Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Songbird »

Hi sibs! I had a few minutes so I thought I'd drop in and say hi. Yesterday was the Easter Brunch at school, so I spent the morning there helping out. I'm now in the ouderraad...I guess it would be the equivalent of the PTA? or maybe sort of like a Booster Club. We help out with planning activities and such at school. We arrange the Sinterklaas festivities for the school, provide drinks and ice cream for the Christmas party, decorate the main hall for Christmas/Sinterklaas, organize the Easter Brunch, etc...so it was busy yesterday getting all the fruit peeled and cut and distributed for each class, etc.

Lynne, I am very tempted to read your review, but I'm resisting because I want to see the movie for myself first. Did you read the book?
I saw the pictures from the Easter parade...the hat looked great! And your son looked like he was pretty happy. He must have liked it!

Marielle, gefeliciteerd met Garfield! I'm glad to hear that it was easier than you expected to get the pipe fixed. I bet that was stressful!

Sarah, how did the egg dying go? I take it you aren't a fan of boiled eggs? I don't like them, but I enjoyed dying them when I was little.

Sean, it's so good that you are getting a lot of hours in at work. Sorry your coworker is sick. My best friend's daughter has strep, too. Nasty stuff!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Siblings! I waa taking a break from Old Testament Survey and writing a book report on A TALE OF THREE KINGS, so I thought I'd drop in and say :wave:
I've skimmed through posts among nod-offs. :lol:
I do believe it's time for a short nap!
Spring break is most enjoyable!
See Y'all over on FB sooner than here more than likely! I just don't have enough
time in the day to do it all right now!
:bye:
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

HELLO EVERYONE!!

After Marielle's message on fb the other day, I really am going to try my hardest to come over here & do a post, at least once a week! I'll try for more than that, but I'll start with 1 as my aim just now LOL.

It is so nice to see posts from Songbird (I know you have been really busy lately! How is your dad doing btw?) and Tonise!!

Tomorrow is Good Friday, and then of course, it's Easter Monday on Monday. Both are generally bank holidays here in the UK - but not for me :( My work doesn't do any bank holidays apart from Christmas & New Years Day, so I will be working tomorrow. I have actually taken a holiday for Monday, as BabyE and YoungB are staying on Sunday night.

Speaking of BabyE - she will be 4 on Sunday!!!! I am sure some of you will remember when she was just born - hence the "Baby" part of her name! LOL. I can't believe she is 4 - mental! She is still the cutest thing ever. We are going horseriding for her birthday (what she wants for her birthday - she also wants flowers as "that's what you get on your birthday" aww!!).

Don't think much else has been happening. Work is still insanely busy. And then hubs & I are trying to be a bit more healthly, and trying to go for a walk every night (not really working every night, but most nights LOL). This is why I have no time to come on the computer LOL. But at least I have my new iPhone so can at least post in the HH fb page now! I could post here too, but I don't really like the mobile site...

Anyway, a couple of replies:

Lynne - Thanks for the review of The Host. I haven't read the book, and I don't think I will go see the movie. I'm just not really drawn to it. I am sorry you didn't enjoy it the way you wanted to though.
Little Man's easter bonnet was very cool!!

Marielle - Happy birthday to Garfield!! I hope you got him the fish - I think most cats LOVE raw fish. Let us know what he does! My SiL's cat go CRAZY even when you open a tin of tuna LOL.
Sorry to hear about your flooring, that is such a bummer. I hope it fixes up ok. Apart from that, do you need to do anything else to the house or is that you all finished it now?

Sean - The weather here is crazy too. Last year at this time, it was around 21C (we were having a heatwave last year LOL) and this year it is about 0C and still snowing. No idea what is going on!!

Susie & Caryn - WHERE ARE YOU BOTH????? :(

Anyways, I am off to read. That is something else that is keeping me away. The Mortal Instrument. I think I am in love with Jace. Yep. *swoon*

Bye!!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Just a flyby from me!

Egg dying went well, I made mine as pretty as possible for Jason :P

I found out the girl who introduced me to Twilight aka my Maid of Honor got engaged this week..I found out over Facebook! Married ladies-anyone experience people who drop out of your life once you get married? I made an effort to stay friends with everyone but this chick completely blew me off. :(

Anyway, time to study!

Have a good night everyone!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We've been off to church this morning for the Good Friday service. We usually go to a 'normal' church on Good Friday and Christmas Day, as our church, being in people's homes, doesn't really operate on those occasions, especially since, as we are so small, most members of the church are away. We went to St Mark's Uniting Church, where the pastor is a friend of ours. We're going over to their place for dinner tonight as well.

I couldn't believe when I came here today and saw a whole page of new posts! It's nice to see a few people back here.

marielle - I'm glad you got that pipe fixed. Hopefully, you'll get those other things knocked over too. Yes, I'm really sad that I didn't like The Host. I really wanted to like it. That kind of story is right up my alley.

Songbird - I hope all your preparations for Easter activities went well. Yes, I did read The Host and I really enjoyed it. Yes, Little Man loved his hat, especially eating the eggs! ;)

Jaclyn - It's a shame that you have to work on Good Friday. Most businesses are shut on Good Friday here, although some open. Banks and offices, etc, will be closed until Tuesday, and that includes our business, so we have a nice four day weekend.

Sarah - I'm sorry your friend's dropped you off her radar. That happened with two of my friends once I married. The saddest part was that they were both my attendants on my wedding day (the same as your friend). After I was married suddenly it didn't seem like they needed me around so much anymore. The drop off was gradual. I still see them occasionally, and we have a good chat when we're together, but I always wonder what I did to make them drop me that way.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

My day was pretty tiring, it was worth it, now that I have a three day weekend. I might get started on looking up a few things and maybe work on my fan fic, as well as make some fried chicken tonight, too.

Other than that, I'll just get ready for a warmer weekend having a weekend off from watching racing.

Marielle: Our newest cat Ted is nearly a year old and he still acts like a kitten, and Twitch is about 3 years old and behaves like a big kitten. Groucho, well, she behaves like a small dog--literally, she wags her tail like a dog all the time. And, no, Easter Monday isn't a holiday here, or at least it hasn't been as far as I can remember.

Jaclyn and Songbird: Welcome back and thanks for checking in :)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning you all…

It’s my last day as a twenty-something and it started bad already.
Somehow my ipod refuses to work. It started to play and then it stopped and started to hum. I can’t do anything with it now… I hope that I can reboost it later today when I have access to my laptop…but I had to wake up and go to work without my music which guarantees a bad mood…

The good thing was that my brother called last night. He won’t have service for his mobile with my bday so he called yesterday. It’s always great to hear from him.

Anyway, I have tons to do before tomorrow…

Susan, yeah, I have had it with stress but it seems that when ever things slow down to relax enough something stupid like that happens…Did you watch the Passion last night? I’m not religious but I really liked it. It was cast so good…

Hey Tonise!!! I hope you can drop in here soon again. How are your studies coming along?

Jaclyn, today isn’t a holiday for me as well but we do get the Monday off.
I didn’t get Garfield the raw fish. He does like fish but not a lot. He prefers the smoked salmon and everything but that’s way to expensive.
We still need to do a bit of work to get the house finished but most things will have to wait until the summer. For now we have to get the floor fixed. That’s the main issue.
(BTW, Susie is on a holiday to her daughter in Argentina.)
I completely understand your feelings about Jace…

Sarah, I’m sorry about your friend blowing you off…I never had many friends and the few that are my real friends will stay that because we are totally on the same page with everything. I don’t see them often but the times we call or see each other are enough.
After I got sick a lot of “friends” dropped out on me. I don’t think I could really care about it now. They don’t deserve my attention…

Lynne, I think these days it’s too hard to make a good movie from a well loved book. With all the techniques available these days they focus too much on how it looks and not how the emotions are brought. I had that feeling with the Hunger Games. Perhaps that’s what’s happened with the Host…

Sean, I think Garfield is confused about what he is… he can totally be a kitten and race around, the next day it’s a lazy old cat… and during dinner he behaves like a drooling dog…
It’s nice to have a long weekend once in a while… I’m off Monday…

Alright. Today is for celebrating so I’m not going to work much…
See you all later!!!

:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

marielle - I think another negative is the close way it is monitored by fans, who insist it MUST be exactly like the book or it's no good. Unfortunately, good books do not always make good movies. Some changes between page and screen may be upsetting to fans but sometimes it is necessary to make it work. One of the things that was annoying about The Host was the stiffness in the dialogue. While I'm not sure it was just in those sections translated directly from the book, some were, and I think the actors were probably reluctant to change it for fear of deviating too far from the source material, and sometimes you need to or it won't work.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

So glad there's no school today! It's so cold! It snowed and on the radio they said it was warmer at Christmas than it will be on Easter! How insane is that?
Richard Griffiths died...so sad. (He played Uncle Vernon in the Harry Potter movies, for those of you who don't know) He was of course MASSIVE, so it's not surprising that he had issues with his heart. He died of complications after heart surgery. But it's just so sad. He was a very talented actor and pretty versatile. I know he did both stage and film acting. I think he played Opposite Daniel Radcliffe in Equus on the stage, but I'm not positive. But that was sad news today.
I have to take Bug to swimming lessons soon, so I'll go through posts quickly.

Hi, Tonise! Nice to see you!

Hi Jaclyn! So good to see you! Am I remembering correctly that your birthday was last week? I'm sorry if I missed it and hope it was great. That's so cute that Baby E wants flowers. And horseback riding...my daughter has never asked to do that!

Sarah, I'm sure Jason really appreciates the effort you went to...did you make them glittery?
I still have some contact with all my bridesmaids, but my "maid of honor" bailed on me just before the wedding and I had to ask one of the other girls to step up, which she did. The girl I had originally asked lived in Canada...apparently they do things slightly differently there and she was throwing a hissy fit over the dresses. Apparently there, it's tradition that the bridesmaids pick their own dresses, rather than the bride choosing them. Or at least, she had been in one previous wedding, for which she was the only bridesmaid, and she had been allowed to pick her own dress. She wanted to wear that dress for my wedding as well and rejected every one of the 700 and some odd pictures of dresses I sent her. Finally, I narrowed it down to 4 or 5, taking into account ALL of my bridesmaids wishes (one didn't want cap sleeves because of her arms, one needed a full skirt because she's handicapped and couldn't walk in a form fitting skirt, one didn't want a certain neckline, etc) and then I let them all vote out of those options. All of them picked the same dress....except my "Maid of honor" who refused to wear any of them. I ended up buying the dang dress myself because she never sent the money to pay for it and then September 11th happened a week and a half before we got married, and she decided she "couldn't get on a plane...too terrifying" and refused to take a bus or drive. I suspect it was to get out of wearing the dress. So she didn't do ANYTHING to help with the wedding, and she bailed on me at the last minute. We are still "friends" in the sense that she is on my FB and we comment on each others' posts a couple times a year, but we're no longer so close as we were where we considered each other sisters. I think when you get married, usually you are young and your life is changing...we pick the people we are close to as single girls, then once we're married, we are in a different phase of our lives than our single friends are. It changes that relationship a bit. And as we grow, we see the friendships that we used to have aren't as close as they once were, because we want different things. My best friend, who I grew up with, had moved to Oklahoma and I didn't even have her address when I was getting married. I wish I could go back and have HER as my maid of honor. But we were in different phases of our lives, in different places. You may someday have the relationship with your maid of honor that you used to, but I don't think it's necessarily unusual to grow apart after you're married. One of my bridesmaids was already married, one got married less than a year after me, and we're still friends...in the same phase of our lives, still with lots in common. (kids, husbands, work) The other was my cousin, so we are still close because we're family. Just the one girl who bailed and still isn't married, has no kids, etc...she's the only one I don't really talk to much. Was this girl your only bridesmaid? Did she tell you she was getting married or she just posted it on her fb and you saw it?

Lynne, I wasn't sure if you read or liked the Host. I was thinking there was someone who didn't like it very much. I am excited to see the movie, but don't know when I will get to.

Sean, yay for a 3 day weekend! Hubs has Friday AND Monday off, which makes me happy since the kids have swimming lessons and it's nice not to have to take the bus for once! Do you have big plans for the weekend?

Marielle, Happy birthday, in case I can't get on tomorrow! I wish you a very happy day with lots of Rob!! I'm sorry about your ipod though!
No, I didn't see the Passion...I didn't know it was on. I remember when it came out in theaters it was very controversial. I wanted to see it, but never got to.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi Everyone, Crazy busy here too. I think you know that though because I am bummed I haven’t even read the MI with you all. Right now my children are on spring break and while I am on spring break from class my workload is the same. My research paper was 11 pages long and the last paper I did the other day was 7. I am just not use to this. This Saturday we are having a garage sale and then Sunday is Easter for us.

Jaclyn~ Don’t you just love the Iphone? I have to say I was happy to convert from my old phone. BabyE is 4? That is is crazy. IF you think time is speeding by wait till their in school for some reason it seems faster since it focuses more on time since they move up a grade every year.

Sarah~ I don’t talk to any of my bridesmaids anymore except for one. No hard feelings except for one which if I told the story I know you would all agree with me. The other one just lives to far away. My sister was one so I will always talk to her. Real life just takes over for everyone unfortunately.

Sean~ Get some rest over your 3 day weekend.

Marielle~ I feel you my iphone hasn’t been working well it is pretty old and has been dropped multiple times. I do really not want to buy a new one either.

Susan~ Brrr snow. We really don’t snow here. If we do we have to drive straight up a mountain for only a few inches that is only for sledding.
Banner by TammyAZ