Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a pretty craptastic day at work today. Nothing major, but I have a ton of work to do that, between everything else that I'm supposed to do, is probably gonna take me about a week or two to get done. We've had a bunch of people either quit or take jobs elsewhere in the department I work in, so that means document shredding, and that's that I mean by the work load.

Document shredding is one of my least favorite jobs at where I work, but I do it because sometimes I don't have much else to do, and because if I don't work on it, it'll take even longer for it to get done. I hope that I can get that stuff out of my way ASAP, because I'll be pretty burned out on it soon.

Other than that, I slept after I got home, but at least one thing's sort of brightened my day. Here's my friend Lia doing another You Tube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POF0wvIRL6g

She's a big fan of Lana Del Rey and she gets to see a show of her's soon, and this is the most professionally done video that Lia has done to date as far as camera work--she finally got a hold of a HD camera :)

Other than that, I don't have too much planned aside from dinner, maybe watching some episodes of Hitler's Bodyguard (AKA, let's snuff Hitler, or how did Hitler NOT get killed before April of 1945?! You won't believe how close he came to getting assassinated several times, each of which could've changed the course of World War II and history itself), and then I have to try and get up early tomorrow to watch something on Speed Channel.

I'm gonna try and enjoy this three day weekend, because I'm probably gonna need it.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi!
Wow, I feel like I haven't been here in AGES, but I know it hasn't been THAT long. Bug got her paper yesterday that she gets to swim for her A-diploma on June first, thank God!! I was going to be very upset if she didn't make it through. Her birthday was Wednesday and she had her kid party for her school friends...she had such a great time. Tomorrow is the big party with the family and such, so we're busy with prepping for that. I baked her cake this morning and have to decorate this afternoon. I've spent the last week making stuff I can make in advance and sticking it in the freezer. (Cheesecake, truffles, cupcakes, etc) But a lot of people can't make it...at least 2 families (8 people) and possibly one other family and then there's one couple that you never know whether they will come or not, so I plan for a yes, but assume no. I hope I'm not over-estimating on food. I had more things planned, but now with more people canceling, I'm not doing everything. Anyone want to come over and help eat?
So our heater isn't fixed yet, so I'm still over here freezing. At least it's supposed to warm up a bit this week. Thursday was AWFUL! It was less than 10C (50F) outside, and it was only 15C in the house, and it was raining outside. I got out my heating pad and some blankets and snuggled up when I wasn't doing housework or school runs. Mr. Man had his school trip that day, and had a blast, but he was sooooo tired when he got home and he was WHINY!!

Lynne, I'm so sorry about the t-shirts...I'm sure it's a disappointment. But if they are short sleeved, people would have to wear their jackets closed over the front in cold weather, too, so it's really only in warm weather or inside that people would be able to see it anyway...and with just "The Heir" on the front, it might make people more curious and they'll go home and look it up to see what it is? I've noticed that when people wear t-shirts with writing on them, people are more drawn to figure out what it says and what it's about...so from an advertising standpoint, perhaps this is better? But I'm so sorry it's not how you wanted it.

Annmarie, how did it go with the mental health nurse? I hope they can help you! I'm sure you'll feel a lot better just knowing what it is and that it's treatable. Good luck!

Sarah, what do you mean it's quiet here? :P

Sean, I hope the no sugar is working out for you. That must be quite a change!

Ok, I'm off to do more party stuff. I still have to get groceries, make frosting, decorate the cake, make fudge, and fill favor bags.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Haven't been up to too much so far today. At least my blood sugar is getting lower again. I think that today might be pretty boring, since I can't seem to find much on TV for tonight, which sucks because I have a new pizza to try out and I'd rather be watching something while eating it.

So that means that I'll probably have to find something to do later on. I'd like to work on fan fic, but that depends on how motivated I get for that. I'm at the stage where I have ideas, but it's getting them down that might be the problem.

So I figure I'd look up a lot of my stuff that I normally look up now so I can have time later for other stuff. Today's been a bit of a drag, but I guess that's because of all that I had to do last night and not really knowing exactly what I'd like to do tonight yet.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's now less than a week until my book launch, and I'm getting excited and nervous all at once. So far, the books are scheduled to arrive at the wharf tomorrow, but it's still likely we won't get them through customs until Friday. I'm praying that customs is going extra fast this week and that the books will come through earlier.

It looks like I will have 25-30 people at my launch, so I'm hoping I'll sell maybe 10 copies of The Heir, which would be a great start. That will probably take the total ordered just by my friends in pre-order to about 30-40, which is really good for one of our books. Thanks to everyone here who has ordered a copy!

I've also been interviewed for an article in my local newspaper. We'd already sent them a press release, which I wrote myself. The girl writing the article said that it was really good and gave her lots of info, unlike most press releases they get, which are apparently 'crap'. It was nice to know that I'm still in touch with my journalist side! I've also got another book signing booked in now. That makes two.

Songbird - I wish I could come over and help you eat! Yes, the t-shirts were a disappointment. Unfortunately, there are a lot of books called 'The Heir' or something like that, so just searching on that will not lead people to me, which is why I wanted the website on the front as well. it hasn't happened, so I'm just going to have to live with it.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hi Song! It's good to see ya!

Yay for Bug passing swimming, that's awesome! I hope the birthday party goes well :)

Hi Ann Marie..my friend's got bi polar and I know hard that it is :/ could explain your mood issues though.

Lynne-any word when the t-shirts will be done? I'm excited to get one :)

Quiet weekend here, just been fighting a cold all week but I think I'm kicking it finally. We're having my friend over tomorrow for an impromptu grill out and watching some Disney movies :)

I've just been studying, cleaning, and obsessing over Kitchen Nightmares. We signed up for a Netflix trial and have been marathon-ing it for days. Gordon Ramsay is awesome!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Later on, I'll try and work on some fan fic while the NASCAR race is on. I wanted to last night, but after about 2:00 last night, I had about enough and slept until about 7:30 and caught the Monaco GP, and I'm about to see the Indy 500 finish on TV.

I tired one of those new DiGerono Pizzeria pizzas last night, and it, IMO, is a lot better than their normal pizzas, and no more expensive. I'd recommend it.

But other than that, I don't have much planned yet and I mostly want to work on some writing today and maybe 1-2 other things.

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Whew! Party done, huge success, but I can definitely tell by the amount of food left over that we didn't have nearly as many people there as in the past few years. I usually remember to send some of the cheesecake and stuff home with people since Hubs and MM won't eat it and I don't want to have to eat it all myself, but I forgot this time and no one wanted to be the first one to cut into it, so at 4:00 I finally told everyone they were letting me down and needed to go eat...But we still have 2/3 of a cheesecake left, and about 100 oreo truffles because I kept the lid on them and no one would open it. So I guess I'll take a plate to the kids' preschool teacher tomorrow...the preschool is next door to their school and she misses my baking now that the kids aren't there...so I'll bring her a treat and send the rest with hubs for his coworkers or bring it to choir on Tuesday night. I really don't want to waste it.

Sarah, how's the studying going? A grill out sounds SO good...I wish we had nice enough weather to do that right now. Sounds perfect! Have fun!

Lynne, I'm super excited for you! I hope the books make it in time! I wish I could come to the launch! Do you know when we will get the copies we ordered? Or actually when you will be sending them out, so I can let my friends know to expect them? Otherwise, they might get confused. I told them I ordered a copy for them, but that was back in...Feb or March, so they may have forgotten by now and might wonder where it came from if I don't give them a heads up.

Sean, be careful with prepackaged stuff...it's FULL of sugars. The pizza sauce and the crust especially.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm working for Rochelle today, and I will also be picking up the t-shirts today, so I should have pictures tonight sometime. Then I will need to know what size you want, whether or not you want brochures and how many, and whether or not you want your copy of my book signed, and to whom. If all goes well, we will be posting them on Friday.

Sarah - I'm glad you're excited about the t-shirts. Hopefully you'll be able to see what they look like soon.

Sean - I hope NASCAR was good.

Songbird - I'm glad Bug's party went so well. Yes, I wish you could come to the launch too. I'll be sending the books on Friday probably, although if you have a t-shirt and brochures, the package will probably be a little large, so might take some time before it reaches you.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

We now have two new visitors at our house. Two kittens--one a long hair grey and the other grey and white--were dropped off by a neighbor believing that they were ours. They're not ours, but the neighbor dropped them off and they need to be fed and checked on. So we have them eating now and, I guess, they're ours now unless someone else wants to claim them.

Right now I'm working on fan fic, and I've actually got some momentum with what I'm working on, though I don't know how much longer I'll be working on it, but it'll we a while.

Of course, during the Coke 600, the race was red-flagged because a cable from an overhead camera broke, damaged several cars that ran over it, and several fans apparently sustained minor injuries from the debris from the cable failure, too. This is something that can't be made up. Not really watching it, but I'm checking in on it every now and then and checking for forum updates.

Later on, I'm thinking of grilling some chicken for dinner at some point, and playing some VG stuff, and possibly watching the last WEC video from Spa.

And in case anyone wants to know, the new little kitties are fine, but they tend to follow me and anyone else around.

Songbird: Well, that pizza I had has a lot less sugar and carbs in it than the two still almost full things of Crush orange and grape soda I still have to get rid off. At least it has that in it's favor, as well as it's better taste and it's actually smaller and lighter than a normal pizza.

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Hi! No real news today...oh! We had beautiful weather today. Wish it could have been that nice yesterday! And it would be nice if it was like this on Thursday when Bug has her school trip to the zoo, but it's supposed to be rainy then again. But it was SO nice not to freeze today!!

Lynne, do you have the blue short-sleeved t-shirts in the XXXL? Now that I know you have bigger sizes, I'd love to wear one around this summer, especially while I'm in the states and can really advertise for you. I have a few friends that work at libraries or are avid readers, so hopefully I can sell you a few copies. And I would like my book signed, please!! (Maybe the T-shirt, too? How cool would that be? Signed T-shirt from the author! SQUEEE!!! But if you are going to get carpal tunnel with all the signing you have to do, then don't worry about signing the t-shirt.)

Sean, awww....why did the neighbor not keep the kittens when it was discovered that they weren't yours? How old are they? Like...little little kittens or a bit older?