Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I did finally get some work done with my fan fic last night/this morning. I was kinda in a funk between being tired every time I got around to working on it and trying to write though a portion of it that, though necessary to the plot of the chapter, was a bit draggy. But I'm now onto a new, brighter, funnier area of it.

I got some fish and taco stuff, and no, I'm not going to venture into the area of the seafood taco. I'm deciding on whether or not I want fish or chicken taco salad tonight. I do know that I'll be briefly PC gaming and will try and work on more fan fic.

Also, since I've was at my father's house one night when I heard it on the local weather info channel, I've been addicted to the song "I Don't Wanna Fall In Love" by Jane Child. It's sort of the same thing as why I like Cher's Believe album so much. Catch tune, quotable lyrics, fun song to listen to. And like with some Cher songs, this later gets used as a "torture device" in my fan fic.

And also, there's still the Audi R18 presentation on Tuesday. Problem is that it'll be in the actual town of Le Mans, which is in France, which is 5 hours ahead of us as far as time of day. So while it's happening, I'll probably be asleep. But it involves a drive though the town of the new car.

So that's what I have going on now.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Just a quick one today. The coppers will be here soon to take me into court. Oh, I wish I didn't have to go. I've got too much to do ...
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I didn't have the greatest of days. I had to stay up until almost 10:00 this morning, didn't get back up until just before Top Gear came on, new lap got broke and is being repaired right now. And we have a rather annoying problem with a mouse and we don't have the money to get traps or poison for it, and won't until the end of the month when I get my tax refund.

So I'm not really happy right now, let alone being tired of it being cold being stuck inside a lot and such. So I probably won't be working on fan fic, and I'll probably just be happy to go to sleep later this morning.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. At least there's the Audi presentation deal later today that I can look at later.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Well, yesterday's trial was a bit of a fizzer. Traffic was bad and it took us forever to get into the city. When we got there, we had to wait around for a while while they talked to the victim. Eventually, they managed to see me to talk about my testimony, but they only spent about five minutes with me before saying that they had to move to the next witness. Then I sat around with the other witnesses for a bit longer before they took us down to the courthouse. Then we had to wait outside while they did all the opening speeches, etc. Then some new evidence was introduced, so they were considering an adjournment until today. However, at this point the defendant realised it was all going to go ahead, so he decided to plead guilty. I think this was the best outcome for all, but it meant I didn't even get inside the courtroom, and however scary giving evidence is, it would have been an interesting experience. So I spent my morning sitting around for two and a half hours before being told to go home!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

You know, sometimes I have to wonder how some parents are really so naive about their kids!! I know my kids have faults and I admit them, but it amazes me how some parents can be so oblivious! MM was playing with a boy yesterday who asked me if he could ride Bug's bike. I asked him if he didn't have a bike...he said he DID, but it was put away and he wasn't allowed to get it. So I told him, no, I had just put Bug's bike away, too. (We had just gotten back from the dentist) So the boys decided to go play at the school playground and MM comes back and asks me if the boy can take Bug's bike there. I said no, I had already said no. He leaves...he comes back and says the boy promised he'll bring it back. I said no AGAIN and MM was frustrated, but left again...then I heard him start to come back and then he left again. So then the boy's mom comes to the door looking for him because it was time to eat, so she offered to send MM home, too. So he came home and came through the back gate, which I leave open for him so I don't have to get up and run back and forth to the front door to let him in every time he needs a bathroom or wants to ask a question. After a while I thought I heard something and didn't know if it was at the neighbor's house or not. So I went to go check and MM had left the gate open. I went to go close it...and there was a bike missing. Now, given that this kid asked several times about the bikes, and it happened to be the bike without training wheels that MM can't even ride yet, I figured I knew who had the bike. So I asked MM if they had taken a bike. He says yes, the boy took one and I asked why it wasn't brought back and he said the other boy was supposed to bring it back. So I scolded him for taking a bike when I told him not to and he said he TOLD the boy no, but he didn't listen. We go to the school and thank goodness it was still there, so we brought it home. I talked to the mom today and she says if her son was supposed to bring a bike home, he would have told her, and she hadn't heard anything, so she didn't think he had done it. So I ask the boy what happened and he says he doesn't know, he didn't take it, MM must have done it himself, but he's looking at the ground, fidgeting and very clearly exhibiting behavior that is indicative of deception. I tell him MM can't even ride that bike...the boy's mom says "Well, he could have walked it there!" I said "Yes, he could have...but why WOULD he when he can't ride it?" "Well," she says, "Perhaps one of the other kids at the playground took it there. There were lots of kids there." "Yes," I said, "But they would have to know where we lived and that the gate was open, etc." and the boy starts blaming ANOTHER boy, saying HE knows where we live, so he took it. MM is getting frustrated, saying the boy is lying, and trying to remind him of things he said, etc, and the boy just keeps saying he didn't do it. So I said someone must be lying and the mother agrees, but says she believes her son because he doesn't lie. Now, I know my son has a LOT of faults, but lying has never been one of them. If I ask him if he did something, he's always told the truth, even when he would get in trouble. And I told him that if he lied and I found out about it, he'd be in WAY more trouble, so now was the time to fess up if he did it...both boys still insisted the other was lying. After about 15 minutes, I gave up and told MM that if something like that happened again, he was to come and get me immediately and I would take care of it. Later on, when I took the kids back to school, I ran into the mom who said she had talked to her son and he admitted to taking the bike, but he said he didn't know he wasn't supposed to....and she believed him. Lady...the kid just spent 15 minutes LYING to you and to me and blaming every other kid he could think of for something HE did...and now you believe that he didn't know he wasn't supposed to take it, despite my telling you that they asked THREE times and were denied every time? And why in the world did he lie if he honestly didn't know he had done something wrong? If he thought it was ok, why did he lie about taking it? I wasn't accusatory at all when I asked about it, just asked him how the bike ended up at the school, who got it out and took it there and rather than saying he did because he thought it was ok, he lied and said he didn't take it. I am absolutely appalled that the mother believed that story after he JUST admitted to her he had lied that whole time. But her son doesn't lie, according to her...makes me wonder how much he's gotten away with before now! Really, you have to be super blind not to see through all that. The body language, the latching on to every excuse his mother threw out there, the fact that HE was the one asking to use the bikes...all the evidence pointed to him...and then when he ADMITS he lied...and you believe the next thing out of his mouth. Wow. Is it just me or is that INSANE?
We were busy all weekend helping at my in-laws' for my MIL's b-day. Fun, but exhausting and I didn't get to be on the computer at all really in those 2 days. That's crappy because I'm trying to get through my friend's book one more time to catch anything I didn't catch the first time I read it, but hopefully now that I'm home, I'll get it finished tomorrow. Glad to be home!

Lynne, how frustrating! I bet it feels like a waste of time! Was this for that fight or whatever it was you saw last year? I remember you saying you had witnessed something and had given a statement to police. At least the guy realized he couldn't talk his way out of it. As you say, probably better for everyone, but really crappy that you had to go down there and waste your time when you had so much other stuff to do!
How is your mother feeling? Is she able to get around now?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey :)

I had half a post written last night but then I turned on Mulan and got distracted! Last weekend was super busy, since I had plans both days with my girlfriends and ended up being gone most of both days. It was tiring but fun. I think I've got most of the clothes I need for our trip. It's four weeks away but the sales were good and I hate leaving stuff like that til last minute.

I re-read the entire Christy Miller series. It wasn't hard since they're meant for high school kids, but it felt good to get some reading done regardless :)

I've finally got Jason reading the first Hunger Games novel, which is awesome because he's not a big fiction reader! He even asked to re-watch the movies!

Lynne-I'm so glad your Mom didn't hurt her pelvis! I hope she can take it easy and not hurt herself anymore :/ That has to be so scary and frustrating! Talk about a bummer with the court stuff..I second Song's question, is it for that fight you saw or something different?

Song-what the heck?! Did you get Bug's bike from the kid? What a terrible situation and how annoying. Parents can be so dense, not wanting to admit their kid did something wrong! How are things going with Bug's schooling?

Susie-no worries, there's not much going on with me that hasn't been on Facebook! Nice to see you around here again!!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today has been a lot better so far than yesterday/last night. Though it got interrupted a few times, I did get more sleep, and I feel better overall today.

And it finally came today: The 2014 Audi R18 e-tron quattro, what it looks like:

http://fourtitude.com/news/motorsport_n ... s-commute/

And here it is in motion and what it sounds like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQNumZIg0WQ

We also have plenty of wood at our house now to last us though the cold next day or two, and tonight I might work on fan fic and do a few other things.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Today I'm working primarily on a really boring editing job I've got. It's all about anatomy, and I'm sure my husband would love it, but I'm having trouble staying alert while reading it to find all the mistakes. It's so dull!

Yes, the court case was about that fight I saw, which was actually in December 2012! That's how long these things take to get to court!

Susan - that's frustrating about that mother, isn't it? She sounds like she's got no clue. Maybe she's just in denial that her darling could ever do anything wrong.

Sarah - glad that Jason's trying The Hunger Games! Yes, my mum is getting there. She's still in a bit of pain but is getting better slowly.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I don't have too many plans for tonight, but what I plan on doing depends a lot on when I can make dinner (taco salad) and finish off playing a PC game on my laptop if I decide to finish it off.

I did get some ideas for future story chapters and stuff in my current chapter from watching some stuff on You Tube and Dailymotion, as well as some music I've heard recently.

Hopefully I'll be close to getting the current chapter finished off tonight or within the next couple after that.

Other than that, I haven't really done anything interesting today.

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Bug had 3 more cavities filled today. She's so great about it! The dentist has remarked that it would be so much easier if all the kids were as brave. She doesn't cry or scream, and it sounds like a lot of them do. They could have done all 5 today, but Bug decided she didn't want to do the last 2 today. I can understand that...it's a long time to lie there for a kid her age and she wanted to go to her musical theater class. But at least we only have to go one more time next week and then it's DONE! Hoping there are no more cavities any time soon.
I finished reading the book for my friend and I loved it. Now I have to figure out what to read next...I'm thinking I might go back and re-read something I've already read...maybe Twilight....or some Nora Roberts....or I have a Nora that I haven't read yet. Then I will have to go back and read The Heir and The Crown before the release of The Reign. *squeeeeeee*

Sarah, he didn't take Bug's, he took MM's. That's another reason I don't believe he didn't understand. He asked if he could take Bug's and I said no, he sent MM to ask and I said no, then he sent MM back in to tell me he promised to bring it back, and I said no...so he decided to take MM's instead, without asking.
Bug's doing really really well and now that the teacher explained the extra work to her, she loves it. She really LIKES doing the extra stuff because it's not as boring.
Don't you just love sales!? It's so nice when you need something, like for your trip, and then manage to get it on sale.
So is Jason LIKING the books? Hubs read The Hunger Games, Twilight, The Host, Harry Potter....he loved them all, but he's not a re-reader. He reads things once and that's it. I'm someone who will go back and read my favorites over and over and over. But at least he liked them.

Lynne, Yikes...that's got to be hard, reading something you aren't interested in. So far, I haven't had to read anything I didn't really like. My friend mostly writes romance suspense, which used to be a bit difficult for me, but I've become much less wussy since I started reading for her. But I can imagine how hard it would be to get through something you are totally bored by. Is this for your own editing business or for Wombat? Can you not choose which genres you will read? When I applied to be a reader, the lady had specific genres listed on her site of what she is interested in and what she will not consider, and she asked me to tell her what genres I liked so she could pair me up with books I'd enjoy, should I get hired. In the end, I didn't hear back from her, but isn't it pretty common to limit selections to those you won't hate?
Wow....that DID take a long time to go to court!! And why didn't he just plead guilty a long time ago? Seems like it would have saved a lot of time and money.
I don't think it's so much that the mother doesn't think her darling can do any wrong...she said he was already being punished for something else, so she knows he's not an angel. She admits he's hyper, etc. I just think she wouldn't know a lie if it bit her on the nose.

Sean, so is everyone back home now?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ