Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Catching Fire was great. Having read the book, I felt it would translate well to the screen, and it did. It was also an accurate translation from book to screen. I can only think of one small (and not overly relevant) section that they left out and maybe they changed a couple of other things slightly. Everything else was exactly as it was in the book. I cried quite a few times in it, because of course, there was a lot of violence, emotion and danger.

Today, I'm working for our business and I should have time to do an hour or two on a private editing job I have, which I should have started yesterday! Never mind. I'll get through it. I'm also going well with nanowrimo. I have about 10,000 words left to write.

Sarah - Hope Jason's birthday goes well!

Songbird - I'm glad the kids are doing so well in school.

Sean - yep, it was worth the money I spent on it.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Have had a decent day so far today, though I sort of feel like crap. I have some stuff that I'll probably try and look up later tonight and maybe even work on fan fic depending on my mood and such.

Other than that, I don't have much to post right now.

Lynne: Glad you enjoyed the film! :)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Oh my gosh has the weather changed!! We're now in the midst of a crazy cold snap, where it's getting into the 20s! Freezing!! I'm just glad it's not snowing..no time for snow with Thanksgiving next week :) I brought Jason's birthday stuff over to my parents house tonight so I can wrap it this weekend.

I'm really excited for Catching Fire tomorrow, especially with work being so hectic this week..I knew it would be since we've had to shuffle the schedule around so tomorrow night will be awesome!!

Lynne-I've read about a few things left out and based on the trailers, it looks amazing!! I'm sure I'll cry when Mags dies and when Cinna gets beaten up. Oh the emotions! :)

Song-I'm so glad your kiddos are doing so well!! That's awesome to hear! Remind me again how long Sinterklaas goes for?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

It's Saturday here, and we don't have much on, which is nice, after such a hectic week. I do have another book club tomorrow afternoon, though.

Sean - yes, I can recommend it!

Sarah - yeah, I cried quite a bit actually, because a lot of it was highly emotional. You can see the strain on Katniss already.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Got paid today, got some stuff from the grocery store and some items for Thanksgiving. Other than that, today wasn't really too exciting. All I know is that by Sunday, it's supposed to get extremely cold for this time of year, and all next week isn't going to be great either.

At least I hope to go on an outing by my birthday. Also, the Speedway gas stations around where I live have plenty of interesting stuff for me to get. Various sandwiches and drinks, and even milkshakes that you can make yourself with a blender.

I have some plans for tonight: F1 practice, dinner, looking up some stuff, and possibly working on fan fic.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi! It has been a rough week. Busy, and another of hubs' uncles died on Wednesday night. He was already in the hospital for his leg which was probably going to be amputated, and he had a stroke. On the one hand, it's kind of to be expected that we'll start losing his aunts and uncles...there are close to 40 of them. His mom is one of 9 children and his dad is one of 11, so that's 20 in their generation, and then they all married, so there are 40. And as his mom and dad are both, I think, the second youngest of their families, it makes sense that they will start losing their siblings. But this makes 5 this year and it's just hard.

I hope I get to see Catching Fire....maybe for my birthday. Everyone has said it's really good. I just need to find a time when my in-laws can watch the kids and we don't have anything else.

Sarah, are you doing Thanksgiving at your house or with your family? I miss Thanksgiving.
Sinterklaas goes until December 5th. That's the evening kids get to open presents. They get little things in their shoes every now and then up to that point, but the real presents, like our Christmas, are opened on the 5th. We don't really celebrate that though, because MM's birthday is on the 3rd and mine on the 9th, and it gets to be too much, so we celebrate Christmas instead. We just give them little things for Sinterklaas so they aren't left out at school when all the kids are talking about what they got, but we don't break the bank or spoil them rotten by buying for 2 different holidays.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Now, here, it's snowing. Visibility is kinda crap right now looking out my window. And it's going to get even colder tonight and tomorrow.

Other than that, things are going fine. Later today, I'm going to help clean out the refrigerator for Thanksgiving stuff. And I'm going to try and keep warm and occupied today and finish up some stuff.

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Boy am I glad it's the weekend. The past three work days have been busy and hectic! Thank God next week is a short week, although busy, but it'll be my first time with more than two days off since June!

Catching Fire was great!! I made a night out of it with one of my best friends..we went to dinner and then killed some time at the nearby mall before we got in line about an hour or so before our showing! I love that new movie buzz, where the entire crowd is excited to see it :) I thought it did very very well, story wise, and a lot of the characters really popped more on screen, like Finnick and Johanna. I definitely want to see it again!

Lynne-is it strange I'm sort of dreading Mockingjay, Part One? I just don't know if I can watch them torture Peeta!! I had to close my eyes when they beat up Gale and Cinna..too sad. Way too sad!

Song-that makes sense :) I love hearing about your traditions since they're different from ours! My parents host Thanksgiving and it's just them and us since we don't have any extended family around here and my sister is unable to come up from California. Thankfully Jason's parents each go to their own siblings' celebrations, so we aren't offending them by not going. I just could never leave my parents alone :/ I'll be contributing desserts this year, including a birthday cake for Jason.

Sorry to hear about yet another death, how sad :(
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey everybody!

I've only just realised that I forgot to post here yesterday because I was so consumed with the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special. I don't think any of you are Doctor Who fans, but it was fantastic and I really appreciated it, even cried a bit at the end at a special cameo.

I also had another book club yesterday. I sold two copies of each book, which was good, although there was a storm while I was there with hail (we've had a lot of those just lately). My car was okay, but it does have a tiny nick on the windscreen, which I'll probably need to have fixed before it gets any bigger.

Songbird - I'm sorry things have been tough for your Hubs lately. That kind of thing is so hard. I hope you can see Catching Fire for your birthday. I thought it was good both as a movie and as a book adaptation.

Sarah - I'm glad you liked Catching Fire! Yeah, I'm worried about the torturing Peeta bit too. I'm also worried about them turning that book into two movies. I don't think they've got enough story for that. We'll see.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Why must Sunday evenings come some quick?! Oh well, this weekend has been a nice one! We celebrated Jason's birthday with his cousins last night with dinner out which was fun!

I had considered putting up our Christmas tree today but neither of us really felt like it. Hopefully I'll get in the garage this week and dig through some of the stuff. I just have this gut feeling that I'll blink and the season will be over. Thanksgiving snuck up on me like that!

Lynne-glad you enjoyed Doctor Who! I'm not a fan, but I knew plenty of people were excited for it! Did you catch how a bit of Sam Clafin's accent slipped through when he was speaking? It just added to the wonderfulness of Finnick! I think that there will be plenty of material for Mockingjay, especially if they really play up what Snow is doing Johanna and Peeta :( I suspect it'll end with him choking her..that makes the perfect split to me.