Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Songbird »

Hi! Only a week and a half to go until our big concert and I can't wait until it's over. Feeling really stressed. I am SOOOO glad I didn't audition for solos. I would be dying of nerves by now.
This Friday is hubs' company outing. It's always a surprise what we're doing but we're supposed to wear good shoes and appropriate clothes for the weather, so I'm guessing it's going to be outside and doing a lot of walking. Should be fun though. It's going to be a tight schedule because we have to take the kids to my BIL's house where they are staying the night, and then we have to meet hubs' coworkers, then pick the kids up in the morning and get back here to our town by 9 a.m. for my rehearsal for choir.

Lynne, why are you second guessing yourself? I understand that Allegiant had an ending that was not embraced by the fan community, but did you do something drastic with the ending that is similar? If not, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Has anyone you know read it? (Your parents, or husband or a close friend) I'm sure it will be fine. Will it appeal to everyone? No, of course not...NO book does. JK Rowling, Stephenie Meyer, it doesn't matter...there will be people who don't like the ending. But that's ok. Because there will be some to whom it speaks, and resonates...those are the ones who you want to reach. And a few people who are hard to please? At least they read it. Don't stress.

Sarah, how is the new car so far? Since you mentioned a truck like Bella's, are you planning on getting into many more accidents? I rather got the impression that you had kind of had enough.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Today I have a meeting with the head of the English Department at a private school about the possibility of me becoming their author-in-residence next year. It will probably involve as much time as I want to put into it, and they will pay me for it, although I don't know how much. Wish me luck!

Sarah - yes, I thought that she had failed to deliver what that article suggested she was trying to achieve. Yeah, I've never read Midnight Sun fanfiction either. I read the first two paragraphs of one once and I'd already spotted three things that I didn't think Edward would say or do, so I left it!

Songbird - Oooooh, it's getting exciting. I hope your concert goes really well! Yes, I am probably second-guessing myself. That's the thing, though. At the moment Rochelle's husband (who is a good editor in his own right) is reading The Reign and he is the first person, apart from myself, who has ever read it. Then Wendy, another professional editor, will read it too. I'm getting nervous, though, that it's taking so long for them to get it back to me. If I have heaps of changes to do I will not have much time to do it.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today was just weird. I'm back on my old work schedule more or less, and I'm struggling with that, and I just feel strange right now. I feel like I do when there's a big weather change. I just feel like crap right now.

I do have plans on looking up some stuff, but aside from that, I don't have too much planned right now. Hopefully I'll wake up in better shape tomorrow.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone :)

Long day today..this weekend that should be fairly quiet cannot come soon enough! I'm starting to feel positively exhausted and just need some downtime.

I re-read The Hunger Games, first full book since Allegiant..which I'm still not over. I've decided to return the Divergent journal I bought from Target but I'm still torn on the first two books. I love the initial story so much!

Lynne-I'm pretty sure as long as you don't do the drastic ending that VR did, The Reign will be great and I won't hate you ;) I didn't love the ending of THG but I still felt like it wrapped up the story fairly well. Twilight of left me wanting more, always!

Good luck with your interview, that is SO exciting :D

Song-Haha, geeze I hope not. I'm over it with accidents. I'm nervous about driving now. Have fun this weekend :)
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Parenting dilemma: MM came home today and we were talking about his day. He had PE today and I asked him what they did. He said they had to wrestle over a ball to get it and that his partner was way stronger than he was and this kid told him he was going to kill him. He got upset about that and said it wasn't nice. I agreed, that wasn't a nice thing to say. So when Hubs got home I had HIM ask about PE and MM told him this kid wasn't even in his group for the wrestling game. So here's my dilemma. I don't think a death threat is something a 5 year old makes up, and he was visibly upset by it when he was telling me about it...so it MUST have happened, right? He's not prone to lying that I know of. The few times he's said something I questioned, like that hubs told him he could have popcorn for breakfast, it turned out to be true. So I don't think he lied about it. I also don't think this kid really knew what he was saying. He could have heard it on a tv show or a video game. 6 year olds don't have that strong of a concept of death as a permanent thing. (A friend of mine posted a few weeks ago that their really old dog seemed to be getting close to the end and when they were camping, her son who is I think 7 or 8, said he was sure the dog would be fine because he had never died on a camping trip before.) It's just not something they deal with. So if he said it, I'm sure he was probably just meaning it like trash talk...like "You're going down!" and had no idea that he shouldn't say he's going to kill someone. This IS the kid that has been bullying MM, pushing him, chasing him and trying to kick him, etc. But I don't think the kid is EVIL...just wild. BUT, someone needs to clue him in on what's appropriate and what's not before he ends up in real trouble. But I can hardly go to the teacher with "This kid may or may not have threatened my son's life at some point yesterday." But I don't want to really bring it back up to MM as it was obviously upsetting to him and I don't want to remind him of it. But without getting the rest of the story, I don't know how to handle it. So...how should I proceed??

Lynne, good luck with the school!! That sounds exciting and fun! And it's great that you'd get paid for it, too!!
Perhaps them not getting back to you means there's not much needing to be changed? Have you asked Rochelle about it? She should know how it's going and if there's a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed, right? It must be really hard to wait, though...I'm sure you feel vulnerable.

Sean, weather changes usually make people feel a bit edgy. The phase of the moon can do that, too. Hopefully you'll feel more yourself in a few days.

Sarah, I kind of thought you might be over the accidents!
If you think you will read the first two books in the series again, keep them. Just ignore the existence of the 3rd one. You love the first two and that obviously hasn't changed despite your feelings about the 3rd one.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I don't know if it's just the time of year or whatever it is, but I still feel weird. I feel kinda run down and overwhelmed. I'm back to working mostly 2 hour shifts at work, and it feels like such a rush now at times. I have 2 hours to get stuff done in, which I felt like before was barely enough to get stuff done in. Now, I feel like that all over again.

Needless to say, I'll be glad when I get my new job started up. More hours a day to work, I can work at my own pace as opposed to feeling rushed and worrying about answering the phone and worrying about what the call might be about, or dealing with malfunctioning office equipment.

Being a receptionist is not a job to be taken lightly from my experience over the past year as one. It's a difficult job, especially when you're shy and don't do very well in social settings or talking with people you don't really know, and don't know all the inner working of the organization that you're working for.

I have a few things that I want to do before taking a break and trying to work on more stuff online later. I work tomorrow for a couple of hours, then I have to get home, go to the bank, do shopping, and figure out what else I want to do tomorrow and this weekend.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

My meeting yesterday went well. He seems keen to have me on board, although his knowledge of literature outweighs mine, I think! He wants me to suggest how much reimbursement I would like to receive. I would have preferred if he would have at least given me a figure so that I would have something to work with, but I think Hubby and I have settled on something reasonable. We'll see what he thinks.

Sarah - No comment. ;)

Songbird - no, I know that her husband just hasn't got around to doing it yet, and he needs to do it before the other editor even gets it. They've got too much else to do at the moment. I've made comments at FB about MM's situation. I think Susie's suggestion is a good one.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Quiet night at home for me, I'm watching whatever I want to on TV since Jason is out with his friends :) Definitely what I needed after a crazy week! I need to be cleaning though, I'm so behind on housework.

Last night was Halloween here and we didn't feel like passing out candy (mostly because the dog would be going nuts when the doorbell rang, wanting to greet all the kiddos!), so Jason and I headed to the mall. I've noticed that a few stores here are starting to get their Hunger Games merch for the Catching Fire premiere which is awesome. Just a few weeks to go! Was it really that long ago we were preparing for BD2?

Lynne-any luck finding some good YA to read? I personally adore Sarah Dessen and have been reading her stuff for ten years. It's well written and she has a way of developing some really quirky memorable characters.

Song-sorry I couldn't be of any help yesterday, I saw your post in both places but I'm not a Momma yet so I wasn't sure what advice to give! I'm still debating on the first two Divergent books..if you've seen the discussion on the Lex Library at all, the third book essentially nullifies the first two which I don't think I'll ever get over. I'm likely putting the books on eBay..I'll always carry the stories with me and if I ever want to re-read them, the library will for sure have them I assume!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I've joined nanowrimo to try and help me write my new novel.

For those who don't know, nanowrimo is a special thing that happens for writers in November. We join a website, where they encourage us to write 50,000 words during the month. I thought I may as well see if it motivates me with the new story.

My new story, which is tentatively called More than Survival, is (I think) a stand-alone fantasy novel. It seems to be going okay so far.

Sarah - yes, i'm looking forward to Catching Fire. I hope it's good. I haven't seen a movie in the cinema since I saw The Host, which I found so disappointing. I did download a light, free romantic comedy to my kindle to try and get my mojo back after Allegiant. Unfortunately, it wasn't that great. Also, since I spent all my book money buying the Divergent books, I can't really afford to pay for anymore books at the moment, so they have to be freebies.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I kinda feel like crap right now. Feel pretty tired and run down. Long day yesterday, stayed up most of the night last night, and now it's cold and rainy. I'm already burned out on fall and winter, and it's not even near winter yet.

I also still don't know when I'll be starting my new job, and I already mentioned it's a pain to be back to working two hours a day on most days. That doesn't help with my frustration and anxiety.

At least I got some money yesterday and bought a pizza that I liked (though not the one that I originally wanted). But aside from that, I feel weird and tired, and I have some stuff to work on today.

I'll be back later.