Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

My doctor appointment went well and other than that, today so far has been uneventful. I do plan on doing some gaming stuff tonight, and working on fan fic over the weekend.

But other than that, I don't really have too much to say.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

We're having some friends over for dinner tonight, so I'll be doing a lot of cooking today! Not much else on.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I thought I had posted last week, but I guess not. I'll have to come back when I have more time. Today was the last day of school and the last 2 weeks have consisted of a lot of running to meetings, school activities, psychologist appointments, etc. So that's why I haven't been here. I'll try to come back tomorrow or Sunday.
Last edited by Songbird on Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Got paid today, had a pretty good day at work and got some stuff at Walmart and a pretty good pizza. I still have a couple of slices left for later on tonight.

There's not really much on TV tonight, so I'll mostly use tonight for gaming, possibly fan fic, and catching up on reading. And I still have enough money for my outing next week.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

Busy week this week since I am helping train our new person finally who will take over for my boss when she gives birth. I like the girl she hired, she's nice and is studying for a degree in Education, so we have a lot in common. She's also a Christian which is really nice!

I'm relieved it's the weekend and it's the first weekend in a while we don't have plans. I need to get the house in order and hope to catch up on sleep :)

Lynne-I hate unproductive trips/meetings but I guess you never know until you try :/ I used to skin my knee a lot as a child so I definitely sympathize with MM. Glad his birthday went well!

Song-Hi! Good to see you around :)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a bed guest last night. Shelby, one of our cats (7 month old kitten) decided to sleep in my bed before I turned in, and once I got in, she wanted to be petted and she had one of the loudest purrs I ever heard from a cat her size. She also climbed all over me until she decided to go back to sleep, and she was still there when I woke up a little while ago. She's definently going to be like her mother in the affection department, though I wish that Jade and Snowball were a bit more like that, though they're only like 3 months old.

I don't have many plans today. I'm just hoping to find something to watch on TV later tonight when I decide to make some pasta salad. I'll be doing some gaming and catching up on reading, and maybe working on my fan fic stuff.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Today our church is meeting at a beautiful place called Bellbird Grove. It's up on Mt Nebo and is lovely and green and fresh and pretty and definitely a place I'd take a visitor to Brisbane! *hint hint* We've got plenty of food left over from the party last week (which I froze) and from a Norwex cleaning party I had yesterday, so we should have a good feed. I'm looking forward to it!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi, Honey, I'm home! We made it through the end of the school year. The last 2 weeks were crazy!! They had all sorts of activities and I had all sorts of meetings. I thought I was done for the summer, but I have a choir board meeting on Tuesday night now, which will only have a few people because some are on vacation and one has mono and is taking it easy.
It's been really hot here the last few days. We usually don't get much "summer" weather here. Just a couple of heat waves that last a few days. We get about 3 weeks worth of hot days, and when I say hot, it's usually around 25-30 Celsius (70s- 80s F). Yesterday was 35.4 degrees (95 F) and we don't have airco here because, like Sarah said, it's not necessary for the few days of heat we get. But we went to a lake yesterday for the kids to swim. It's a big recreational area, man-made, and there's a stretch of sand, a roped off shallow area, and a separate kiddie area. Hubs played with the kids in the water while I watched over our stuff...I don't handle heat well, so I stayed in the shade of the trees. But the kids wanted to go to the kiddie area so hubs said ok, as long as they came to tell us before they moved anywhere else. An hour later, they weren't back and it was past lunch time and we needed to reapply sunscreen, so hubs went to go look for them and they weren't at the kiddie pool, so he panicked thinking they drowned, went frantically looking for them and found them WAY down along the "beach" not at ALL where they were supposed to be. So we had to come home instead of having lunch there and playing more. They got the message loud and clear that if we can not trust them to be where they are supposed to be that we won't do fun things. We canceled the rest of the day, ate sandwiches for lunch instead of the fries they WOULD have gotten there, and they didn't get to do any fun things when we went to do the shopping. We had to get new shoes for hubs and a bike lock for Bug, and normally they would get to play in the toy cars outside of some of the stores, etc, or we might have rented some videos. But yesterday we didn't let them do any of it. At bath time, Bug said to me, "I wish I could go back in time and not do that." She felt so bad she imposed her own punishment on herself, which I lifted because she is VERY hard on herself. When she left the TV on once, I said no TV the next day..she said she thought she shouldn't watch TV for a whole week. Yesterday, she said she shouldn't get to have her stuffed animal (Lady) for a while, which since Lady goes EVERYWHERE, that's a pretty huge punishment and since we had already taken all the fun stuff away, it was completely unnecessary to deny her Lady. And MM has quite the punishment in the form of a sunburn. He's got skin like mine...he looks almost albino. You could pick him out of the crowd of kids swimming because he was paler than everyone else. But his sunscreen wore off before Bug's did so he has a burn all over his back where she was lightly pink and she has Opa's skin that only stays pink for a few hours and then turns to tan. She's fine. But MM had a REALLY hard time sleeping last night and judging by the fact that I woke up at 4 with him next to me in bed instead of HUBS, I must have slept through some of it. He was having nightmares when I went to bed and I went in to check on him, but he didn't wake up. Then hubs went in and I guess he was up then and couldn't get back to sleep, so Hubs put him in our bed and he went to sleep in MM's bed. But I think the kids both learned their lesson.

Lynne, I saw the pics from the birthday party. Cute idea! Did you make the cake yourself? Looked like a fun day! I know how much fun we used to have playing with a parachute! That would have been the best birthday activity ever when I was a kid!! And that's so sad that LM fell and skinned his knee on his birthday. No fun!!! Does he dwell on stuff like that? MM will have an awesome day and then something like that happens and he won't remember ANY of the fun things and he'll remember that as the day he skinned his knee instead of the day we did something fun.
How'd the Church activity go?
Sorry the book signings aren't looking good, but yay for the book club!!

Sarah, good that you got the new girl in and that you like her! That must be miserable cleaning in the heat. I used to clean houses with my mom sometimes and there were some like that that didn't have airco and it was awful! Hope it cools down a bit for you.
Ice cream sounds like a good tradition on report card day, too. So cute that your dad did it mostly because HE wanted the ice cream. Too funny.

Sean, that's nice that you had a kitten to cuddle for a night. Maybe the other kittens will follow her example. Are you planning to keep all the kittens then?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

My parents are vising and we have a new light in the living room thanks to my father and little brother. Shelby slept with me last night, and Jade likes my mother, and mom showed me how Jade likes to be held, and maybe Snowball would like being held the same way.

I don't have much planned for today aside from gaming, looking up stuff, and working on fan fic. So that's what I have planned for today.

Songbird: Shelby repeated what she did last night. It should be noted that Jade and Snowball are only like 2-3 months old or so. They're only starting to tolerate being held, though they like to be petted, and they have no issue with my holding them the way my mom does.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm doing more editing today. Fortunately, the book I'm doing now is a lot better than the last one. It's an okay read. Hopefully I can fix up any problems.

Our church had a great time in the mountains yesterday. It was a lovely day and the boys all had fun playing heaps of sport while the mums sat in the sun and talked. It was a nice way to spend the day.

Susan - man, I would have been freaking out if I couldn't find Little Man! I'm glad your kids seem to have got the message. Yes, we'll see what comes of the visit to the book club. I don't think the visits to the bookstores will come to anything.