controls the weather is on some type of illegal psychedelic drugs or is just some type of demented psychopath.

But those are my plans for tonight, basically. However, I do have to add that I'm gonna grill up some chicken again, but this time try it with A1 steak sauce. My brother bought a bottle of it today to try with his steaks, but he said why buy it when he's probably only gonna use it once. I said that maybe he could try it on a hamburger, and he said that it might go well with chicken, so I'm gonna try that. Hey, it's gotta be better than just frying them, and with this friggin' humidity crap, I don't feel like standing over and electric skillet anyways :)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

I miss this place!!!

Oh Dear, Sweet Lexicon!

So sorry to be MIA for so long, folks! I'm almost finished with the first draft of my book and then I'll be back on more of a regular basis. My husband is still using my laptop for his job search, so every chance I get on the computer has been used to work on my book.

I can't wait to catch up with you all!

Affectionately,

Susie
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

The Heir is at my boss's house! I'm working tomorrow instead of Friday so we can start fixing up the orders. I will be signing copies tomorrow and they should be posted on Monday. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

A Big Congratulations to Lynne!

What a happy day for you!

I'll have to get my ducks in a row and order an e-copy.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

YAY, LYNNE!!! That's super exciting!!

Sean, I thought you liked the monotonous stuff like filing, photocopying etc? Or does that not extend to shredding? It sounds like you are doing pretty well with your job though, so that's a good thing.
I had a dream last night that we found 2 little baby kittens and in the dream I was thinking "There must be something about the Lex...Sean just took on 2 little kittens, too...I'll have to tell him about these babies!" And then I woke up and realized I probably dreamed it BECAUSE of your new kittens.

Marielle, Welcome back!!! So good to see you! I'm sorry about Garfield. I know I've heard of that before, though I think it was a dog in that case. I hope he feels better soon!

Susie, Thanks for stopping by! I hope your book is done soon because we miss you! Of course we understand that the book has to come first, but I think we'll all be happy to see more of you!

MM went to play with a friend today and I had to go pick him up...man his friend's mom drives me NUTS!! She's one of those moms who is convinced her child is so special and better than everyone else's, due to her superior parenting. She ends up insulting you every 5 seconds and I don't even think she knows how offensive she is. Like...I go to pick MM up and she says "Oh, did you walk the whole way?" and I said yes, but it's not that far and she proceeds to tell me that it's very odd that MM doesn't know how to ride a bike without training wheels as HER son has been doing it since he was 2 and a half, and she supposes that's the difference between Americans and Dutch people...Dutch people learn much faster and ride bikes more. Well, yes, you do...we have snow and ice on the ground for 9 months out of the year back home, which is not conducive to using a bike as transportation...plus our towns are small enough that you can generally walk everywhere and if you need to go out of town, the closest town is probably an hour or more away by car...also not conducive to biking. So then she asks me if MM gets to move on to group 3 (first grade) next year, and I say yes and she looks surprised and then says "Oh that's pretty good considering how young he is. He's almost a year younger than Tim. I thought maybe because he doesn't speak that well in Dutch they'd hold him back." Which is HILARIOUS because MM speaks Dutch extremely well and scored high on all his tests and can already read, unlike Tim who is as she said, almost a year older. And that's not to say that Tim is a dumb kid or anything, just that there is NO problem with MM's Dutch...he's actually advanced. And she says " It's probably because he also speaks English, so he has 2 vocabularies, but I definitely notice a BIG difference between Tim and him. It's probably good that they play together so he can learn from Tim." So I tell her that his teachers say he he has no problems with Dutch, he can read and do math and scored high on his tests and the only issue his teachers have is his fine motor skills, but we had him tested and the physical therapist said he's too good to warrant treatment and that his issue is probably just because he IS so young. (he's the youngest in his class...kids have to do 2 years of kindergarten, starting on their 4th birthday, but because of where his birthday falls, he's just in time for the cut-off to move on, so he actually only does a year and a half) So she says "Oh, Tim has VERY good motor skills. He can help MM. Can MM swim? Tim already has his A AND B diplomas!" Then as we're leaving, she tells me MM was speaking to her in English, which I have a hard time believing because he doesn't do that. He understands everything in English, but he doesn't usually answer me in English and he certainly doesn't speak to OTHER people in English when they are speaking Dutch to him....but whatever. So I said "Oh really? He usually doesn't SPEAK English himself...he understands it spoken to him, but he doesn't speak it back" and she says "Well, he did to me...maybe because I'm very open to children in general and they sense that." She just makes me want to punch her in the mouth and I'm not usually a violent person. -I- know there's nothing wrong with my kids, and that I'm not "closed off" or anything, but I just feel like she is insulting me and I want to defend myself, but I also know she's just so dense that she really doesn't even know she's doing it. She takes all her son's bad behavior (like running off without her on the way to school, including crossing a busy street. or refusing to wear a jacket when it's cold outside) as a sign that he's so advanced and needs more independence. "He's just so darned smart and he SHOULD have been allowed to go on to the next grade already, but the school wouldn't listen to me." Perhaps that's because he's not so advanced as you THINK he is. I don't think he's BELOW average or anything, but he's your average 6 year old kid and she paints it like he's at the level of a 9 year old and the school just won't let him move on because of his age. But there is one boy in Bug's class who is actually a couple of weeks YOUNGER than Tim, and they let HIM move on. So obviously it has nothing to do with his age. Anyway...bah, I'm just glad to be home now. That woman makes me want to scream!! It's FINE to brag on your kids' accomplishments...we're all proud of our kids, of course! But when you are putting OTHER people and their children down in the process, it's NOT ok. But I don't know how to clue her in without being offensive myself, and I refuse to stoop to that level. When my kids do something well, I'll shout it from the rooftops, but I'm not going to around telling other people how much BETTER my kids are. Every kid is different, has strengths and weaknesses and we SHOULD be proud of them at whatever level they are, but you don't need to insult everyone else in the process. Bug's advanced at reading, but she is slow with things like swimming and riding her bike. That doesn't make her better or worse than any other kid her age...it's just where SHE is. But this woman comes across as though her child has no weaknesses and is advanced in EVERY area...she's like Lady Catherine de Bourgh, but with a sort of "dotty" manner and she's not rich, just condescending.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ