Heath Ledger

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Heath Ledger

Post by spookybell »

Oh Heath Ledger, so dang sad.... He was amazing and tallanted. I think I have seen all of his films and I have alwasy adored him because he was so dang cute, and admired his amaziing acting ability. He was one of my favorite actors and I was so excited with always thinking that there would be so many movies thet I would be so fortunate to see as he continued to develop as an actor. I was shoced, devistated, and sad for his friends and family and I consider it a huge loss.

I loved A Knights Tale. I only own my favorite DVD's and that is one of them :)
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

Heath Ledger had a way of bringing each and every character to life. He was able to go from a delinquent teenager to the definition of a lady's man to a sick sadistic joker and made me believe it everytime.
My favorites of his are the dark knight, the brothers grimm, 10 things I hate about you and casablanca. His immense talent will be something truly missed; one can only begin to spark the imagination at what he was capable of had he had the chance.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
Pandancer
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Pandancer »

Heath Ledger certainly didn't get enough credit when he was alive, and he should still be around to hear all of the amazing responses to his performance in The Dark Knight. It's funny how people start to realize how great a person was after they're gone for good. :cry: Aww, we're gonna miss ya, Heath. Forget those kids who 'lost respect' for you because you might have have had a problem. ( Is that even true? I didn't read too much into it. ) I'm sure many of other actors do, too, they're just not willing to admit it.

I can barely listen to 'I Can't Take My Eyes Off You' without getting upset, since that was one of my favorite scenes in 10 Things I Hate About You. <3 He was great in that movie, as well as many others. Lords of Dogtown and The Brothers Grimm have to be two of my favorite movies, The Dark Knight was just amazing, and he was one of the few good things about the movie Casanova, in my personal opinion. And I haven't seen the whole movie, but Ennis just makes me smile in Brokeback Mountain, even if I can barely understand a word he's saying. xD

I'm happy Matilda is getting treated right, I just hope she doesn't let it go too much to her head. =P Man, she's looking more and more like him every day, too. :shock:
Backhoe Trainee in EDC, Inc. : Let's break down some houses! >D
Captain Bri Devonshire in Jasper's
Army -Salutes-
Kat.Flow
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kat.Flow »

Pandancer wrote:Heath Ledger certainly didn't get enough credit when he was alive, and he should still be around to hear all of the amazing responses to his performance in The Dark Knight. It's funny how people start to realize how great a person was after they're gone for good. :cry: Aww, we're gonna miss ya, Heath.
Yes, he was a great actor. What great perfomances he gave us, truly his movies will never be forgotten, specially The Dark Knight. He will become a legend, if he could only be here hearing all the responses like they've said before...I would be really happy if he wins the Oscar for his amazing perfomance, he deserves it.
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

Heath Ledger is such a great actor, the first movie I noticed him in was "A Knights Tale" and have been a fan ever since. I thought he did amazing as the Joker in the "Dark Knight"...very creepy. *shudders*
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

I remember when I first saw him in 10 Things I Hate About You and I loved him. He was so charasmatic and just jumped off the screen. He was such a talented actor and diverse too. To go from Brokeback Mountain to Batman and all the other genres he has-SUCH TALENT.I loved him in Brokeback too- all be it a controversial movie, but you just couldn't help but love his character- a testiment to his abilities. And so sad that he is gone now. You know what they say about only the good die young-so true. He will be missed.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

I will cry if he doesn't get that oscar, no one else deserves it as much . . . no one else's shone in their role and went into such scary character development for it . . .
I will cry and start a petition.
I've loved Heath as an actor for ages, before everyone started liking him and was in tears when he died . . . it's a travesty to the acting world.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

dazzlingdynamite wrote:I will cry if he doesn't get that oscar, no one else deserves it as much . . . no one else's shone in their role and went into such scary character development for it . . .
I've loved Heath as an actor for ages, before everyone started liking him and was in tears when he died . . . it's a travesty to the acting world.
AMEN! We don't even know who is nominated for the Acadamy Awards yet :) I do think Heath should get it... I have not seen Dark Knight yet, but I know he is a superb actor. This is his last chance... that is so, so, so, sad. I thought my friend was playing a mean joke on me when she told me.

10 Things I Hate About You - loved him so much
The Patriot - only saw because of Heath and I didn't love it
A Knight's Tale - LOVE this movie
Monster's Ball - Saw it only for Heath (again) and I think I may have disliked this movie
The Four Feathers - again... I saw it only for Heath... and have no intentions of seing it again
Ned Kelly - I bet you don't know why I saw this... ha!
The Order - I saw it for Heath and I didn't hink it was as awful as so many people did. It was okay :)
Lords of Dogtown - Saw it for Heath... didn't really like it (funny that the director is Twilight director lol)
The Brothers Grimm - Saw this for Heath... and it was a bonus to have Matt Damon. I would not watch it for Matt alone.
Brokeback Mountain - certainly Heath was a factor in seeing this movie... but i would have seen it anyways. This however was the first time I saw that Heath was an AMAZING actor and not just a pretty face.
Casanova - only saw it for Heath. Super cute Heath. It was borderline okay.
I'm Not There - I actually tried to watch this because of Heath... but I couldn't I did try!

other than Dark Knight... anyone seen any of his other movies (there are not many left)
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

spookybell wrote:
dazzlingdynamite wrote:I will cry if he doesn't get that oscar, no one else deserves it as much . . . no one else's shone in their role and went into such scary character development for it . . .
AMEN! We don't even know who is nominated for the Acadamy Awards yet :) I do think Heath should get it... I have not seen Dark Knight yet, but I know he is a superb actor. This is his last chance... that is so, so, so, sad. I thought my friend was playing a mean joke on me when she told me.

10 Things I Hate About You - loved him so much
The Patriot - only saw because of Heath and I didn't love it
A Knight's Tale - LOVE this movie
Monster's Ball - Saw it only for Heath (again) and I think I may have disliked this movie
The Four Feathers - again... I saw it only for Heath... and have no intentions of seing it again
Ned Kelly - I bet you don't know why I saw this... ha!
The Order - I saw it for Heath and I didn't hink it was as awful as so many people did. It was okay :)
Lords of Dogtown - Saw it for Heath... didn't really like it (funny that the director is Twilight director lol)
The Brothers Grimm - Saw this for Heath... and it was a bonus to have Matt Damon. I would not watch it for Matt alone.
Brokeback Mountain - certainly Heath was a factor in seeing this movie... but i would have seen it anyways. This however was the first time I saw that Heath was an AMAZING actor and not just a pretty face.
Casanova - only saw it for Heath. Super cute Heath. It was borderline okay.
I'm Not There - I actually tried to watch this because of Heath... but I couldn't I did try!

other than Dark Knight... anyone seen any of his other movies (there are not many left)
I know, but the Golden Globes give you a pretty good round up of who will be included.
I've seen most of those, but not all . . . like not Monster's Ball or the Four Feathers.
My fve of Heath's are definately The Dark Knight, 10 Things I Hate About You, A Knights Tale, The Brothers Grimm and Brokeback Mountain.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
Mr_Anderson
Settled in Forks

Post by Mr_Anderson »

A knights tale is a epic film