Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a pretty crappy day to be honest. Taxi was way late getting me to work, and late picking me up from work, and I didn't even know for a while it was out there. So I was pretty PO'd all day, and I went to sleep after I got home. A few other things have been bugging me the past couple of days, so I don't know if I'll take a mental health day off from work tomorrow or not.

At least on www.theyareliana.com, they have a new video up about their songwriting. You have to click on the "watch on You Tube" feature when you play the video, but theyareliana.com is where it can be accessed.

Other than looking up some Audi stuff and usual internet fare, I don't know what I'll be doing tonight.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Sorry for the absence this week, I've just been so busy with work and so brain dead afterward I had nothing of interest to say...My boss still hasn't given birth! I thought for sure she'd give birth last weekend but nothing yet..her due date is tomorrow so we'll see!

I'm a bit sad that our wonderful weather is finally coming to end but it's been a nice run of it at least.

Lynne-how are you doing? I'm glad to hear you have a few positive things lined up! I can only imagine how hard it is to keep trying to sell yourself and your art.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Today I have a picnic to go to. The family is coming with me. It's with a few other writers that I am friends with. Hopefully it will be fun. It's also great that it's the first Saturday in two weeks that is lovely and fine.

My brother will be on his way to England now. I hope he'll do well there.

Sarah - I'm glad you're keeping busy. It's better than work being slow! Yeah, I have a couple of things lined up, and as now we're about to start getting my parents' house ready for selling, I probably can't fit anything else in anyway.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Pasta salad was good last night and I'm right now trying to figure out what I wanna eat tonight. At least I got my paycheck and I'll be doing some grocery shopping tomorrow. Don't know about tonight's dinner, though.

And I had a good day at work today, and the weather was good, though it's supposed to get very hot tomorrow. Then, on top of that, it'll start raining again. But as I said, at least I'll be getting out tomorrow.

I don't have a ton of plans tonight, just watch some shows later tonight and look up some Audi stuff, and maybe sleep in. After all, I do get labor day off at work.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

The picnic was nice yesterday. The weather was great, although the place where we went was holding an orchid show, so parking was difficult. There were only three other writers there but we had a great time chatting about books and all sorts of things.

I thought they'd invite their families, so took Hubby and Little Man. Unfortunately, not one else did. However, we'd brought some balls and things with us so Little Man and Hubby played with those while I talked.

When we were going back to the car we got a big surprise as we were walking to the gate. As I looked up there was a friend of Hubby's with his family, but this friend lives in Melbourne and we had no idea they were coming up to Brisbane. Apparently he'd left a message on Hubby's phone, which he almost never uses. I gave them my number and they came over for dinner last night, which was great.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

It's definitely hot where I'm at, though you should try to explain that to the little kittens. They like to escape when someone opens the front door. After all, they were born outside and if allowed to become older before we got them, they probably would've ended up being feral cats. Meanwhile, as for our older kittens, Shelby likes to run outside at the merest provocation (she's 8 months old), while Jade has seemingly no interest going outside as I found out yesterday when I took her outside on a walk.

I went to Walmart and got some stuff today, namely a new microwave and I'm just waiting for my older brother to sit it in here and plug it up. Maybe I'll use it tonight to make one of my new TV dinners, since it'll be pretty hot to make something in our oven. I also might wash dishes tonight since we got a new dishpan. Only good thing I'll say about the temperature right now is that we do have a breeze, it's moderately overcast and it's actually a dry heat for once.

For tonight, I'll be looking up more Audi photos, doing dishes, and moderating at a NASCAR forum tonight and tomorrow night.

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I just got done talking to a friend from Bulgaria and it was great to talk with her again. She's so fun to talk to and it sad IMO that we don't get to talk like that more often.

Aside from that, today hasn't been exciting, which if fine by me because I wanna relax and have some fun today. I'll be modding a NASCAR forum later, looking up some Audi stuff and maybe beating a PC game later. I might work on fan fic tomorrow if I get some time to dedicate to it. BTW, I'm enjoying my 3 day weekend and my new microwave oven!

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm working for our business today since I don't have any work for Rochelle. Hopefully she'll have something more for me soon.

We were over at my parents' house yesterday starting to sort out what we need to do before we put their house on the market. We have a plan of attack, which is good. There are just a lot of things to box before we get there, especially books. They have lots of books. It's going to take a lot of work and a lot of boxes but I'm hopeful it will be ready about the third week in September.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi, sibs! I'm home! Finally, vacation is over and it's back to routine! The summer really flew by this year, probably because I was working a lot. I worked 2 full days every week (which TOTALLY killed my feet!). Then we did something EVERY weekend...going to an amusement park or playground, etc, plus going to my in-laws'. I'm kind of exhausted. They had a deal at the local library that if your child has a membership, you could get a free 3 month membership, so I did that and I've been reading every spare moment to make the most of my 3 months. It's not worth it to get a regular membership. It costs something like 40 Euro and their English section is so small...they only have 4 or 5 racks of books in it. But the 3 month membership is nice because I can read a few of the really popular books that I've been wanting to read, like The Goldfinch, and Fall of Giants (which I've wanted to read FOREVER) and also caught up a bit on the Maeve Binchy books I haven't read. So yay!

The kids went back to school today. Bug was really excited. She loves school, missed her friends, and she's excited about learning English this year, though I told her the stuff they will learn this year will be stuff she already knows. She already speaks somewhat fluently and the kids will probably be learning stuff like how to count, and colors, etc. But she is excited that she can help her friends then. Mr. Man might get to swim for his first swim diploma in a few weeks. It would be SO nice to have his swimming done by December so he can move on to soccer!

I think that's all the news here.

Lynne, too bad about the school library. Do community libraries do book sales there? In the US, libraries hold a book sale each year to generate revenue to buy new books. They get rid of old books that haven't been checked out for a long time. I was thinking if your libraries do that, that might be a great opportunity for the school to build up their library. The last 2 times I went to the US, it's been at library book sale time and I came home with over 50 new books each time. They only charge a dollar per paperback, 2 dollars per hard back, 50 cents for children's books, and I think on the last day of the sale, they do bags or boxes where you pay 3 dollars per full box or bag.
Does Rochelle not have work or she can't pay you? What will your hubby do when you sell your business?

Sarah, did your boss have the baby yet? How exciting!
Did you get rid of the fleas?
I loved your tales from Forks!! I really hope I make it there someday!

Sean, that must have been great catching up with a friend. I always love it when I get to see my friends here.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Today I have grocery shopping and trying to hunt up some cheap curtains to put in a couple of rooms at my parents' place. The ones they've got up are faded and patched in some places so that's not going to do much good when it comes to resale. I've just got to find good ones that don't cost much.

Susan - I'm glad you had such a good holiday and that you were able to catch up on reading. I don't use the library much myself. This is why I always ask for Amazon gift cards for birthdays and Christmas, so I can buy the books that I like for my kindle. Rochelle doesn't have much work, she also doesn't have much money, she's also on maternity leave for a few weeks. It's a combination of all three. Hubby is planning to do a consultancy business to help other photographers. He's confident he can earn good money doing that. I'm not so confident. But then, he's an optimist and I'm a pessimist!