Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Power still hasn't been turned on for the house, but it's been a day or two since it passed inspection. Hopefully it'll be turned back on soon.

Other than that, I haven't been up to much so far today. I have some stuff that I'll try and watch later tonight with dinner, but other than that, I don't really have plans for tonight.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Today we had a birthday party for one of Jason's cousins kids and surprisingly the party wasn't too terrible...generally all the wives sit around and watch the kids but they're getting old enough to all entertain themselves so I wasn't sitting awkwardly like I usually do :P Everyone had their Seahawks gear on and I am SO ready for the game to be here, if only because I've watched so much coverage with Jason...at least the Olympics start next Friday :)

Lynne-pets are expensive :/ I told my Dad and his reaction was to put her down since I've only had her since July...but I just don't think I could do that. Hopefully the diet will work and I won't have to deal with surgery...!

Wow, you weren't kidding..those prices are insane! My tank holds about 11 gallons and I typically fill up every two weeks....but I don't have a very far commute. That typically cost me about $35 or so..I also tend to drive Jason around on the weekends if we go out because his commute is about 30-40 minutes each way and he gets tired of driving.

Song-It's interesting hearing more about the school in Australia... :)

Yeah, that's the toothpaste I use :) It's helped stall a few cavities I have, which is all I really care about..I hate going to the dentist as well! Jason uses the mouthwash that restores enamel but I'm terrible about remembering to use it!

When I first started driving, I had a tiny little Honda Civic hatchback :) I've slowly upgraded due to my accidents and now I'm in a Mistubushi Outlander. It's a small SUV, which is probably huge over there :P but I feel safer! If I could bike everywhere, I would! It seems that it's sort of a hipster thing in Washington, especially in the cities-people bike to work/around...but that works if everything you need is in a reasonable distance!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I'M HOME!!!!!

What did I miss??? I bet a lot…
Who is still hanging out here? I see Susan, Lynne, Sarah, Sean…. who else? is Susie still stopping by?
I honestly miss the days when this thread was my drug where we threw crazy parties… it's sad to see so many people left..

I'm sure non of you missed what has been happening in my life as I post most of it on FB…
But I'll give you a summation.
- April I was sick and stayed in the hospital for a week.
- May, I went on a holiday to relax but was immediately stressed again when we sadly had to let our little Garfield go.
- Summer, life got better, went to a bunch of festival and we bought two kittens… Heike and James.
- August, I met an amazing pagan band and got to know the artists personally. Through them I found peace in my life and became an Earth Warrior
- September, I started eating Paleo style and the doc cut down my meds. I have never felt better.
- October, Dutch HH-con with Trine and Susie as our international guests… I wish there had been more of you all… It was great
- November and December, sucked but that's just because winter came…

Now, I'm very busy with finding a new job and planning my festival season. I decided to live and visit all the festivals I want. So I'm going to be very busy come spring.

Alright, I'm not going to promise that I post every day. Thanks to new work policies I can't visit blogs and forums anymore and I am making a conscious effort to cut back on laptop time but I'm going to try to stop by at least once a week.

now, tell me what I missed. ;)
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Marielle: Welcome back! :)

I found a pretty good Le Mans racing history site last night, and I was able to watch some stuff last night as well.

I don't have many plans for this Superbowl Sunday. I'm not a huge football fan, so I'll probably spend today, until this evening, in my room looking up stuff or tying to find something on TV. I do have plans on making a pizza tonight if I can find something on TV to watch, which I likely will.

I'll also be keeping you guys updated on when I'll be able to go back to my normal home.

I'll be back later
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

MARIELLE IS BACK!!!!!!! It's good to see another old face returned. It's mostly just been the four of us here, and unfortunately, there isn't much activity around the Lex these days.

I was sad today to hear of the death of Phillip Seymour Hoffman. The man was an incredible talent and drugs took him away. My only hope is that this is a wake up call to others on drugs that all their promise can be snuffed out in one overdose.

I'm working for Rochelle today and I'm hoping I get a lot done!

Sean - I hope you get the power situation sorted soon.

Sarah - yeah, I usually pay about $50 something when I have to fill up. I do hope your cat gets better.

marielle - you have ahad a hard time of it recently, but I'm glad things are looking up a bit for you. :)
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Marielle is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! :clap: :clap:

Let's see..you haven't missed that much recently...last summer was very eventful, with me finally graduating from college, moving into a house versus an apartment, getting a cat, and going into a full time house cleaning job :)

Since then, my life has just been settling into a routine...my cat currently has bladder stones that we're working to shrink with special food, if not she'll need to have surgery :/ but we have some time to wait to see how the diet works..she seems fine otherwise which is good!

I'm devastated to hear about Phillip Seymour Hoffman, especially if the rumors are true and it is from a drug overdose. Such a needless death. He was fantastic as Plutarch Heavensbee!

Lynne-wow, that's a lot!! How many litres does your car take?
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

It's Monday, and it's been a pretty slow day so far. I did talk with one of my friends that I haven't spoken to in a while online. But that's about all that I've done so far.

I have some stuff that I'd like to watch tonight, so that's what I'll be working on later. But outside of that, I haven't been up to much.

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Today I'll be picking up three kids from school. One of the school ladies is from Russia and for the next four weeks she's taking a class to learn English and won't finish until four o'clock, so needs people to look after her kids, as she can't afford after school care. A number of us have pitched in. I'm doing today and tomorrow. I at least know what the kids look like so I'm hoping that I can find them okay and not lose Little Man either! Hopefully it will all work out.

Sarah - I think my car takes 40 litres. Not sure, though. Sure hope that diet works! Yes, Hoffman made a fantastic Plutarch. I hope that they get those few remaining scenes finished off without too much trouble.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi all. Our internet wasn't working this morning and it's kind of shaky now, but I'm here. We'll hope it stays up long enough to post.
Nothing really new. Everyone back home was really disappointed in the Superbowl. I heard the Broncos practically handed a win to the Seahawks on a silver platter.
My BIL is still in the hospital. We went by on Sunday and he said it was the first day he hadn't had any fever. He is off of oxygen, so that's good, but he's still not breathing normally. He said this is the longest he's ever been in the hospital...5 weeks tomorrow. I hope he gets to go home before his birthday on the 16th. That would suck to spend your birthday in the hospital. Mostly he's ok, just hoping the meds work fast so he can leave. He still gets flushed every day and I guess that process is what actually incubated the bacteria they found in the fluid last week. He's got at least one more week in the hospital and then they will see. At least he can eat what he wants and my in-laws have been bringing him dinner most nights because the hospital food is not great. If he's still in the hospital on his birthday, I'll bring him some brownies.

Lynne, yeah, it's pretty insane here, but I hear Norway is even worse for Gas prices. They pay over $10 USD per gallon. The US actually has some of the lowest gas prices in the world. The Netherlands is ranked #3 for highest prices. Australia is #41.
What language do the kids speak, if the mother is learning English? Is her husband Australian?

Sarah, I thought you were just staying home to watch the game. How did you get roped into a birthday party?
How is the diet working for your baby? Is she feeling better?
Which mouthwash does Jason use? I'll see if I can get it here.

Marielle, Welcome back!! You haven't missed a whole lot I don't think. We started new swimming lessons for MM in Varsseveld because he had been in lessons for a year here in town and could barely float. He's been 2 months in the new pool and he can do the basic strokes, dive (sort of) and he's down to almost no flotation thingies. So we're excited about that. Bug is in musical theater lessons and LOVES it. She's quite a little actress. I think that's pretty much it for news that you don't know.
It is pretty sad that not so many people come here anymore. It was always fun to catch up with everyone. FB isn't the same.
Glad you are feeling good!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

My area's under a winter storm warning for 6-10 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow morning. Hopefully the weather front is going better for everyone else, though if you live in the American Mid-West, I doubt that it's much better than what I'll be seeing.

Thankfully, I don't have to go anywhere right now or tonight.

Other than that, I haven't really made a plan on what I wanna do today. I'll probably be up in my room for a while, then I'll try and find some stuff on TV to watch later tonight, and then I'll probably come back up here to work on something or go to sleep.

I haven't gotten any updates about work in a while, but I did make an inquiry online about it today. Hopefully I don't have to start my new job or go back to work until I can move back home.

So that's what I'm doing today, as well as checking out a new Le Mans site I found the other night. I can post a link if anyone's interested in it.

Update for home:

We have a new water heater, and, more importantly, we have electricity now!

So the really major repair work can begin soon. Hopefully, we don't have to spend too much longer living where we all are now.