Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

We're getting a guy in to paint our stairwell today. We've been putting it off because it's quite hight(we live in a two storey house) and so it's hard to get to the high parts. This guy is quite reasonably priced so we thought it was worth our while to have him come in and do it for us.

Sean - i'm glad you're feeling better.

Sarah - I hope you enjoy Mockingjay Pt 1. I'm looking forward to hearing your take on it.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry for not posting yesterday, but I was a bit tired and I was hoping for my brother and I to make it out to the bank before it closed. We decided not to go and wait until later this morning.

I'll be withdrawing my wages from my bank account, getting some stuff from Walmart (mostly snacks, since Thanksgiving is only a few days away), and getting a pizza from Pizza Hut--pepperoni and banana peppers with marinara dipping sauce.

It's cold and rainy here, but considering how cold it was, that's a good thing this time around, and over the next few nights, we'll actually let the stove burn out overnight to save on wood. Then it'll cool down to "normal", then warm up again first week of December. But even "normal" is a lot better than insane cold we've had all week here.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Yesterday Jason and I saw Mockingjay Pt. 1 and we turned into it a real date, with dinner beforehand, which is fun because there's rarely something we both want to see in theaters. The last movie we saw was Breaking Dawn two years ago! I've seen a few with other people, like Ender's Game since I loved the book as well as The Fault in Our Stars. Jason's not a big movie fan but we do love watching stuff on Netflix.

Movie review: I thought it was great. I thought it was well done, both acting and directing, and I'm probably in the minority who loves that they split the book in half. I wanted to see the extras, the things from Snow and Coin's point of view. Getting to see the rescue scene from Gale's point of view was crazy intense (I loved how they showed some of the hijacking tools) but I loved it. I was surprised they didn't cut off when he's choking her but I liked the ending, where she's just devastated about the boy she loves being turned into such a twisted version of himself. I'm definitely not sure if I can handle Part 2 in theaters because Part 1 was so intense but I'm really glad they didn't show too much of Peeta being actively tortured.

And Lynne, Finnick's story happened during the rescue to hopefully distract Snow etc because he and Katniss are so desperate to do something to help because they were both stressed throughout the rescue..in the book they didn't have footage of it. They also didn't air The Hanging Tree bit in the book but I liked how they did it in the movie. I loved seeing the the rebellion from the other district's point of view.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We have church this morning and our first visit as a family to my parents' place since they moved in. Our stairwell's looking much fresher with its new paint, which is great.

Sarah - I'm glad you liked Mockingjay Pt 1. i think you probably liked it a little more than me. I think Pt 2 is likely to be better because most of it is third act. It wil be interesting to see how they do it. I was relieved about the Peeta thing too.
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hi guys!

I really want to open the Mockingjay spoilers but I won’t do it!

Did you see the winners for the twilight stories? I hope they will do a great job with the characters. Today I read in the official rules that “the submission may not include Edward, Bella, Renee, Renesmee or Jacob as characters”. And I thought we would get to see Edward again… :blush:

Lynne, I am curious: is there a specified amount of time you must complete editing? Is this prearranged? And what if the book needs a lot of editing and you are not ready on time?

Sarah and Sean, I hear almost daily in the news about the weather -the snow- in the States. I even learnt that apart from New York City there is a New York State – it’s like the Washington State vs Washington DC (you know where I've learnt that from :D ), right?
TwilightFan87 wrote:Michelle-I keep forgetting to vote! The one night I did it let me vote once for 3 different people..so I voted for Alice, Esme, and Carlisle.
Sarah, I did the same the first time, but then there was a message at the top of the page saying that the last choice made is the one they will count. :)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm doing some more editing for Rochelle today. I'm hoping I'll get the book finished. It would be good. A friend of ours from church just had a baby who has some medical challenges, and I was hoping to have a free day on Wednesday so I can pop around and see if she needs help.

Michelle - I usually only give them an approximate time. I might say, 'I should have this done in three weeks.' I usually overestimate anyway so that I'll definitely finish ahead of time. If I do run late, I would just tell them I needed a bit longer. I haven't yet encountered anyone who's so desperate that they're unwilling to wait another week if it means I'm not rushed. That's a shame about Edward and Bella not being in those submissions, but I must admit I don't think I could handle seeing anyone else play Edward and there's no way Rob would do it.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Good weekend as we head into Thanksgiving this Thursday along with a short work week, which means my work schedule gets crazy but we're going to have three of us cleaning instead of the usual 2 so I'm thinking it won't be as bad :) this year my parents opted to order a turkey breast rather than going to the trouble of cooking a big turkey for the 4 of us and I'm looking forward to spending more time on the side dishes and desserts. My parents recently went all organic and sugar free so it makes everything a bit more complicated but should be much healthier! :)

Lynne-I'm a bit surprised by the mixed reviews of Mockingjay because I really think it would've been way too rushed if they'd jammed the entire book into movie. Allegiant being split made no sense to me considering how slow paced and repetitive that book was (I think we discussed this at length previously).

Michelle-I wouldn't be able to do much geography for Greece, so it's great you can do a little for the US! New York is a state, with New York City being world famous of course :) Washington, as you know, doesn't get that much snow west of the mountains but the eastern side does. Forks is on the west side and fairly close to the coast as you know. I'm about 3.5 hours away from it, so right in the middle between the coast and the mountains.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I have a relatively quiet day today with just grocery shopping and not much else. It's supposed to be really warm again today but the hot weather should break by the end of the week, thank goodness.

Sarah - boy, you do sound busy! Hope you get through it okay. No, I've never thought Mockingjay deserved two movies and while I will reserve my judgement until I see part 2, I think part 1 did drag a little, although not as much as I was anticipating. No, Allegiant shouldn't have two movies either!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Been pretty busy with work and Thanksgiving stuff, so that's why I haven't been posting as much.

I had an outing today to pick up a Barn Owl book from the library, a Twister DVD, and I visited a shelter for cats. I'd like to eventually adopt one someday. I'll also visit the humane society in a couple of weeks to look at their cats, since I have a big outing in Columbus next Tuesday.

Hopefully soon I'll also have a photo or two to post of a Brazilian themed Audi R18 that will be raced in Sao Paulo this weekend. Hopefully they'll be some photos over the next day or so.

Other than that, I just have to do some final things with getting ready for Thanksgiving and such.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm having a book party on Saturday, but unfortunately, not many people are coming. I think I will have five. I wish I had more friends who liked books! It's hard being one of the few who does.

Other than that, today I'm going to pick up the books for the party, then I'm going to see a lady from our church who's just had a baby with health issues. The little bub will be okay over time she just has some more challenges than normal children.