Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm off to work for Rochelle again today. Hopefully I'll get a lot done for her.

I may not be able to post tomorrow, because I'm going to an all-day book signing event with a lot of other authors. It's on the Gold Coast so it will take me about an hour to get there. I'm hoping to sell quite a few copies!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Seeing Mockingjay again was great and it was fun to catch a bunch of the things I missed the first time around. My friend hadn't seen it yet either :) The girl time was very much needed although Jason watched the movie with us but left when we started chit chatting.

Today I got up and helped the girls with one clean in town, which I'm happy to do if they need help. We have a new client today in a town about 20 minutes away after the first one I helped with but it was further away and today is also Jason's Grandmas' funeral so we worked it out so I could help and get them set for a good day.

The funeral is up in Seattle, along with a reception and a family dinner and it's in Seattle, so we'll likely be gone the rest of the day.

Lynne-good luck at the book expo! I hope you sell a lot of copies. Rochelle really thinks it'll take two years for the next novel to come out? That feels like forever!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'll be leaving soon so I thought I'd just pop in quickly. Hopefully it will all go well today!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a pretty good day at work, and I'm also pretty happy with how Audi have run at the WEC Prologue test in France. I've even happy that Porsche are doing pretty well too.

I don't have a ton of plans for this weekend. It's gonna be cold until Sunday, then rainy, but then things will be pleasant again starting Monday. I do plan on watching F1 practice tonight and the race late tomorrow night, as well as catching up on looking up some stuff online.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'd like to say yesterday was good, but unfortunately it was quite disappointing. I only sold one copy. Interestingly though, I had at least a dozen people say, 'I don't buy paperbacks anymore. Is your book on Kindle?' At least I could say yes, give them a bookmark and tell them to go and look it up. Sometimes I remembered to mention the deal I've got at the moment, where if they review The Heir on Amazon by the end of March then they could win the whole trilogy. (Sarah, have you remembered this? I know you mightn't have time but I wanted to remind you just in case.)
It was also difficult because of where I was located. I was near one of the well known authors. At first the person on the other side of me and I were pleased as we thought that this would mean we had lots of people standing around our tables who might become interested in our books. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way. The author in question was steamy romance/erotica, definitely not something that the Verindon trilogy has. And it was hard to even catch the eye of the people in the queue. And instead, it meant that no one else could get to my table because there was always a big line of people standing in front of it, ignoring me, as they waited to see her.
In walking around, I also noticed that the majority of authors there had racey romances, you know, the kind with the covers with the bare chested man with a scantily clad girl draped over him. So I felt out of place. So last night I suggested to my fellow Christian authors if maybe we could do a similar event aimed at selling books that were family friendly (maybe specifically Christian, but not necessarily) so didn't have that smutty content. We are trying to work out what we can do.
On the plus side, there were t-shirts in the bags all the VIP members of the public received, and they went around getting all the authors to sign them. I must have signed at least 25. So that was nice. But it still meant I came away feeling really demoralised.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I don't really have any plans this Saturday aside from watching the F1 race tonight and having a fish dinner while watching it.

Outside of that, I'm pretty happy with what Audi have done at the WEC Prologue test and I'm waiting for photos and video to come out of it. I also got some Herr's Fire Roasted Sweet Corn potato chips yesterday. They're pretty good, but at the same time, I wish that I had a bag of their actual Fire Roasted Sweet Corn.

But outside of that, I don't really have anything spectacular to report on.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone,

Yesterday was a crazy day. The memorial was lovely, it was fascinating to hear about Jason's Grandma...she was 91 when she died but I hadn't known about most of her history. Jason's family dynamic is just always awkward and tension filled, ugh.

Today we took his brother up to Seattle and dropped him off at Seattle Comic Con and decided to stay up there and go on a date. We walked around Pike Place Market and got lunch at Pike's Brewery, it was quite lovely. We've both been so busy and stressed that we haven't had time like this probably since Valentine's Day.

Lynne-oh that's awful! I'm so sorry. I hate that erotica is the new seller, yuck.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm working for Rochelle today and this idea that we have a readers thing put on by Christian writers is gaining traction. Rochelle seems enthusiastic about it. I hope we can get something together and make it work.

Sarah - I'm glad the memorial was nice but it's a shame to hear about the tension in Jason's family. I think it's always sad to hear of difficulties in families like that. Yes, I'm not thrilled that erotica seems to be the new big thing. You should have seen the line up this woman had!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I haven't really done a ton today, but at least the weather is warming up.

I have followed the FIA WEC Prologue test this weekend, and here's some videos from it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUpBvEr1sRM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWsZNe1o9Xw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM3AxGQ4p3Y

15 Minutes of on track footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pik_XCg3ZyI

michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hello there!

We changed our clocks on Sunday. So I was in a totally spring mood when I woke up yesterday. The weather was beautiful and I was planning to go for a walk with my little niece. And then, all of a sudden it started raining -or rather pouring- without stopping. At one point the rain turned into hail, and after a few moments the roads, the rooftops, the fields, all became white. I thank God I wasn’t out with the kid… On March 25 we celebrated our National Independence Day. Since I was a child, I remember this day with anticipation because apart from the parades and the festivities, is the day when the ice cream shops open. And yes, I kept the tradition and had the first ice cream of the season!

Guys, thank you for warning me for the series. I am not the type who recover easily from the heartache caused by books or movies. I remember, when I read the book “One day” I was thinking of it and crying for about a week. I can’t stand those who say that the saga should have ended with a fight, with inevitable casualties from the Cullen family. Mercifully, Stephenie thought otherwise. I am sure that, if that was the case, I would reside in a mental institute now…
So why you think the third book is not good at all when the first two are great? Was the author in a hurry to finish it? Or it’s just her type not to write happy endings?

Lynne I know what you mean when you describe those covers! In the newsletters of BookBub I have chosen to be informed for various genres, paranormal romance and romantic suspense among them, because I was thinking something in terms of Twilight. But guess what: all the covers are with shirtless guys and the book titles are just so hilarious…
Oh and Lynne I liked so much the statues with the Anzac soldier, throughout Sydney… In Athens, I used to live in an area called Kallipoli (it’s a Greek word that means beautiful city) named from the Greek refugees who lived in Gallipoli, in order to remember –constantly- where they came from…

Sarah, well done with the diet! I also liked the fact that you mention you went with your husband on a date. It’s so romantic! That’s what married couples should do!