True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
genuinesmile
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by genuinesmile »

nicalyrenard wrote:Also, anyone interested in the viral marketing scheme they used to promote this series, there are many fake websites set up like
http://www.bloodcopy.com, http://www.trubeverage.com, http://www.lovebitten.net, http://www.fellowshipofthesun.org, and http://www.americanvampireleague.com

I personally was sad to find out that you cannot actually sign up for lovebitten.net
I first found out about the show from watching a commercial for the lovebitten site, I was intrigued by it and thought it was awesome advertising. Anyways, I'm looking forward to it and am definitely going tune in this Sunday.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Yes it is a series that she continues to write for. There are currently eight books out and she isn't stopping anytime soon. She also has a short story in Many Happy Returns that is a Sookie story. I just got the book from the library and it is the first story, I'm working on it.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Did the first episode of the series show on HBO already? I don't currently have HBO, but I'd like to know if anyone likes what they've seen so I can try and find it online.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
genuinesmile
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by genuinesmile »

I just watched the first episode and I found it quite promising. I loved it. The characters are interesting and funny. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

I'm also looking forward to seeing 'brad' from Generation Kill :lol:
Dazzled <3
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dazzled <3 »

the show sounds interesting, i think i will go out and buy the book(s) like as soon as i can.

a little off topic-ish, but did anyone watch that series on lifetime last year or so that was called blood ties? i know it had something to do with vampires but i never did watch it. the dvd of the series comes out in january, i wonder if it is worth getting?
..:: Lauren ::..

Why am I covered in feathers?
I bit a pillow. Or two.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Dazzled <3 wrote:the show sounds interesting, i think i will go out and buy the book(s) like as soon as i can.

a little off topic-ish, but did anyone watch that series on lifetime last year or so that was called blood ties? i know it had something to do with vampires but i never did watch it. the dvd of the series comes out in january, i wonder if it is worth getting?
I didn't watch the series, but something I've personally noticed about Lifetime movies and some of their series' is they leave you hanging, no offense to anyone. Have you looked at amazon for reviews on Blood Ties? I wouldn't want to spend my hard earned money on the DVDs knowing I was left with that incomplete feeling, or didn't like the premise of the series.
Team Edward:
Because...
Wolf Boy
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Wolf Boy »

The fIrst episode was great, I cannot get over how Awesome the Music is and how they use music to represent different characters, and they use os well to set different tones, thats why HBO is so great, it makes the show so hip. Plus I loved Anna P and Stephen M chemistry. This Show is gonna be Great.

Also I watched Blood Ties and I liked it OK.
I will Always be waiting in the wings
Dazzled <3
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dazzled <3 »

I didn't watch the series, but something I've personally noticed about Lifetime movies and some of their series' is they leave you hanging, no offense to anyone. Have you looked at amazon for reviews on Blood Ties? I wouldn't want to spend my hard earned money on the DVDs knowing I was left with that incomplete feeling, or didn't like the premise of the series. [/quote]
Wolf Boy wrote:Also I watched Blood Ties and I liked it OK.
thanks for the imput guys, and good idea i will check amazon.
..:: Lauren ::..

Why am I covered in feathers?
I bit a pillow. Or two.
Likeasunburn
Protector Of Pel's Sanity

Post by Likeasunburn »

Trying to sit through this first episode... all the boobs so far have been kind of a turn off lol...
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Likeasunburn wrote:Trying to sit through this first episode... all the boobs so far have been kind of a turn off lol...
I can't stand it when it's intentional. If it was just an obvious occurrence because an actress is curvy, then fine. It's when it become a deliberate boobfest that I just get mad about women being cast for their looks and not for their acting abilities and portrayal of a character. I know studios are trying to bring in both audiences, but let's be balanced about the acting and eye candy for both genders, k?
Team Edward:
Because...