Magazines

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cocoa

Magazines

Post by Cocoa »

What magazines do you read? See any good articles lately?
aurelia92
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Magazines

Post by aurelia92 »

i read vanity fair, instyle, empire and rolling stone/billboard magazine. havent seen anything good lately though, mainly cause im broke and cant afford any magazines:(
loverboyis
Learning to Love Green
Location: Debating on the Oxford Heels vs. the Laced Booties with Alice

Post by loverboyis »

Well, this is more of 'shout-out' to some of favorite magazines. I'm a bit of an addict towards them :D

So, some of my personal favorites would defiantly be, Muse, for making it more than a fashion magazine and including English text (It's originally a French Mag) plus, it was nice to see Coco Rocha on the June cover, i-D for there editorials and interesting articles, especially the latest September issue, the pass ones didn't do justice of i-D I think however, Paris Vogue ... though I can only make bits of parts of it, still, always on top of the fashion world, seeking out the best in designs and styling, British Vogue, because it's in full English text and I find it more intriguing than US Vogue, NYLON, because of there music selections and interviewing some of my favorite artists, though your fashion spreads and the fashion section in general has been lacking a bit, Teen Vogue, only because this magazine stated out my fashion fetish, though you've been going down the tubes for the last year. Your editorials are reaching commercial-likeness, your articles bring me to snores at times and your cover choices, just well, suck; Vanessa Hugens (sp?), and I'm hearing Mily Cyrus is on the next-list? At lease you can do is a put an over heard celeb that actually has a decent fashion sense and would actually know anything about fashion. The magazine is getting desperate for money I see. Anyhow, and can not forget about Numero, one of the most whimsical magz I ever read and saw, only wish the magazine would put more than a few black and white English text pages on. Though I absolutely appreciate it, and admire the magazine going a bit more international. Lula I love it for it's soft elegance and creativity that doesn't over-power you and the young nature it brings, nice and some what gentle spreads, I should start subscribing.

By the way, if I never do get to find the magazine, whether online an hour away from my town, I usually end up using Foto_Decent and/or Faking Fashion on LJ for numerous magazine spreads or editorials.
Cherry-Cherry Boom-Boom - Mosic
Liv-wa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Liv-wa »

The only magazine I have a subscription to is AP magazine...and even then only becasue I got it for free. I will buy individual magazines when good cover spreads take place though [:
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

The only magazines I shall ever read throughly are GamePro, and Popular Science.
I refuse to read other mafgaiznes. I think they're all stupid.
But thats just my opinion.
And I have too much fun drooling over the new video games... :D
Iguanarwhal
Settled in Forks

Post by Iguanarwhal »

I am crazy about National Geographic. Of course, it's known for it's photography which is beautiful. Who Murdered the Virunga Gorillas, was an excellent article in the July 2008 issue about the killing of a family (Fortunately not the entire family, but nonetheless awful) of mountain gorillas in Virunga National Park last summer. It was an amazing article and just really sobering to read about the horrific things going on in that region.

I actually like to pick up the issues of Nat Geo that people leave on the 'take one if you want, leave one if you can' shelf at my local library. They often go way back. I just got a a few from 1959 and 1958 (My oldest is July 1958!). It's rather neat. Think about it. That's before the United States had the nice even number of 50 states. Plus the December 1959 has an article entitled 'Russia as I Saw It,' by Richard M. Nixon, back when he was still vice president. Apparently he was a member of the National Geographic Society.
VampgirlWolfgirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by VampgirlWolfgirl »

I'm mainly a Look at the pictures kind of girl. Hehehe. I love looking at the new fashion trends and looking what to shop for (calling my inner Alice). I read Teen Vogue, Seventeen, Cosmogirl!, Allure, People, Us Weekly, Instyle, Lucky, Elle, Marie Claire, Nylon, Harper's Bazaar, and Vanity Fair.
"I am a vampire girl, and yet I am a wolf girl. Don't make me ever choose between the two."
~VampgirlWolfgirl
Sophie Cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sophie Cullen »

The only magazine that I subscribe to and read regularly is Shojo Beat. It's a manga anthology. I especially love their current series Vampire Knight. One of the vampires in it makes me think of Edward. Hee hee. . . :lol:
~Supporting Stephenie Meyer 100% Of The Way~
~Midnight Sun Virgin~
Iguanarwhal
Settled in Forks

Post by Iguanarwhal »

I'm rather fond of Shonen Jump. Thank goodness my library has a subscription, because I'm too cheap to buy it.
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

I like to read all the teen magazines because I like to read the embarrassing stories. They make me laugh! :D