Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

I just had some sandwich wraps with turkey, jalapeno chicken, pepperoni, provolone and pepper jack cheese. Pretty good and filling.

I'll be taking a nap for a while soon, it's good nap weather where I'm at anyways.

Happy Mother's Day everyone. :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Happy mother's day!

Lynne, I'm sorry you're sad after the book launch. Do you do agents there? I don't know much about how publishing works, but I was just talking to my friend in the UK and she said that she doesn't want to go straight through a publisher with her books because an agent can get you so much more and they do all the hard work, negotiating with the publisher so you can just concentrate on writing. I wondered if that's maybe an option for you?
Was the rose bush the one she wanted? We got my MIL an orchid plant. It was so cute because MM is color blind and he's the one that picked it out because "she doesn't have a black one with white spots". He's right that she didn't have one like this, but it's purple, not black.

Sean, I've seen a bunch of owls in the zoo in Antwerp Belgium, but I have no idea if any of them were barn owls. There were several didn't kinds, but I don't know how they translate them, and I wasn't really paying attention to the names. But it was pretty cool to see them, anyway.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I had a lovely Mothers' Day yesterday. After the present-giving, we went down to the Gold Coast to see Hubby's Grandma. We stayed and had lunch down by the beach and then walked along the beach kicking a soccer ball for a while before heading home. We had scrambled eggs, bacon and fried tomatoes on toast for dinner (at my request) and then I watched The Voice. It was a good day!

Yes, my MIL liked the rose bush and didn't have one of those. Phew!

Susan - ah yes, agents. You know, when I was marketing my screenplay I had it appraised by a professional screenplay writer and I asked him about getting an agent. He said, 'The agent industry is incestuous. You'll be lucky to ever get one until you actually have some success.' He proved to be correct. When trying to sell my screenplay, and later The Heir, I must have contacted at least 50 agents none of whom were the slightest bit interested in me unless I'd already had a nibble from someone, then they would be happy to negotiate for me (of course they would once I'd done all the hard work!). Some of my author friends have agents and I have no idea how they managed to do that. They probably knew someone.
Short answer: yes, getting an agent would make it easier to get a book published. Plenty of the websites I visited said that they only accepted manuscripts from literary agents. But getting an agent can be harder than getting a publisher. I tried that road last time, and I'm not sure I am ready to try it again just yet.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

I've been mostly focused on trying to survive this week-first full week back to work AND we had a deep clean yesterday-so I haven't had much to say. I've managed to salvage my weekend though :) Yesterday I came back from work to a bouquet of flowers and Jason was in the middle of planting a vegetable garden! He said the flowers are because I'm the future mother of his children :) And if it counts, I'm a pet mom as well. He took me out to dinner to a pizza place that I love last night.

Today we split up-it's the only holiday we routinely do this for- and I hung out with my Mom and her puppy while he had lunch with his. Next weekend I am taking my Mom to the Stars on Ice tour, to see the 2014 US Olympians perform as her gift :)

Lynne- Your Mother's Day weekend sounds nice, glad your MIL liked the rose bush! Sorry you've been a bit down this week :(

Song-Hi! How are your kiddos doing?
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I feel better this morning. We have a cat that's about to give birth, and hopefully we can find something to put her in soon. I don't think that it's imminent that she'll give birth, but I think she's looking around for places to have her kittens.

Today's going to to be warm, as will tomorrow, which with the humidity here, isn't a good thing for me. But I'll try and manage.

I also found a new musical act. Remember the videos that I'd post by someone named LiaNight? She's now got her own act with her sister that she writes lyrics and music for called LIANA. She's supposed to have their first video out posted to her You Tube page. I'll post a link when the video gets posted.

I have plans for gaming and fan fic tonight. I hope that I stay cool today, as well as anyone else where it's hot and humid :)

Songbird: Barn Owls look like the owls in the videos I posted (did the links work?). They have large white, heart shaped faces, black eyes, and those are the main distinguishing features of the barn owl and its related subspecies--as well as the fact that they hiss/sheik rather than hoot.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey everyone!

Today I'll be going to Dymocks bookstore where I frequently have signings, and seeing if I can get one in for The Reign in the next few weeks. Boy, doing this is more difficult than the signing itself! I'm already psyching myself up for all the smiling and happiness I'll try to radiate when convincing people that they need to buy my books.

Sarah - aw, wasn't that nice of him to give you those flowers like that! Well done!

Sean - make sure you post photos of those kittens when they're born.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

It's here! The lyric video for Liana's single "Oceans":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVnSj7ripPQ

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi all! I swear, I never have anything of interest to tell you all. I'm busy getting ready for Bug's birthday next week, and also her musical theater performance this weekend. Mr. Man started the last level of swimming lessons for his A diploma yesterday and was super proud that he got to swim without the floatie belt. They have belts and arm things with either 1, 2, 3, or 4 sections and as they get better, they reduce the number of sections. He's down to 1 now, but he got to swim with no belt Monday for part of the time. He's loving it.
My niece turns 1 tomorrow! Time flies!

Lynne, yes, it's really hard getting an agent! My friend has been trying for a few years now, and she's FINALLY getting somewhere. Her writing has really improved. From the first books I read for her, she's gotten SO much better with writing characters and with the flow of the story. She has 3 of the top 4 agents in the UK interested in her work now, and she has a pitch with one of them this Saturday, and if that doesn't go well, another of them wrote her an email last week asking her to send anything new she had if she hasn't found an agent yet. And this is without reading her latest 2 books, which are the best ones. So I'm confident she's going to get signed, but man what a long and frustrating process. And you end up opening yourself up for rejection....it's a hard business to break into!
Good luck getting your signings set up!!
Glad you had a nice Mother's Day!

Sarah, that was sweet of Jason. And pets totally count as kids!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

*waltzes in with cake and a stack of party hats*

Happy birthday Rob!
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Happy Birthday Rob :)

I hope that you liked the Liana video I posted.

I don't have a ton in the way of plans for today, though gaming and fan fic will probably fit in somewhere. Today's pretty hot and humid where I am if there's not a breeze or overcast around. And it might get stormy today and tomorrow.

I have plans for pork chops today or tomorrow for dinner. I just gotta see where that'll fit in with my plans.

And here's a cute barn owl video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnwrmg2w7_Q

I'll be back later :)