American Idol

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Re: American Idol

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I. Love. Ellen! She's so funny with Simon?
Opinions, anyone?
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Agreed. I'm so happy Ellen replaced Paula. She is so much more entertaining, as opposed to Paula who just sat there with a blank smile on here face clapping slowly with her arms extended too far out to be normal.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

I've been very pleasantly surprised with Ellen. I was really nervous about her because I was afraid she wouldn't take this seriously enough. Not only does she seem like shes willing to dish out some criticism, she does it in a way thats funny so it brings some light and tough love at the same time. I've been loving it!

However, I'm still stuck with Kara. I think she's trying to be the new Paula, and thats not going to work out.
Last edited by urcoolcarrie on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

urcoolcarrie wrote: However, I'm still stuck with Kara. I think she's trying to be the new Paula, and thats not going to work out.
Ha ha. I know what you mean. I didn't like her last season & I still don't like her.

I also agree with you guys about Ellen. I love her! She knows how to be serious when it's needed & give good criticism. But she is also being her funny & entertaining self! I'm excited to see the live shows!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
~*teamswitzerland*~
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ~*teamswitzerland*~ »

So, this is deffs the first time I've logged on here in like 4 months...
but I definitely NEEDED to post something about Idol! :D

So, the judges: I only really take Simon and sometimes Randy's opinions seriously. Kara is an idiot, and Ellen just isn't incredibly experienced in the music industry.
I love Ellen to pieces, but I just hate Kara. She is a moody, egotistical cougar. (Is egotistical a word?) She tries too hard to sound like she knows music, when she really doesn't. She just pisses me off.

The contestants: I'm kind of sad to see Joe leave; I didn't think he was too bad, but at the same time, I didn't think he really had it in him to win the competition. Tyler, I didn't really mind seeing him go. The two girls, I don't even really remember them, so I'm indifferent. I wish Alex Lambert would have left, though. I can't stand that mullet, and he needs to gain some confidence.

I don't know if any of you go to votefortheworst.com, but I do just for fun... They are voting for Hayley Vaughn and Tim Urban. I like Hayley, personally. As for Tim, well, I know he definitely is just barely hanging in there, and I do not think he has a great voice at all (not bad, but not outstanding). I will be very sad to see him leave, though, because he is a cutie pie. ;)
(and my thinking he is hot has NOTHING to do with the fact that he looks a LOT like this guy at my school I like. :P )
Taylor Lautner. (drool.) That is all. :)
Drunkster
Settled in Forks

Post by Drunkster »

I LOVE Ellen!

I have to say I am little shocked about the level of these singers that have now dropped off the competition,
they have been pretty horrible and still got so far in this competition :shock:
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Seriously.. Miley Cyrus is the mentor this week?!?! Seriously?! What a joke!!! What advice can she have to give, she's been famous for hardly any time at all and she has no real talent. Couldn't they have gotten someone who's been in the business for awhile and has lots of experience?! Tho, some of these contestants could use advice on how to become famous with hardly any talent at all...
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Bowersox, FTW!
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

I must say that I LOVE American Idol but this season I'm kinda disappointed. First off, the judges. I like Ellen and at first I didn't think I would. She doesn't really have much experience in the music field, and you can tell from her comments (they aren't very technical) but she is willing to let them know what she liked and what she didn't like. And I love that even when she has something negative to say she says it in a comedic way to lighten the mood. Kara, well what can I say about her except she gets on my last nerve. There is just something that seems so fake to me. Randy and Simon are about the same as they have been but has anyone else noticed that Simon seems a good bit nicer this season? Wonder if it's because it's his last. The contestants haven't been as good as in seasons past but I love Crystal Bowersox, Siobhan Magnus, Tim Urban, and Andrew Garcia
Edwards_Bella
Learning to Love Green

Post by Edwards_Bella »

My absolute favourite was Adam Lambert- the VERY gay rock god :P i'm yet to get my paws on his album 'let me entertain you' but he is Amazing! he caused quite a stir at the AMA's when his performance was rather raunchy and he kissed his keyboardist
<3 Look after my heart - I've left it with you <3
Click on the egg