Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

It's Friday today and I'm working for our business. Then in the afternoon, it will be back to the computer to try and work out which website I pay to help get the word out that the kindle version of The Heir is going to be on sale for the month of February for only .99c! There are sites that advertise cheap ebooks. I've signed up to a lot of the free ones but I probably need to do a few of the paid ones as well. If you guys want to help me spread the word via your friends and Facebook, I'd appreciate that.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone,

Just a fly by since I haven't been around much this week, I just at least wanted to say hi!

Lynne-can't wait to buy The Heir :) Good luck advertising!!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Yesterday was kinda a bust. I had to cancel my outing because of weather and such, and I didn't do too much, either, because I wasn't feeling well.

At least today I get paid and get some money to spend, plenty in fact.

So I have that to look forward to today.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!
It's election day here and at least I have now decided who I will vote for. It's hard, though. They're all untrustworthy liars. Voting is compulsory over here so I can't even get out of it.

I signed up to four paid sites and about 12 free sites to advertise The Heir while it's on special. I hope we'll get some good results from that. Once the special is up I'll post the link here and if you want to pass it on to anyone you think might be interested I'd really appreciate it. :)

Sarah - yes, the special will definitely be running during February. Rochelle was setting it up yesterday. So you should be able to get The Heir with no problem on Sunday your time. :D
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Believe if or not, I'm BACK!

It's my Lexiversary today, so of course I just have to post.(Thanks for the reminder, Lynne!) When I logged on and saw that wonderful purple background, I actually got all tingly! I really miss it here! I get to see most of you on facebook, though so at least I get to hear what you're doing.

It looks like I've missed meeting our new member, Michelle! Welcome! I'm so glad you've joined the group. Lynne said you're not on facebook, so I'm going to send you a private message here on the Lex introducing myself. I don't want to take up space here since the others already know all about me. 8-)

Hi Sarah and Sean! Does Susan still post here?

I'll try not to let so much time pass before posting again.

NOTE: My siggy obviously needs to be updated. I'll wait until Valentine's Day (my Halfway House anniversary) to change it to read 5 years.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I have time to post today :) I worked a short day today and have tried to find Jason's Valentine's Day gift to no luck but thankfully I have time!

This week has been typical so I won't bore you with the details of it :) I've been playing Guild Wars 2, my newest game, and reading more. I'm excited for Sunday's big game, we're having Jason's Dad over and he's bringing BBQ. It'll be delicious and fun since our Seahawks have made it!

Lynne-Good to know :) I'll be buying it next week for sure!

Susie-Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Good to see you around!! It's been far too long :) :clap: :wave:
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hello guys!

For the first time in my life I woke up with a puffy eye. My mum says it may be a mosquito, but I am not sure there are mosquitoes in the middle of the winter… So I am staying inside today! Yeah!

Susie thank you for the warm welcome! Unfortunately I can’t visit Lexicon daily but I try to sign in and post something at least once a week. So I hope I’ll get to see you around here! Oh, and Happy Lexiversary!!! :)

Lynne, I was always the type of child who was teary and sad a week before school started… And I was a good student! I am glad that LM has already acclimated to the new environment. As far as the elections are concerned we have come to the point where we settle for the lesser of two evils…
And Lynne I receive a newsletter from BookBub every day and I know that EpicReads has a section with book deals,too. (I mention those two in case they are also free and you haven’t tried them)

Sarah, a kid in my neighborhood who would come here every summer used to have that grey Nintendo Game Boy and the rest of us country kids :D (maybe ten, twelve or more of us) taking turns in order to play! I still remember the first time I finished Super Mario Land! I wish I had one “ancient” Game Boy right now!!!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Hi Susie! :)

If you live in the American mid-west, you'll be wanting to watch out for a snowstorm this weekend. My area's supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow by Monday morning. So I'd be looking out for the latest weather reports though Monday, then it's supposed to get insanely cold for a couple of days, then things will finally "normalize".

As for me right now, my brother might go out Monday afternoon once the storm clears out and buy a Kureg coffee brewer or a similar thing. I also got my groceries last night. This has resulted in my dining on some chicken strips, popcorn chicken, and jalapeno poppers from Walmart's deli this morning. Everything's pretty good when re-heated in a deep fryer. The poppers IMO are a bit overcooked, but still pretty good.

So I'll just be doing my normal stuff and trying out some hazelnut coffee that I got for my coffee pot and keeping an eye on the weather to see if I can make it to work Monday.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Oh gosh, I have totally dropped the ball! I'm so sorry!

First, WELCOME, Michelle. So sorry I wasn't here to welcome you when you started. I'm Susan and I'm American, but I live in the Netherlands. I have 2 kiddos and I'm a mostly stay-at-home mom. I'm so glad you came to join us...it's nice to have some new blood to revive the place!

Susie, Happy Lexiversary!!! How many years is it now?

Lynne, is the $.99 deal on kindle world-wide? I know some places you have to live in that country to be able to read it. If it will work in the U.S. and the Netherlands, I'll be happy to put the word out. I know several of my friends wanted to read it, but thought that the price of the paperback was too high, so some of them might snap up the deal.

Sarah, Are you gearing up for the Superbowl? I have hardly heard a THING about it this year!! American football isn't big over here, but I usually see SOMETHING about it. I had to go looking for it this year because I hadn't heard anything.

Sean, sorry you had to cancel your plans...what were you supposed to do?

So...where to start since it's been MONTHS since I have been here. This will be a proper Mega-post!!
Mr. Man finished his swimming lessons in January. FINALLY. It's kind of crazy really because we switched him to a different pool after a year of lessons because he hadn't learned a THING in that year. Then it took him just over a year with the new place to get A and B level diplomas. So even if you count the entire year that he learned nothing, he still managed to get his swimming done faster than Bug, and he ended up being much better at diving and never had a BIT of a problem swimming through the 6 meter distanced hole. He is a total fish, he just needed the right lessons. So he's now been playing soccer for 2 weeks and he had his first game today. SOOOOO cute to watch a bunch of 7 year olds playing...they end up missing the ball, or their shoes fall off while they are running...so funny. There were actually 2 really good players on his team and they won 4 to 2. He managed to get his feet on the ball twice, but kicked it the wrong way once. Very entertaining.
We're still seeing the Psychologist and I think it's done him SO much good...no more stomach aches and not as many meltdowns. Though he had a REALLY rough weekend last week. I was picking them up from school on Thursday and he had PE, but was just a bit too fast and I missed him, so I went back around and came around a corner to find him pinned against the wall by 2 older kids...he just turned 7 and these kids were about 10 and they were shoving him repeatedly into the wall, so I went and rescued him and the one kid tried to tell me they were just trying to make him laugh, but considering he had tears streaming down his face and he was screaming bloody murder, I don't buy that excuse. When I asked him later who the boys were, one of them is someone he's mentioned several times as bullying him...pushing him, kicking a ball at his head, etc. I hope that now that I have reported it, it will stop. So he acted up a lot that weekend and had a couple of meltdowns, but that's to be expected after such an episode. That's one we'll be discussing with the Psychologist for sure.
Bug is still doing Musical Theater. Last week they had a 10 year anniversary party for the program and there was a talent show of sorts where you could either sing or do a skit. Bug had said first she didn't want to do it...she gets a bit of stage fright. But then her best friend said she was doing it, so she decided to do it, too. She sang "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" from Frozen. She was the youngest student to do the talent show (8 years old and the next was her best friend who is 9, then a girl who is 10 and the rest were all around 14 or older) and she was really brave to do it. She did a really good job. There's a video on my FB and also on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGo3fL9GxGM if you want to see it.

I've been really busy with choir stuff. Our choir won a contest at the end of December and we're working hard to find some venues in which to perform. Then our director also directs another group and he asked me if I would help them with their English pronunciation, so I did that last Monday and it was so much fun. I'm heading back this coming Monday for an open Jam session with them.
Other than that, I've been working on my Goodreads challenge. I've been reading a fun fantasy series in English with Bug. She can read it herself, but her English vocabulary isn't as strong as her Dutch, and it's fun reading it together and discussing it. And now I'm re-reading Harry Potter again and I see a Twilight re-read in my near future, too. I've been reading really heavy stuff this year and it was time for some comfort reading!!
So that's me caught up! Where's Mariëlle?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Wow, there are other people here! It's wonderful to see you two back, Susan and Susie! Hopefully you can come and see us a bit more often. :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Heir is now for sale on Amazon. To answer your question, Susan, it's only in the US, the UK and Australia. That might not help a number of your friends but maybe you can buy it on their behalf and pass it on. Or maybe some of them have a US Amazon account anyway. I know a lot of people who do. Here is the link to it on Amazon USA.

Susie - I'm so happy you came back for your Lexiversary! I wish everyone would come back. This place would be buzzing again if they did. :(

Sarah - you can buy it now! :D

Michelle - yes, I didn't really like school. Neither did my brother or father, and it's not like we're dumb. Hubby did, though. I hope Little Man will at least get a bit more tolerance for it from him.

Susan - it's so good to see you back and posting and great to catch up on all your stuff! We don't get that much detail on Facebook.